Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeh

Smith!

Do you not think your blowing things a little out of proportion here?

He is absloute quality, but George Best? Wayne Rooney? Think you'd need to see him playing top flight football to make that judgement.

If i'm proved wrong then i'll hold my hands up but Smith is the real deal.

Do you not think your blowing things a little out of proportion here?

He is absloute quality, but George Best? Wayne Rooney? Think you'd need to see him playing top flight football to make that judgement.

Theo Walcott hasn't played top flight football and he's been put in the wayne rooney catergory

Theo Walcott hasn't played top flight football and he's been put in the wayne rooney catergory

By some people, incorrectly though if he went to a top team he wouldnt get a game. Do you think Walcott is as good as Wayne Rooney? I think He still has a long long way to go. It's the comparison of Smith/Best I was getting at more any way. George Best Maradonna and Pele are three names I dont think should be mentioned lightly. It's far to early to be comparing Smith/Walcott to the greatest players of all time.

By some people, incorrectly though if he went to a top team he wouldnt get a game. Do you think Walcott is as good as Wayne Rooney? I think He still has a long long way to go. It's the comparison of Smith/Best I was getting at more any way. George Best Maradonna and Pele are three names I dont think should be mentioned lightly. It's far to early to be comparing Smith/Walcott to the greatest players of all time.

you have to admit hes got the talent and natural ability to go to the very top though? and a fantastic attitude to go with it. :rolleyes:

It was meant as tongue in cheek anyway. Smith is as effective for us as Best was for Man United. Smith has been involved in 4 of our 6 goals in the past week, take that away and we'd be back to square one and depressed as ****.

you have to admit hes got the talent and natural ability to go to the very top though? and a fantastic attitude to go with it. :rolleyes:

Well which one are you talking about :D Yes I said he was quality, He'd Tear he's way through any Championship side with ease, but you could say the same about alot of Premier league wingers and strikers. From what ive seen his the best left sided player Leicester have had since I started going. I would expect him to play for Arsenal and England before hitting 21. But theres a massive differnce from playing at the top of the Premier League, and becoming a all time great. It's very much a time will tell thing, I will say this though. You look at what Geroge Best was doing at 18, it will bring Ryan Smiths performances into perspective.

Well which one are you talking about :D Yes I said he was quality, He'd Tear he's way through any Championship side with ease, but you could say the same about alot of Premier league wingers and strikers. From what ive seen his the best left sided player Leicester have had since I started going. I would expect him to play for Arsenal and England before hitting 21. But theres a massive differnce from playing at the top of the Premier League, and becoming a all time great. It's very much a time will tell thing, I will say this though. You look at what Geroge Best was doing at 18, it will bring Ryan Smiths performances into perspective.

I aint sayin he is as good as george best was even at comparable ages, but i do think he has the ability to be that sort of exciting player, he is already the best player in championship, i have no doubt given the oppertunity in the arsenal side he would give pires somthing to worry about and @ 18 years old he has a fantastic futre ahead of him

I aint sayin he is as good as george best was even at comparable ages, but i do think he has the ability to be that sort of exciting player, he is already the best player in championship, i have no doubt given the oppertunity in the arsenal side he would give pires somthing to worry about and @ 18 years old he has a fantastic futre ahead of him

In that case totally agreed.

As an Arsenal fan I thought I would logon on your site to see how Smith was doing. By the looks of things "not bad". While I'm a big Ryan Smith fan (having watch him regularly since he was 15), I decide to put to put a touch of reality here. If you were to ask Arsenal fans in the know (i.e. regular attend youth & reserve games), as a prospect they would put him behind the following young players:-

Definitely behind

Cesc

Van Persie

Reyes

Senderos

Probably behind

Quincy

Lupoli

Stokes

Maybe Clichy

The best comparison is with Quincy as they both are likely to be fighting for the left wing position in the future. If I compare them, Quincy is quicker and a better dribbler of the ball, with Smith being a better striker of the ball (i.e. passing, shooting & crossing). Over the last year Quincy has been without doubt the best player for the Arsenal reserves. My take would be that Quincy has a higher ceiling (the ultimate hit or miss prospect) but Smith is the more likely of the two to make it.

