Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Dion Dublin

Hamill`s good you knob, BUT I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT DE LUMPS BEST FRIEND :D

He just come on, gave away a free kick, stood there for 10 seconds and then realised watford were on the attack, raced back to defend, when the ball went out for a goal kick, started "ordering" the defence around for the kop to stupidly fall for, what a turd.

When are city fans going to judge a player on his footballing ability, not his waving of the arms and gestures to the crowd antics?

I want footballers, not actors.

No agree with Rick im afriad Hammil is w**k, the boy is light weight

i dont think he is a forest loving twat. He probably has given up like i would if i was playing in Leveins team. Levein seems to have his favourites! (bloody kisnorbo!)

What was his excuse for being a lazy arse under Adams, Bassett and at Forest. What a waste of a talent!

i dont see why everyone is pointing the finger at kisnorbo when hes on his game he is one of citys best players i think you all should get off of his case

What the **** :blink:

As for Dublin - I've not bought into all this hysteria about him. He's decent in defence but frankly he's woeful in attack. Can't head (to his own players), can't run, doesn't get into any scoring positions and doesn't look like he'll ever score. Every time we play Dublin up front we look awful - except when he came on at Preston which was a one off.

He should never be allowed to play up front again.

What the **** :blink:

As for Dublin - I've not bought into all this hysteria about him. He's decent in defence but frankly he's woeful in attack. Can't head (to his own players), can't run, doesn't get into any scoring positions and doesn't look like he'll ever score. Every time we play Dublin up front we look awful - except when he came on at Preston which was a one off.

He should never be allowed to play up front again.

Amen to that :)

Hamill`s good you knob, BUT I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT DE LUMPS BEST FRIEND :D

He just come on, gave away a free kick, stood there for 10 seconds and then realised watford were on the attack, raced back to defend, when the ball went out for a goal kick, started "ordering" the defence around for the kop to stupidly fall for, what a turd.

When are city fans going to judge a player on his footballing ability, not his waving of the arms and gestures to the crowd antics?

I want footballers, not actors.

Hamill isn't good enough at this level, perhaps he might be in a few years but I can't see him getting better by chipping in with a few sub appearances here and there. He's 21 and far too lightweight and at that age your unlikely to grow unless he becomes a fat bastard which won't help. He did show some talent in the second half against Coventry but if your going to question me on thinking Gudjonsson is talented then i'll certainly take you to task on Hamill who's had one decent 45 minutes and the rest of the time he's gone AWOL.

Hamill isn't good enough at this level, perhaps he might be in a few years but I can't see him getting better by chipping in with a few sub appearances here and there. He's 21 and far too lightweight and at that age your unlikely to grow unless he becomes a fat bastard which won't help. He did show some talent in the second half against Coventry but if your going to question me on thinking Gudjonsson is talented then i'll certainly take you to task on Hamill who's had one decent 45 minutes and the rest of the time he's gone AWOL.

Here here. Just another one of these players you think are good with no reason behind it. He's not set the world alight with any 8/10 performances has he? Diobolical against Burnley, didn't even look that good against Blackpool or Watford come to think of it <_< . Apart from that 45 he's done nothing.

If you actually think Joey is not playing well he's just being made to look good by Kisnorbo you are mad. He's inspired what little attacking play we have had in the last two games.

Hamill He's 21 and far too lightweight and at that age your unlikely to grow unless he becomes a fat bastard which won't help. He did show some talent in the second half against Coventry but if your going to question me on thinking Gudjonsson is talented then i'll certainly take you to task on Hamill who's had one decent 45 minutes and the rest of the time he's gone AWOL.

Smith is 18, of similar size if not lighter.

What city need RIGHT now, is a leader, joey bless him, couldnt lead a brass band. I think maybs and tiatto have the best leadership qualities at our club, which is one of the reasons i`d play both.

What city need RIGHT now, is a leader, joey bless him, couldnt lead a brass band. I think maybs and tiatto have the best leadership qualities at our club, which is one of the reasons i`d play both.

I don't think we have suitable captain at the club, there maybe some potential in the younger players, Wesolowski, McCarthy, Stearman, Sheehan but not yet.

