Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Is anyone genuinely going to boycott?

35 minutes ago, K1FOX said:
1 hour ago, shade said:

are you telling me that exposure to material, for example, extreme Islamist propaganda, can't change people's fundamental personalities?

Don’t be silly we can pick and choose what influences people and what doesn’t

Between 'influence' and 'change people's fundamental personalities' lies a yawning chasm of meaning. But I guess recognising that wouldn't suit your agenda pushing narrative.

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Largely gone under the radar here for obvious reasons. But there has been a lot of support and flags for Palestine. Apparently the Israeli journos have kicked off and been trying to get FIFA to have them the flags banned. 

Qatar will never ban the palestinian flags no matter what fifa say and rightly so

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Yep, particularly when you give a healthy dose of funding to Hamas

When you've got half of the richest countries in the world funding Israels illegal occupation and killings of the Palestinian people, your problem is with Qatar trying to help Palestine?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

When you've got half of the richest countries in the world funding Israels illegal occupation and killings of the Palestinian people, your problem is with Qatar trying to help Palestine?

Quite the opposite tbh, I don't see how you got that vibe from my post. I detest Israel but generally keep that opinion to myself on here. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Largely gone under the radar here for obvious reasons. But there has been a lot of support and flags for Palestine. Apparently the Israeli journos have kicked off and been trying to get FIFA to have them the flags banned. 

3 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

Fair enough, my apologies

Top lads :thumbup:

45 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Is it anti semetic to say you detest Isreal?

Depends very much on how you say it.

45 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

All we’ve been hearing the last month is how people detest Qatar? What’s the difference?

Actually we've been hearing lots of things, hardly any of which are that. A fair bit of dislike for the Qatar regime, of course, but that's in no way the same as loathing Qatar itself.

7 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Not sure what this proves tbf. You’re always gonna have people, who I reiterate have never and will never go to the Middle East, latching onto sob stories in the media from a dopey fan who’s ended up in a crap hotel ‘maTe iTs SH1t oUt thERe tHoSe ArabS cAnt eVen SorT hOtEls oUt.’ Those people don’t represent reality. And of course the Africans, Arabs and South Americans are going to have a great time out there because, amazingly, the world doesn’t revolve around Europe’s belief system. Unfortunately there are lots arrogant enough to not know that but lots who also do 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Not sure what this proves tbf. You’re always gonna have people, who I reiterate have never and will never go to the Middle East, latching onto sob stories in the media from a dopey fan who’s ended up in a crap hotel ‘maTe iTs SH1t oUt thERe tHoSe ArabS cAnt eVen SorT hOtEls oUt.’ Those people don’t represent reality. And of course the Africans, Arabs and South Americans are going to have a great time out there because, amazingly, the world doesn’t revolve around Europe’s belief system. Unfortunately there are lots arrogant enough to not know that but lots who also do 

Agreed mate. It’s just nice to see some positivity towards the place even if it’s not mainstream. Regardless of the obvious negative points which all countries have you can’t fault that Qatar has got it bang on from an infrastructure point of view (contrary to what the early reports were) and like you say people from other continents seem to be having an absolute blast. This is what a World Cup is about. Embracing other cultures and giving everybody their opportunity. Saying that it’s not just the Africans, the Arabs and the South Americans who are enjoying themselves, those that have gone over from here are loving it as well. Just feels as though begrudgingly the media narrative will have to change and they’re being very slow to do it.

50 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Agreed mate. It’s just nice to see some positivity towards the place even if it’s not mainstream. Regardless of the obvious negative points which all countries have you can’t fault that Qatar has got it bang on from an infrastructure point of view (contrary to what the early reports were) and like you say people from other continents seem to be having an absolute blast. This is what a World Cup is about. Embracing other cultures and giving everybody their opportunity. Saying that it’s not just the Africans, the Arabs and the South Americans who are enjoying themselves, those that have gone over from here are loving it as well. Just feels as though begrudgingly the media narrative will have to change and they’re being very slow to do it.

I find it hard to disagree with you from my perspective. I'll be honest and state i hope there is still some type of huge faux pas before the tournament ends that costs fifa some money or international reputation, but doesnt look likely. I agree watching the colours, emotion, joy and noise of the non-European fans has been a privilege and makes me jealous and vengeful about why i cant muster the same enthusiasm for England anymore. Being positive is a which better way to live life than searching for the negatives. The media narrative has to change because in Europe, with our highly strung, stressed out, tense, anxious and nerve-ridden society we can't understand the Arab way of doing things at the absolute last minute 'yala bro!!'

That all being said, Qatari and fifa values are completely at odds with mine. Before anyone kills me, that's my opinion, i am not saying i am 'right' and they are 'wrong'