Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Fiverr - Visual Design Work

Evening All,

Anyone ever used Fiverr? Recommend it?

I need some design work doing; and plan to use the designs to get some signage made... can anyone advise me what I need? Following options exist - what am I like to need?

- Vector file

- Printable file

- Include 3d mock up

- include source file

I'm genuinely puzzled by what I need.

I'm helping a friend who is doing some business bits, but have also been helping out a local sports club with some branding bits and pieces ahead of doing some marketing ahead of music events we run. As a bit of a tester, I've decided to get a sign made for my home bar; so this is the test-case if you, but also something I've fancied having for a while. I head about fiverr and thought I'd give it a go, but have ended up a bit befuddled by the various tiers and options; so design work can range for the same designer from a fiver to say £250. Now I don't think anyone should really be doing the work for a fiver, but I don't want to get file types I don't need?

Also, I have never used fiverr and can see me approaching a few designers and ending up spending hundreds.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Please don't respond and say 'just use a local designer/print shop' as I've genuinely done that and looking for fresh ideas as it all feels a bit modern and corporate to me and that's not really the pitch for any of this. 

Help appreciated!

Edited by The People's Hero
Added more words, without really saying more. Captain verbose over here. Hoooo!

Used a guy a few months ago to visualise a tattoo idea I've had in my head. Not exactly what I wanted but definitely helped and gave me more ideas. It was only about £15 which I was willing to part with as I wasn't quite ready to get the ball rolling at my regular shop. Really good experience, really helpful and cheap as, and was really just what I needed.

Your file type really depends on what you need - eg size of sign, method of fabrication, etc. If you want to PM me with size, wording, and some examples of the type of thing you’re after I can give you further info. Branding and signage is what I do, including pub signage and branding. I don’t really need the work but if it’s interesting I can put something together and you can pay me whatever you think it’s worth. Otherwise I can give you a steer on what you need. 

I’ve used 99 designs before mate the platform generally really good and you’ll get a good number of designers bidding for the work but it does depend a lot on the brief you give them. 

had a couple of things done on fiverr...bit meh to be honest.

watch out for hidden increases in the cost.
stick to your guns and only accept as final the design you are happy with.

Edited by ozleicester

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

had a couple of things done on fiverr...bit meh to be honest.

watch out for hidden increases in the cost.
stick to your guns and only accept as final the design you are happy with.

Yep, you have to be very specific in your requirements. Even if you deal with a native English speaker, mis understandings can arise. And yes, the price quoted can  rise, for example Fiverr will add an "expected" tip at the end (plus a further cut for them). 

I'm not sure you will save much over using a local resource, but as you say, there may be a lot more choice to choose from.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

• Vector file - Definitely need this, it's what any signage company worth their salt will want. It means the artwork can be scaled endlessly and printed as big as you want without a loss of quality. 

• Printable file - I mean... it's just going to be a pdf of the above file. So, not sure it's exactly essential. 

• Include 3d mock up - No, a 2D mockup would be fine I'm sure. 

• include source file - The source file is just going to be an illustrator for Indesign file, whatever programme it was created in. 

See a few notes above. Check what programme they are going to create it in for a start. 

Anyone says anything other than illustrator or Indesign run a mile.