Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TJQuik

Netherlands vs USA - Round of 16

11 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Because England does much better. It's coming home lads lol.

I think a lot of English fans act out their frustration over their own national team's haplessness by making fun of the Americans.  Makes them feel less inadequate, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think a lot of English fans act out their frustration over their own national team's haplessness by making fun of the Americans.  Makes them feel less inadequate, I guess.

What's with this persecution complex? Every fan does it, don't tell me you weren't making fun of Germany and Uruguay

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

A World Cup semi final followed by a European championships final, I wouldn’t say I’m massively frustrated as an England fan tbf would have been nice to win 1 but it is what it is 

meanwhile the USMNT are competing in a tournament that sounds like a brand of instant coffee 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Focus will be on the next four years for the US. They seem to be on an upward trajectory, I thought that they gave it a good go today and were a bit unlucky. Ultimately, Dutch quality just shone through.

They have a good spine in their team though. Pulisic, Weah, Aaronson, Adams - all decent players. As the home nation, it will be interesting to see how they fare as they have performed better than what I’d imagined this tournament.

What is success of the USA at a tournament, here and in 2026? From the outside looking in I'd say round of 16 is probably par and quarters and beyond are considered a success.

All depends on the pool of players at that time of course.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

A World Cup semi final followed by a European championships final, I wouldn’t say I’m massively frustrated as an England fan tbf would have been nice to win 1 but it is what it is 

meanwhile the USMNT are competing in a tournament that sounds like a brand of instant coffee 

Come on, England would love to win the gold cup!  :)

Canada has won a cup more recent then England lol.

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

What is success of the USA at a tournament, here and in 2026? From the outside looking in I'd say round of 16 is probably par and quarters and beyond are considered a success.

All depends on the pool of players at that time of course.

I think that you’ve nailed it here. R16 was probably the objective, that said, it’s all about the manner in which they achieved this. 

5 points from the group, and a competitive performance against the Dutch. I think that they will be satisfied with that, it certainly provides a platform to kick on in 2026.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1