Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeh

Smith!

Would just like to say this player is amazing! Best man on the pitch today and against watford on tuesday. Hes got unbelieveable skill and pace. He has the ability to take on players which gives us new and more options. He has a very high skill of creativity of which leicester are lacking. Just the way he cuts inside and takes on players is amazing.

I really highly doubt it but is there anyway do you think we could be able to keep him in our sqaud for longer?

What do you think?

Would just like to say this player is amazing! Best man on the pitch today and against watford on tuesday. Hes got unbelieveable skill and pace. He has the ability to take on players which gives us new and more options. He has a very high skill of creativity of which leicester are lacking. Just the way he cuts inside and takes on players is amazing.

I really highly doubt it but is there anyway do you think we could be able to keep him in our sqaud for longer?

What do you think?

Well, it sounds like Craig's going to speak to the Arse about keeping him here for longer. It's possible we could get him for the season. :cool:

With Ljungberg, Van Persie and Flamini on the bench for Arse today, they have way too many quality attacking midfielders. Why not let Smithy stay with us for a while, Arsene? :)

I think it's almost certain that we'll keep him till the end of the season, but beyond that i'm afraid it's onwards and upwards for the lad.

unless we got promotion!! .. i am sure he would stay then... just the way he hugged the manager when he scored and when he got subbed!! i think he loves it here... cos he knows how muhc we like him... and levein has gave him his carrer really because i bet loads of clubs didnt know about him until now... i bet they all got their eyes on him!! :P

if we got promoted... maybe he could do a jermaine pennant aye ;) cos he is a GREAT talent but to be fair.... arsenal dont need him.

i think he likes it here aswell, he loved scoring, he loves playing, but i think he is well happy he is gettin to play mainly!

i think we will get him till end of season, i dont see why arsene and Cl couldnt come up with some sort of agreement to keep him for even longer, he ent gunna get any first team games at arsenal yet, so he may aswell stay somewhere who loves, wants and needs him!!

I think it's almost certain that we'll keep him till the end of the season, but beyond that i'm afraid it's onwards and upwards for the lad.

have to agree with that!!

when you watch him you know that you are watching a very special player although I am sure he will probably go back to Arsenal where Arsene Wenger will never play him as he seems to do with all young English players!!! he doesn't mind giving 17 - 18 year old French or Spanish players a game but when it comes to young English players (Pennant, Bentley etc) he just doesn't seem to want to give them a chance!!! if you look at their first team squad on their website only 2players are English in Bentley (who is on his way out) and Justin Hoyte!!

you really have to fear for the lad if he goes back to that!!! no matter how special he is

Great pic, I also noticed the joy on his face on the photos on the OS. Looked ecstatic in his celebration. If we can get that lad permanently I'd say he could possibly be one of the greatest ever signings this club makes, if he costs £3m then surely hes worth going into further debt for? lol

have to agree with that!!

when you watch him you know that you are watching a very special player although I am sure he will probably go back to Arsenal where Arsene Wenger will never play him as he seems to do with all young English players!!! he doesn't mind giving 17 - 18 year old French or Spanish players a game but when it comes to young English players (Pennant, Bentley etc) he just doesn't seem to want to give them a chance!!! if you look at their first team squad on their website only 2players are English in Bentley (who is on his way out) and Justin Hoyte!!

you really have to fear for the lad if he goes back to that!!! no matter how special he is

To be fair Bentley and Pennant are not good enough for Arsenal. Premiership players maybe but not top class like Fabregas, Toure and Cole who are the only ones he has brought through the youth set up into a regular first team place.

Plus Cole and Campbell are both regular starters and English.

What a great player he is to watch. He's got energy enthusiasm & skill in abundance and clearly loves playing football !!! I'd rather watch him any day of the week than money grabin egotists like Reo Ferdinand :D

When he came on in his first game at Derby, he won a corner after some great work and pumped his fists to the fans which really got us going. The guy is just top draw :thumbup::thumbup:

The longer he can stay at the club and the more we can tell people about this exciting young player the better the crowds and hopefully results and atmosphere will be IMO

We should still have £1Mil left from the sale of Connolly, plus the other £1Mil if Wigan stay up which they will, So theres £2mil (I know my maths is great :))

Maybe the Gunners will accept £2Million for him or even less, you never know :D But all i can say is leicester should do their upmost to try and sign Smith. BREAK THE BANK LEVEIN!

