Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeh

Smith!

Arsenalfan, I have a question which has been puzzling me for some time..

Pascal Cygan.

Why?

You’re asking that question now - most Arsenal fans have been asking it since we got him. The real puzzle is that we sold Upson for £3m and then used that money to buy Cygan? The reason he is playing at the moment is that our first 3 options at left back are injured and he is left foot (sort of).

Has Patrick Viera been adequately replaced?

Were you a fan of David Seaman's pony tail?

Ian Wright is, in my opinion a legend. Who is the Arsenal player, past or present you hold most fondness for?

Are Arsenal going back to the famous bright red next season?

Remember that Bergkamp hattrick against us a few years back, 3-3. What a game. We were good then. Can we have Bergkamp please?

Another question Arsenalfan. " Is Thierry Henry just flattering to decieve?" :D

??????? - when fit this year he has been very good, but then again he is always very good. In my opinion he is one the top 2/3 player to ever play in the English league (Best, ???, in the future maybe Rooney). If only he was a natural goal scorer.

Has Patrick Viera been adequately replaced?

No, but Cesc could become a great Arsenal player. We still need a skilful enforcer. We are being link with a different midfielder every week.

Were you a fan of David Seaman's pony tail?

No, but neither was his wife - what can I say

Ian Wright is, in my opinion a legend. Who is the Arsenal player, past or present you hold most fondness for?

I loved watching Wright. My favourite player as a kid was Brady (great player not great person - big ego)

Are Arsenal going back to the famous bright red next season?

yes

Remember that Bergkamp hattrick against us a few years back, 3-3. What a game. We were good then. Can we have Bergkamp please?

Ajax already asked - he said no, he is retiring.

Thanks for answering.

One final one - where do you think you'll finish this season and which 3 do you think will go down?

I reckon you'll get second spot.

Think Pompey, Sunderland and Blackburn (PLEASE!) will drop.

I aint no gooner but still i'm bored!!

Arsenal to finish 3rd (sorry :ph34r: )

teams to go down:

Sunderland

Portsmouth

West Brom

Thanks for answering.

One final one - where do you think you'll finish this season and which 3 do you think will go down?

I reckon you'll get second spot.

Think Pompey, Sunderland and Blackburn (PLEASE!) will drop.

I think we will finish either 2nd or 3rd. I hate to say this but the one team that I think could upset the apple cart is Tottenham.

As far as going down, my guess would be Sunderland (looked very poor - our youngsters totally out played them), Portsmouth (lack of quality - need something major to happen) & WBA (I think they will struggle to score goals). Regarding Blackburn looked good against us and Hughes will always get his players to battle. I think Birmingham's quality will see them through in the long run (and their full of ex Arsenal players - Upson, Gray, Pennant, Hojsted and Neil Kilkenny). It would be unkind to call the Arsenal rejects, but...

I think we will finish either 2nd or 3rd. I hate to say this but the one team that I think could upset the apple cart is Tottenham.

As far as going down, my guess would be Sunderland (looked very poor - our youngsters totally out played them), Portsmouth (lack of quality - need something major to happen) & WBA (I think they will struggle to score goals). Regarding Blackburn looked good against us and Hughes will always get his players to battle. I think Birmingham's quality will see them through in the long run (and their full of ex Arsenal players - Upson, Gray, Pennant, Hojsted and Neil Kilkenny). It would be unkind to call the Arsenal rejects, but...

at one point they had 3 of our best ever players that have played for us, all there at the same time Birmingham must be a back up team after leaving better teams ;)

I would tend to agree with you. He won't "chasing, harrying and running into the flanks" or run at defenders. Because of this he does need someone to supply him. He comes alive in the box. It one of the reasons he hasn't played much for our first team. Wenger likes forwards that contribute all over the pitch and can create goals. But he is the best finisher I've ever seen.

One point of note is that Lupoli & Smith had an excellent understanding at reserve level.

SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH

SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH SMITH

I LOVE RYAN SMITH

I LOVE RYAN SMITH

Buy a Lottery ticket win three million and get Levein to Buy him if you love him THAT much.

I LOVE RYAN SMITH

How do you spell it? :):):):)

Hello - another Arsenal fan here, happy to be reading the Smith-fest

As opposed to what the other gooner said, I do think Smith is VERY highly thought of by Wenger.

From what I understand he was quite close to making his debut for the first team at 16, but then spent 9 months injured after a horror tackle for the reserves.

When Wenger talks about his impressive youngsters he always mentions Smith, even though he has far less experience than the likes of Senderos, Van Persie, Fabregas and Clichy.

