Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Christian Eriksen

Frank staying optimistic over Eriksen

Brentford manager Thomas Frank remains "optimistic" the Bees can re-sign Christian Eriksen this summer despite Manchester United being favourites to land the Denmark midfielder.

Eriksen arrived at Brentford for the second half of last term and hit the ground running, verbally agreeing to join United on a three-year deal this week.

The Dane had spent much of the summer weighing up his options and appears to have opted for the chance to play under Erik ten Hag.

But Frank is optimistic over Brentford's chances of being able to retain the Dane's services for next season.

Speaking to Danish publication B.T., Frank said: "Right now he’s not a Brentford player, but he’s not a player for anyone else either.

"It may well be that right now it seems to be a different place than with us, but let's see now.

"I have to be optimistic, but I also read newspapers. Lets see what happens. I communicate with Christian, but we keep it to ourselves until he is either signed here or somewhere else."

The deal ain't dead!.....Long live the deal!

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Frank staying optimistic over Eriksen

Brentford manager Thomas Frank remains "optimistic" the Bees can re-sign Christian Eriksen this summer despite Manchester United being favourites to land the Denmark midfielder.

Eriksen arrived at Brentford for the second half of last term and hit the ground running, verbally agreeing to join United on a three-year deal this week.

The Dane had spent much of the summer weighing up his options and appears to have opted for the chance to play under Erik ten Hag.

But Frank is optimistic over Brentford's chances of being able to retain the Dane's services for next season.

Speaking to Danish publication B.T., Frank said: "Right now he’s not a Brentford player, but he’s not a player for anyone else either.

"It may well be that right now it seems to be a different place than with us, but let's see now.

"I have to be optimistic, but I also read newspapers. Lets see what happens. I communicate with Christian, but we keep it to ourselves until he is either signed here or somewhere else."

The deal ain't dead!.....Long live the deal!

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer here mate but there is a distinct lack of the words 'Leicester' and / or 'City' in that article lol

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer here mate but there is a distinct lack of the words 'Leicester' and / or 'City' in that article lol

Think it's more the fact that it would be hilarious if he turned down Man u now lol

• Like 1