He is definite an outstanding prospect, but he’s not even the best prospect at Arsenal.

Regarding Leicester City buying him: - My thoughts are that this is very unlikely as he is one of the younger players that Wenger has mention being the "future" of Arsenal. I would expect that Wenger will leave him at LC for the remainder of the season unless a premiership club wants him on loan (& he is guaranteed to play)

Good luck with the rest of the season.

As an Arsenal fan I thought I would logon on your site to see how Smith was doing. By the looks of things "not bad". While I'm a big Ryan Smith fan (having watch him regularly since he was 15), I decide to put to put a touch of reality here. If you were to ask Arsenal fans in the know (i.e. regular attend youth & reserve games), as a prospect they would put him behind the following young players:-

Definitely behind

Cesc

Van Persie

Reyes

Senderos

Probably behind

Quincy

Lupoli

Stokes

Maybe Clichy

The best comparison is with Quincy as they both are likely to be fighting for the left wing position in the future. If I compare them, Quincy is quicker and a better dribbler of the ball, with Smith being a better striker of the ball (i.e. passing, shooting & crossing). Over the last year Quincy has been without doubt the best player for the Arsenal reserves. My take would be that Quincy has a higher ceiling (the ultimate hit or miss prospect) but Smith is the more likely of the two to make it.

He is definite an outstanding prospect, but he’s not even the best prospect at Arsenal.

Regarding Leicester City buying him: - My thoughts are that this is very unlikely as he is one of the younger players that Wenger has mention being the "future" of Arsenal. I would expect that Wenger will leave him at LC for the remainder of the season unless a premiership club wants him on loan (& he is guaranteed to play)

Good luck with the rest of the season.

It's beggers belief how Lupoli hasn't been given a few chances in the premiership this season, scoring a hat-trick a game for the reserves surely counts for something doesn't it? I watched Arsenal reserves twice in the past year (both times against us where you destroyed us both times) and Smith shone out like a sore thumb as did Lupoli. You have some magnificent youngsters and it's astonishing that if true Smith isn't even slightly the best one there but perhaps it takes first team football to show who is the best and Smith might well be head of the second crop you listed when you get him back. If you've got sky, watch us on 9th December against Stoke and see what you think.

On saturday he took apart arguably the best team in the championship and did it with ease.

Two things would need to happen before wecould sign him permanently.

1. Wenger would need to take a long hard look at the reources at his disposal and decide to cash in and get a fee if he decides he has better options.

2. We would need to get promoted, as if he continues to perform at the current lvel there will be prem clubs after him if Arsenal decide to let go.

Neither is all that likely to be honest, so lets not get carried away.

Simon

It's beggers belief how Lupoli hasn't been given a few chances in the premiership this season, scoring a hat-trick a game for the reserves surely counts for something doesn't it? I watched Arsenal reserves twice in the past year (both times against us where you destroyed us both times) and Smith shone out like a sore thumb as did Lupoli. You have some magnificent youngsters and it's astonishing that if true Smith isn't even slightly the best one there but perhaps it takes first team football to show who is the best and Smith might well be head of the second crop you listed when you get him back. If you've got sky, watch us on 9th December against Stoke and see what you think.

On saturday he took apart arguably the best team in the championship and did it with ease.

I agree you only know how good a player is once they have played a number of games at first team level.

Have a look the these clips of Quincy (to compare with Smith) from the FiFa U20 championship last summer

http://www.nos.nl/noswktot20/voorpagina/index.htm

Then click on image "Meest Waardevolle" then click on Quincy name (in Dutch but shows hightlight - one tip snell means fast)

I also agree that Smith might end up being the best player of the 2nd group.

The problem with Lupoli getting a game is which 3 do you drop out of Henry, Van Persie, Bergkamp, Reyes? Lupoli (12 goals) isn't even our leading goal scorer at reserve/youth level, that honor belongs to Bendtner with 16 goals. I would expect Lupoli to go on loan in the new year.

I agree you only know how good a player is once they have played a number of games at first team level.