On top of that in the Carling Cup last year he started Ryan ahead of Owusu-Obeyie but Smith got injured in both the games he played in, and both times Owusu-Obeyie then made a better impact.

But Owusu-Obeyie is an arrogant twat who would be in the first team if he had Smith’s attitude. Wenger’s also keen for Smith to make the grade because he actually grew up next to Highbury.

I hope he stays at Leicester all season, and I hope you get promoted, but doubt it. If you do, maybe you could have him for next season, but if he’s doing as well as you say then he’ll probably be pushing Reyes for a starting spot at the Emirates Walkers Crisp Bowl Stadium or whatever it is we’re moving into.

As for the other potential loanees. Lupoli and Bendtner are both prolific scorers and should be available. Larrson, Muamba and Djourou are all OK, but not in Smith’s class. I wish you had Aliadiere, who’s even better than Smith, and would score you 25 goals this season, but he’s warming the bench at West Ham, because Pardew doesn’t want to play loan players.

Hello - another Arsenal fan here, happy to be reading the Smith-fest

As opposed to what the other gooner said, I do think Smith is VERY highly thought of by Wenger.

From what I understand he was quite close to making his debut for the first team at 16, but then spent 9 months injured after a horror tackle for the reserves.

When Wenger talks about his impressive youngsters he always mentions Smith, even though he has far less experience than the likes of Senderos, Van Persie, Fabregas and Clichy.

On top of that in the Carling Cup last year he started Ryan ahead of Owusu-Obeyie but Smith got injured in both the games he played in, and both times Owusu-Obeyie then made a better impact.

But Owusu-Obeyie is an arrogant twat who would be in the first team if he had Smith’s attitude. Wenger’s also keen for Smith to make the grade because he actually grew up next to Highbury.

I hope he stays at Leicester all season, and I hope you get promoted, but doubt it. If you do, maybe you could have him for next season, but if he’s doing as well as you say then he’ll probably be pushing Reyes for a starting spot at the Emirates Walkers Crisp Bowl Stadium or whatever it is we’re moving into.

As for the other potential loanees. Lupoli and Bendtner are both prolific scorers and should be available. Larrson, Muamba and Djourou are all OK, but not in Smith’s class. I wish you had Aliadiere, who’s even better than Smith, and would score you 25 goals this season, but he’s warming the bench at West Ham, because Pardew doesn’t want to play loan players.

Smith an asset to English football and not only has he got unbelievable talent but his attitude is spot on and it's great to see. He obviously knows how good he is, but instead of swaggering around like some do, he let's his football do the talking. And at the minute nobody can shut his feet up, they've got verbal diorrhea.

Amazing player.

It's good to see. I've probably seen him play 4 times and thought he was very skillful, but a little lighweight. He always seemed to beat the first man with a bit of skill but then get instantly knocked off it by the second. Sounds like he's maybe getting stronger?

Most gooners I spoke to thought he was going to go the same way as Pennant and Bentley.

But I've never felt that because Wenger has never publicly supported Pennant or Bentley in the way he has Smith.

And those two players simply don't have Ryan's temperament.

One thing's for sure. After playing in the championship, he'll return to you toughened up and able to take a kick from the best. He is already marked as a danger player for us by all the teams we come up against so is learning to deal with the physical side.

In fact, I've been quite surprised at his ability to take the attention meted out to him.

I hope that when Smith returns, Arsene gives him the opportunity to progress in the first team next season. At times throughout this season Pires and Ljungberg have looked past it. I can't help feel that they are too secure in their positions without too much competition or threat of losing their places.

I'm glad that the ties between Arsenal and Leicester continue (K.Campbell, Alan Smith, Stuart Taylor, etc). If we can help in the development of other players to our benefit and yours, I am happy as a city fan. If you need any other good youngsters developing, send them our way.

I hope that when Smith returns, Arsene gives him the opportunity to progress in the first team next season. At times throughout this season Pires and Ljungberg have looked past it. I can't help feel that they are too secure in their positions without too much competition or threat of losing their places.

Well Pires seems to have lost his place on the left wing to Reyes, and Ljungberg possibly to Hleb on the right

But I'm sure Arsene will give Smudger the opportunity he deserves

But for now I'm just going to have to look out for whenever Leicester are on the telly

Well Pires seems to have lost his place on the left wing to Reyes, and Ljungberg possibly to Hleb on the right

But I'm sure Arsene will give Smudger the opportunity he deserves

But for now I'm just going to have to look out for whenever Leicester are on the telly

Friday 9th of December we're playing Stoke, it's live on Sky!

Archived