We should still have £1Mil left from the sale of Connolly, plus the other £1Mil if Wigan stay up which they will, So theres £2mil (I know my maths is great :))

Maybe the Gunners will accept £2Million for him or even less, you never know :D But all i can say is leicester should do their upmost to try and sign Smith. BREAK THE BANK LEVEIN!

I doubt we have £1 million left from the Connolly deal (wages, sell-on clauses etc.) and the extra £1 million we could get will probably mostly go on reduced attentances... I'd imagine Smith would cost £3 million at the very least, there is no chance we could afford him... nor should we put ourselves in further debt doing so!

I doubt we have £1 million left from the Connolly deal (wages, sell-on clauses etc.) and the extra £1 million we could get will probably mostly go on reduced attentances... I'd imagine Smith would cost £3 million at the very least, there is no chance we could afford him... nor should we put ourselves in further debt doing so!

Well said Statto ;):thumbup:

Agreed on all counts but if there is any plausible way of arranging a deal that does make sense to the accountant then it should be pursued...not that I truthfully think the opportunity will ever arise. :(

Ryan Smith was unbelievable on saturday, absolute quality. He is the best player i've ever seen in a Leicester shirt other than Collymore and he's even up there with him. Forget Izzet, Forget Lennon, Forget Savage, Forget Heskey, Forget any player who's played for Leicester over the past 20 years, this lad is the real deal. If he isn't England's answer to their left wing problem then i'll be astounded.

I am in love with Ryan Smith, I am not afraif to admit it./ Obviously this isn't some gay thing, the man is fantastic. He epitomises what's special about football and as a fan the buzz he gives you is undescribable. I left The Walkers Stadium on saturday happier than i'd been in a long time, what one player can do to fans in 90 minutes. There's only one word for it PHEMONENAL.

George Best has sadly passed away last week, but I honestly think another 'Besty' has been found and i'm not talking about Wayne Rooney i'm talking about Smudger Smith.

Whatever us fans think of Craig Levein and whatever happens over the course of the season, please don't forget that Levein is the man responsible who gave us the opportunity to take a gimpse at one of the hottest prospects in the world right now. Find me a player with more natural potential than Smith and i'll be impressed. Hat's off to them both, I love it.

Ryan Smith was unbelievable on saturday, absolute quality. He is the best player i've ever seen in a Leicester shirt other than Collymore and he's even up there with him. Forget Izzet, Forget Lennon, Forget Savage, Forget Heskey, Forget any player who's played for Leicester over the past 20 years, this lad is the real deal. If he isn't England's answer to their left wing problem then i'll be astounded.

I am in love with Ryan Smith, I am not afraif to admit it./ Obviously this isn't some gay thing, the man is fantastic. He epitomises what's special about football and as a fan the buzz he gives you is undescribable. I left The Walkers Stadium on saturday happier than i'd been in a long time, what one player can do to fans in 90 minutes. There's only one word for it PHEMONENAL.

George Best has sadly passed away last week, but I honestly think another 'Besty' has been found and i'm not talking about Wayne Rooney i'm talking about Smudger Smith.

Whatever us fans think of Craig Levein and whatever happens over the course of the season, please don't forget that Levein is the man responsible who gave us the opportunity to take a gimpse at one of the hottest prospects in the world right now. Find me a player with more natural potential than Smith and i'll be impressed. Hat's off to them both, I love it.

I agree with u 100%, i know i given Levein some stick recently but you have to admit that Smithy seems to have taken to him quite well, and if we keep playin football like this there no reason we cannot move up towards the playoffs. Best player i have seen down the city ever!!

I agree with u 100%, i know i given Levein some stick recently but you have to admit that Smithy seems to have taken to him quite well, and if we keep playin football like this there no reason we cannot move up towards the playoffs. Best player i have seen down the city ever!!

Do you not think your blowing things a little out of proportion here?

He is absloute quality, but George Best? Wayne Rooney? Think you'd need to see him playing top flight football to make that judgement.

Archived