Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Tickets for Newcastle (H) - Boxing Day

the utter nonsense of trying to reallocate my mate's season ticket so I can take a family member with me for this game is insane (we're both season ticket holders, he can't go on Boxing Day, so I'm trying to have his ST reallocated to a family member). You have to ring the ticket office, which seems almost impossible to access, with all sorts of details, and then pay a fiver for the privilege. Bring back the sodding plastic cards

5 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

the utter nonsense of trying to reallocate my mate's season ticket so I can take a family member with me for this game is insane (we're both season ticket holders, he can't go on Boxing Day, so I'm trying to have his ST reallocated to a family member). You have to ring the ticket office, which seems almost impossible to access, with all sorts of details, and then pay a fiver for the privilege. Bring back the sodding plastic cards

Screenshot the barcode and send it to your mate. Will work fine

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

If it’s a plastic card give them the card. If it’s a NFC season ticket send them the qr code. No need to get the club involved if your want your mate to use your ST. Sounds like you’re making a mountain out of a molehill 

• Like 2

On 20/12/2022 at 09:58, grobyfox1990 said:

If it’s a plastic card give them the card. If it’s a NFC season ticket send them the qr code. No need to get the club involved if your want your mate to use your ST. Sounds like you’re making a mountain out of a molehill 

Thanks for your sympathetic reply. It's a mobile ticket. How would my mate send me a QR code? I assume by your user name you were born in 1990, thus 32 years old, and much more tech savvy than this 56 year old. I've assumed that you can't 'swap' mobile tickets. Have you done this successfully, as I would like to learn how to do it? 

On 20/12/2022 at 09:57, Lcfc0123 said:

Screenshot the barcode and send it to your mate. Will work fine

I did do this for a game earlier in the season, and it didn't work. I may well have been doing something wrong. Have you done this successfully? If you could describe how do it in baby steps I would really appreciate it. Me and my mate, both in our 50s and I'd like to think reasonably tech-savvy (although perhaps not!) have really struggled with it

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

Thanks for your sympathetic reply. It's a mobile ticket. How would my mate send me a QR code? I assume by your user name you were born in 1990, thus 32 years old, and much more tech savvy than this 56 year old. I've assumed that you can't 'swap' mobile tickets. Have you done this successfully, as I would like to learn how to do it? 

Go on the NFC ticket, click settings and you will see a QR code. Screenshot this and send it the person who wants to use the ticket. Present this code at the turnstiles to gain entry to the stadium. I and many others have done this countless times. Instead of assuming things and then default having a go at the club, you and your friend should spend literally a few minutes trying to solve the problem yourselves. At 56 you are not old and hopefully you are healthy so have decades left on this planet to understand basic tech, you can't blame your age for a lack of effort.

If you are not confident doing this, get your friend to ring the club saying hes lost and his phone, they will resend the ticket email and you can download on your phone.

20 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Go on the NFC ticket, click settings and you will see a QR code. Screenshot this and send it the person who wants to use the ticket. Present this code at the turnstiles to gain entry to the stadium. I and many others have done this countless times. Instead of assuming things and then default having a go at the club, you and your friend should spend literally a few minutes trying to solve the problem yourselves. At 56 you are not old and hopefully you are healthy so have decades left on this planet to understand basic tech, you can't blame your age for a lack of effort.

If you are not confident doing this, get your friend to ring the club saying hes lost and his phone, they will resend the ticket email and you can download on your phone.

We’ve done in the ‘proper’ way now and got the ticket reissued in my relative’s name. I appreciate your help, but I didn’t want to try out the QR code thing at the gate and then find I couldn’t get access. 

So you then wave the screenshot in the same place as a normal downloaded ticket, right, and that works? Is that what you’re saying?

i realise I may be sounding obtuse but I drive two hours to each game, and don’t want my relatives to be denied entry because I’ve screwed up. 

And your system is something you and others worked out, right? It’s not official club policy if I can put it that way?

6 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

We’ve done in the ‘proper’ way now and got the ticket reissued in my relative’s name. I appreciate your help, but I didn’t want to try out the QR code thing at the gate and then find I couldn’t get access. 

So you then wave the screenshot in the same place as a normal downloaded ticket, right, and that works? Is that what you’re saying?

i realise I may be sounding obtuse but I drive two hours to each game, and don’t want my relatives to be denied entry because I’ve screwed up. 

And your system is something you and others worked out, right? It’s not official club policy if I can put it that way?

Yeh if you're not confident using the QR code on the settings of the ticket, you've done the right thing. Yes as soon as i got my ticket i had a play around to see what it's about, very very straightforward. I am not a tech nerd by any means but it seems to me you can't strip out the QR part of the ticket. I lived down the road from you in Borehamwood up until a few weeks ago so i understand the obtuseness

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Thanks for that - I chose a card as I didn’t think you could transfer the electronic ticket. I may swap to electronic next season if it’s that straightforward.

• Like 1