Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1972 Fox

Good manners cost nothing

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

I think forum talk is mostly informal.

I'm sure if, when you met to exchange your ticket, or even engaged in a proper conversation about doing so, people do actually have manners.

I wouldn’t have mate. Probably would have farted in the car, not said thanks and not even split the petrol cost.

• Haha 2

Mainly the sort of responses I expected to be fair. No offence taken, just reflects the diminishing standards in our society as a whole.

I will carry on saying please and thank you when I'm communicating and I ask for something.

I do understand that this is a forum and that talk can be informal. Thanks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Mainly the sort of responses I expected to be fair. No offence taken, just reflects the diminishing standards in our society as a whole.

I will carry on saying please and thank you when I'm communicating and I ask for something.

I wouldn't say it reflects society, it's just the internet.

I swear a lot in my posts but when I'm at a game and debare with the guy next to me I don't swear at him.

7 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Why didn’t you just quote my post and say it sounded rude instead of starting a thread and calling me out for it? That didn’t seem very polite to me.

57 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Why didn’t you just quote my post and say it sounded rude instead of starting a thread and calling me out for it? That didn’t seem very polite to me.

Life's too short. As the OP says this is not aimed at any individual.

I quite like a lot of your funny/humourous posts. We'll leave it there.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Life's to short. As the OP says this is not aimed at any individual.

I quite like a lot of your funy/humourous posts. We'll leave it there.

Too*. I am ever so sorry for bringing this to your attention but I thought it was the correct and proper way of doing it. Kindest regards.

8 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Life's too short. As the OP says this is not aimed at any individual.

I quite like a lot of your funny/humourous posts. We'll leave it there.

Not aimed at any individual but you have literally written my post out word for word lol. 

Genuinely, I’m on the wind up and haven’t taken it personally.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SchmalleyBoots said:

Too*. I am ever so sorry for bringing this to your attention but I thought it was the correct and proper way of doing it. Kindest regards.

Thanks, was editing my mistake as you were responding. And the word funny too. :)

Edited by Blue Fox 72

6 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

This is not aimed at any one individual but I thought I would make a point about a particular bugbear of mine.

I find it staggering to see how many posts in the Ticket News and Travel section are so lacking in basic good manners.

I was brought up to know that if I was asking for a favour or help from someone, then I should start/end my sentence with a please or thank you,  or even a cheers.

But most of the requests I see on here are more often than not "looking for a spare, DM me and will meet at the ground" or "anyone got space for two in their car to an away match or airport?" with no thought of a please or thank you.

We have a decent community on here in the main who share some good information and a lot of posters are willing to help others when possible.

Wanted to put it out there as just food for thought. Puts tin hat on! :ph34r:

Thank you. :)

Always certain posters who seem to be ‘looking for 2 tickets’ for the Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea’ sorts of games but MIA when it comes to the Norwich, Brentford, Southampton ones.. 🧐

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Always certain posters who seem to be ‘looking for 2 tickets’ for the Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea’ sorts of games but MIA when it comes to the Norwich, Brentford, Southampton ones.. 🧐

_106583455_sniphalfandhalf.jpg.59574c82fd11a14b328db8905894fd3d.jpg

• Haha 1