Have a look the these clips of Quincy (to compare with Smith) from the FiFa U20 championship last summer

http://www.nos.nl/noswktot20/voorpagina/index.htm

Then click on image "Meest Waardevolle" then click on Quincy name (in Dutch but shows hightlight - one tip snell means fast)

I also agree that Smith might end up being the best player of the 2nd group.

The problem with Lupoli getting a game is which 3 do you drop out of Henry, Van Persie, Bergkamp, Reyes? Lupoli (12 goals) isn't even our leading goal scorer at reserve/youth level, that honor belongs to Bendtner with 16 goals. I would expect Lupoli to go on loan in the new year.

Very impressive, I was always under the impression that Quincy was more of a striker than a winger? Smith is the most natural winger i've seen in some years and although it's too early to talk about England potential but he's got a damn good chance to stake a claim for it.

That Brendtner was very good in the reserves against us last season I think? Scored a couple as did Lupoli. I wonder whether we could take Lupoli on loan? It seems we have struck quite a freindship with Arsenal what with Stuart Taylor last season and Smith this season. Levein has said that we are getting a striker on loan in january but had to wait until then to get him as the manager wanted to keep him until after xams, perhaps Lupoli? That would be shit hot.

Ryan Smith looks fantastic. It's so good to see a winger get the ball and run at defenders.

Best left winger since Philpott.

Just my luck to be away for the Sheff Utd match. I felt we'd beat them as well. Have always maintained that they're not much better than us. That goes for the rest of the league. Teams are all much of a muchness. Anyway, I digress. Smith looks the part.

Ryan Smith looks fantastic. It's so good to see a winger get the ball and run at defenders.

Just my luck to be away for the Sheff Utd match. I felt we'd beat them as well. Have always maintained that they're not much better than us. That goes for the rest of the league. Teams are all much of a muchness. Anyway, I digress. Smith looks the part.

Blimey, Lee Philpott being mentioned in the same breath as Ryan Smith. :ermm:

Do agree that Smudger is a real delight to watch.

I'd love to see Lupoli here on loan. What do you rate our chances of getting him Arsenal fans? :)

I would expect him to play in the Championship in the new year. So yes he could join you. He is a very different type of player to Smith. At the end of a game your thinking Lupoli had a quite game, then you realise that he scored a hat trick (probably on 3 shots). He does 2 things very well:- 1. Gets into great goal scoring position 2. Always makes the keeper work (high % shots on target, hits the corner of goals). Doesn't get that involved in team play. Think Linker (without the proven pedigree)

Since arriving at Arsenal last year he has scored 41 goals in 37 matches (mostly reserve). At Parma he scored 45 goals in 20 youth matches.

I would expect him to play in the Championship in the new year. So yes he could join you. He is a very different type of player to Smith. At the end of a game your thinking Lupoli had a quite game, then you realise that he scored a hat trick (probably on 3 shots). He does 2 things very well:- 1. Gets into great goal scoring position 2. Always makes the keeper work (high % shots on target, hits the corner of goals). Doesn't get that involved in team play. Think Linker (without the proven pedigree)

Since arriving at Arsenal last year he has scored 41 goals in 37 matches (mostly reserve). At Parma he scored 45 goals in 20 youth matches.

That is an amazing record.

Whilst that is an excellent record, do our midfield create enough chances for the strikers? It seems that a lot of our chances are born out of our forwards, chasing, harrying and running into the flanks. Lupoli will be an excellent player, but one that I feel could potentially be wasted at Leicester.

:D:D

get him in!

Whilst that is an excellent record, do our midfield create enough chances for the strikers? It seems that a lot of our chances are born out of our forwards, chasing, harrying and running into the flanks. Lupoli will be an excellent player, but one that I feel could potentially be wasted at Leicester.

I would tend to agree with you. He won't "chasing, harrying and running into the flanks" or run at defenders. Because of this he does need someone to supply him. He comes alive in the box. It one of the reasons he hasn't played much for our first team. Wenger likes forwards that contribute all over the pitch and can create goals. But he is the best finisher I've ever seen.

One point of note is that Lupoli & Smith had an excellent understanding at reserve level.

Archived