Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Football - The Good Side.

On 07/09/2022 at 12:03, davieG said:

304929833_10160646547529101_137106296883

(Not talkSport)

The City fans did the Stansfield family proud yesterday when Jay came on as a sub, everyone stood up and applauded - even some of the MK fans did as well. Very touching moment

• 3 months later...

319734814_673124760928853_30926689846818

Former Premier League defender Phil Bardsley has joined Stockport County on a free transfer until the end of the season.
He will be donating his entire salary during his time at Edgeley Park to the club’s community charity.
Playing for his love of the game!
  • Like 2

Seen a kind gesture at non league where a fan of home team, bought a tray of hot drinks for the away team subs sitting on the bench. People at first were joking saying "watch what he's put in that" but otherwise a nice gesture. Later the away manager returned the favour by at the end of match buying him a pint in the pub. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sadio Mané: "Why would I want 10 Ferraris, 20 diamond watches, or two planes? What will these objects do for me and for the world? I was hungry, and I had to work in the field; I survived hard times, played football barefooted, I did not have an education and many other things, but today with what I earn thanks to football, I can help my people. I built schools, a stadium, we provide clothes, shoes, food for people who are in extreme poverty. I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips and even planes. I prefer that my people receive a little of what life has given me." 🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

My lad started this week at a local club. That sort of level is what the beautiful game is.

I'd imagined you to be about 25 😅.

Having a relative play Non league for the last ten years really opened my eyes to how good it is . Only ever watched Leicester before that. 

Truly wished the City of Leicester had a conference North level team . Think they'd get great support when City played away .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I'd imagined you to be about 25 😅.

Having a relative play Non league for the last ten years really opened my eyes to how good it is . Only ever watched Leicester before that. 

Truly wished the City of Leicester had a conference North level team . Think they'd get great support when City played away .

Don’t believe that false myth that all UFS are some pesky newcomer kids:)

Yeah you make a good point there. Coalville will always be the towns club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Don’t believe that false myth that all UFS are some pesky newcomer kids:)

This old Koppite is right behind you boys 👊🏻

In fact got my 1st ticket in SK1 and dragging my brother and 13 year old daughter along . Just wish we could afford to go to more games 😒

• Thanks 1

🚨DID YOU KNOW:
️ Wilfried Zaha gives a 10th of his salary to charity.
️ He paid out of his own pocket to keep Palace's women's team going when it struggled with finance.
️ He does a lot of work for charities including underprivileged children after he himself was homeless when he was 6.

• Like 1