Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Broadband/TV Package

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I was under the same situation December last year - I cancelled - they called my bluff and didn't attempt to call me. BUT - I have zero regret. I do not miss it and often now wish I had cancelled earlier - Netflix and Prime is all I really need - alongside some kind people on here who occasionally PM me a very interesting Link. Let's face it - how often are Leicester on TV? I have a season ticket and try and also go to some away games - the rest of the time I rely on those kind hearted folks. Sky is a complete rip off unless you are able to watch something on there for at least 10 hours a week. Which then equivalates to around £2.31 an hour (based on £100 a month)

In my opinion anything more than that is not worth it. I probably watched around 2-4 hours a week max.

So - Cancel - even if they don't come crawling back - you will perhaps realise that you don't need it and save yourself a pretty penny. If not - just go back to them as a new customer and you will get a better deal anyways - win-win

I have thought about this but I do watch a lot of the games on sky/BT and enjoy having them on sky go if needed. Might just cancel anyway like you say but will have to think about it. 

11 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I have Sky for broadband and TV. The TV includes sky sports, bt sports all HD. This was £82 a month which I thought was ok. However now it’s gone up to £107 which is a bit of a joke. I don’t want to cancel but obviously want a better deal. Is it best just to call up and threaten to cancel?

Get yourself a quote from Virgin, so you have a rough idea of a figure to quote to Sky, ring Sky up tell them you'll cancel as Virgin are offering x, you also aren't on an Open Reach network with every other supplier either. If they don't budge or you don't want to risk waiting for a call back it'll ultimately depend on how much of an arse you're prepared to be on the phone. 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Get yourself a quote from Virgin, so you have a rough idea of a figure to quote to Sky, ring Sky up tell them you'll cancel as Virgin are offering x, you also aren't on an Open Reach network with every other supplier either. If they don't budge or you don't want to risk waiting for a call back it'll ultimately depend on how much of an arse you're prepared to be on the phone. 

Unfortunately I can’t get Virgin here so can’t use that angle. 

Talk talk contract was up for renewal.

Was quoted £44 for broadband and all inclusive landline which I have already.

Currently was paying £27 so an increase of £17!!!!!

Hour and a half later got it for £32.95 for 2 years fixed after telling them about a plusnet deal I was interested in.

I was shattered afterwards....

Edited by Raj

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Anyone use any of the smaller internet providers? Or any other than Virgin? 
Virgin are taking the the mickey, basic tv package and broadband £67 a month.

Just cancelled, so got a month to sort something else out.

Virgin will probably be in touch with you later today or tomorrow with a deal that might even be less than your pre increase price. They did with me.

Must admit, they do try it on, making customers go through the rigmarole of cancelling, but so do all other ISPs.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1