Joeys's not right for the job, inconsistent, although he has improved

Dublin even if I thought he was ok which I don't has no future

Maybury has demonstrated no leadership skills

Tiatto sorry but that's preposterous - would it be his head or his body that was Captain because the two never seem to be together.

Gerrbrand doesn't know the English game well enough.

Rab - goalies as captains, never!

Hughes too injury prone to be certain of playing

MDV, Kisnorbo lol

I'm rather hoping that one of the new signings will be an influential midfield player who will be primed to take over the Captaincy next season.

Smith is lighweight but he's quicker than shit off a shovel and has more tricks than Paul Daniels. Hamill is neither quick or skillfull so his size gets exposed because he can't really do anything on the ball other than pass it sideways and take a decent free-kick or corner. What attributes does Hamill have that makes him a good player? If he got stuck in abit more it might make up for the fact he can't take players on but because of how skinny he is, getting stuck in isn't an option for him. He also strikes me as very tepid and far from confident type of player. Recipe for failure at this level if you ask me.

Just as a matter of opinion, who do you think is more gifted as a footballer even though they play in different positions. Gudjonsson or Hamill?

Smith is lighweight but he's quicker than shit off a shovel and has more tricks than Paul Daniels.

now that's magic.

Ho, ho, ho

It's magic, you know

Never believe it's not so

It's magic, you know

Never believe, it's not so

Never been awake

Never seen a day break

Leaning on my pillow in the morning

Lazy day in bed

Music in my head

Crazy music playing in the morning light

Ho, ho, ho

It's magic, you know

It's magic, you know

I love my sunny day

Dream of far away

Dreaming on my pillow in the morning

Never been awake

Never seen a day break

Leaning on my pillow in the morning light

Ho, ho, ho

It's magic, you know

It's magic, you know

---- Musical Interlude ----

Ho, ho, ho

It's magic, you know

It's magic, you know

Here here. Just another one of these players you think are good with no reason behind it. He's not set the world alight with any 8/10 performances has he? Diobolical against Burnley, didn't even look that good against Blackpool or Watford come to think of it <_< . Apart from that 45 he's done nothing.

If you actually think Joey is not playing well he's just being made to look good by Kisnorbo you are mad. He's inspired what little attacking play we have had in the last two games.

Sadly (for Hammill that is) you're right. I've even watched him in the reserves and he's never stood out beyond ordinary. Positionally, he's quite good tracking back to cover but he's neither fast enough nor tricky enough to be a really effective winger.

Occasionally he has a decent shot or takes a telling free-kick/corner but that's about it. He'll never be an impact player and you've only got to compare him with Ryan Smith, a genuine winger who turns match days into a nightmare for his opponents.

You only get to be as cheeky as he is by having supreme confidence in your ability. Indeed, if he didn't show defenders the ball before he beats em, they'd never see it at all. Smith has speed, supreme skills and deceptive strength.

As wingers its like comparing a golden eagle with a sparrow.

In the end Stearman or Sheehan will be captain. I was struck on Tuesday by how similar they were. I know they've got different styles to some extent but the major things were their early passes (giving team-mates loads of time on the ball), their coolness under pressure and their sound and considered distribution.

Both read the game well and although Stearman is more authoritative in the air and obviously relishes tackling, Sheehan never stops thinking, has instant close control, wonderful dead ball skills and a range of passes.

When I watched Sheehan in the same team as Kisnorbo it was like man and boy. Sheehan conducted the orchestra and Kisnorbo played one of the parts (quite competently I should add).

Two have two such outstanding potential leaders is a blessing indeed but for now I'd go for McCarthy or Gerrbrand... but only for this season.

Smith is lighweight but he's quicker than shit off a shovel and has more tricks than Paul Daniels. Hamill is neither quick or skillfull so his size gets exposed because he can't really do anything on the ball other than pass it sideways and take a decent free-kick or corner. What attributes does Hamill have that makes him a good player? If he got stuck in abit more it might make up for the fact he can't take players on but because of how skinny he is, getting stuck in isn't an option for him. He also strikes me as very tepid and far from confident type of player. Recipe for failure at this level if you ask me.

