Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Countries that you've visited

Guest lcfc80

love stuff like this. I'm 43 so here's mine, nearly 40 countries

England

Scotland 

Wales

Ireland

Iceland

Norway

Sweden

Denmark

Holland

Germany

Belgium

France

Spain

Gibraltar

Czech Republic

Luxembourg

Bulgaria

Switzerland

Malta

Greece

Cyprus

Oman

UAE

Qatar

Sri Lanka

India

Thailand

Singapore

Malaysia

Hong Kong

Australia

New Zealand

Antigua

Barbados

America

St Lucia

Grenada

Dominican Republic

St Kitts

England

Scotland 

Wales

Ireland

Norway

Sweden

Denmark

Finland

Estonia

Latvia

Lithuania

Poland

Hungary

Romania

Serbia

Croatia

Slovakia

Slovenia

Austria

Russia

Holland

Germany

Belgium

France

Spain

Portugal

Italy

Czech Republic

Turkey

Switzerland

Greece

Cyprus

Oman

UAE

Qatar

Saudi Arabia

Kuwait

USA

Mexico

Canada

• Like 1

I think the most difficult place I have been to is Nicaragua. There is such a wealth gap that it’s unreal.  Very heartbreaking. If you have money ( a tourist) then there are some great places to visit. Some lagoons to swim in, volcanoes, nice resorts but there are so many poor people. There’s a place just outside of the capital , Managua, that’s called La Chureca ( sp!?) it’s the local rubbish tip.. we saw people rummaging through the rubbish looking for things to sell. They literally live in huts ON the rubbish dump.  The government built them some flats for free and moved them away but they took them away from their only source of income so they all moved back.I saw a very young girl with a baby on her hip and was told it was her baby! Apparently a lot of the young girls prostitute themselves to the rubbish lorry drivers, not for money, but so they can get the first look through the rubbish they bring in. Very upsetting  place. I’m sure there’s more places like it too. It scarred me.

Edited by MPH

8 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Beautiful. Very peaceful and pretty. Had no expectation when I saw it on our itinerary but was very pleasantly surprised. 

Thanks! We don't know anyone who's been and we're planning a few nights there in August, so that's reassuring. It's going ro be a 'do very little other than relax' break so it sounds perfect. 

On 07/06/2023 at 07:40, FoxesDeb said:

Thanks! We don't know anyone who's been and we're planning a few nights there in August, so that's reassuring. It's going ro be a 'do very little other than relax' break so it sounds perfect. 

Ideal for a relaxing few days, had a very laid back atmosphere. And funnily enough, we said it would be a great place to spend a few days as a relaxing break. The old town was very quiet and architecturally French colonial, the beach was nice and there's a lovely lido near to the port. Hope you have a good time now I've said all that :)

• Thanks 1