Just as a matter of opinion, who do you think is more gifted as a footballer even though they play in different positions. Gudjonsson or Hamill?

Oh come off it, shit doesnt move quick unless you wet it, are you saying smith is wet behind the ears ;):D hes certainly got more tricks than paul, did paul have any...

Ner your wrong there mate, hamill is quick, and hes relatively skillfull. The mistake your making with his ability is comparing him to smith.

As above, hamill also has good ball control. If theres one thing craig can spot in a player, its a winger with good feet. For a CB, he does know a bit of technical skill when he sees it.

Hamill, cant believe you had to ask. Joey seems like a "mate of mine" type player, someone who just happened to be in the right place at the right time when a CM player was needed, meaning, he got the opportunity where "my mate" didnt. He also happens to be the son/nephew of a icelandic manager, who would naturally give him a good chance.

Since having these discussions about joey, ive concentrated on his performance`s more than any other, and i still dont see him better than championship average.

Players like him, kiso, williams, deep freeze, dont USE their potential, if indeed they have any, to progress. They seem quite happy to sign a numbered year contract, and just tag along earning £5,000 a week.

Joey`s footballing ability is tackling, giving the ball away far too easily, cant head it, hasnt got drive to get forward with a brain, can take a pen well, lacks confidence. School report 5/10, MUST try harder if he`s to help city gain promotion.

Oh come off it, shit doesnt move quick unless you wet it, are you saying smith is wet behind the ears ;):D hes certainly got more tricks than paul, did paul have any...

Ner your wrong there mate, hamill is quick, and hes relatively skillfull. The mistake your making with his ability is comparing him to smith.

As above, hamill also has good ball control. If theres one thing craig can spot in a player, its a winger with good feet. For a CB, he does know a bit of technical skill when he sees it.

Hamill, cant believe you had to ask. Joey seems like a "mate of mine" type player, someone who just happened to be in the right place at the right time when a CM player was needed, meaning, he got the opportunity where "my mate" didnt. He also happens to be the son/nephew of a icelandic manager, who would naturally give him a good chance.

Since having these discussions about joey, ive concentrated on his performance`s more than any other, and i still dont see him better than championship average.

Players like him, kiso, williams, deep freeze, dont USE their potential, if indeed they have any, to progress. They seem quite happy to sign a numbered year contract, and just tag along earning £5,000 a week.

Joey`s footballing ability is tackling, giving the ball away far too easily, cant head it, hasnt got drive to get forward with a brain, can take a pen well, lacks confidence. School report 5/10, MUST try harder if he`s to help city gain promotion.

Your arguments would hold alot more substance if you didn't then blow it by claiming novices like Hamill and Lee Morris are good footballers. Get one your stupid polls going and you'll be proved wrong again, not that you take any notice. I hold my hands up and admit I might have over-exagarated when I said Gudjonsson is a premiership player and i'll admit that. But he's been our most consistent player this season and took his 2 goals very well on tuesday and they were important goals aswell.

Hamill has done **** all for us and he isn't quick well not especially. Ask the Hearts fans about him they'll only tell you exactly what i'm telling you. It seems you have an obsession with rating players nobody else rates and slating players the majority of people rate, I think you think it makes you unique when really it makes you look a coooooooont. :D

Your arguments would hold alot more substance if you didn't then blow it by claiming novices like Hamill and Lee Morris are good footballers. Get one your stupid polls going and you'll be proved wrong again, not that you take any notice. I hold my hands up and admit I might have over-exagarated when I said Gudjonsson is a premiership player and i'll admit that. But he's been our most consistent player this season and took his 2 goals very well on tuesday and they were important goals aswell.

Hamill has done **** all for us and he isn't quick well not especially. Ask the Hearts fans about him they'll only tell you exactly what i'm telling you.

If your looking for an argument :D

Im saying them 2 HAVE the potential to be good footballers, which is what ANY team in this division needs to get out of it.

You argue the above point perfectly well for me.

Theres no doubt joey has improved this season, but he wont help us get promotion.

Oh come off it Ric, hamill is quick, do a poll :smile:

Archived