Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 23/24

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I had to watch this game intermittently, as I was busy with family business!!!

I missed the first two goals, managed to watch about another 10 minutes up to minute 39, then had to do something else and when I got back to the game it was minute 86 and I had missed the other 2 goals.

I was looking forward to this to see how you would approach the game. I can see Eddy Vanhemel is your U21 coach, but the players seemed to have reacted well to his ideas.

I cannot comment on the game, as I saw very little of it, but St.Truidense was coming off a couple of previous bad defeats and they are going through the wringer at the moment. 

If you have VPN and choose Belgium, you should be able to watch the goals here: https://sporza.be/nl/matches/voetbal/jupiler-pro-league/2023-2024/regulier/11/oh-leuven-stvv-geen-coach-geen-probleem-voor-oh-leuven-dat-kansloos-stvv-helemaal-oprolt~1687436584523/

Edited by Phugalu
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I had to watch this game intermittently, as I was busy with family business!!!

I missed the first two goals, managed to watch about another 10 minutes up to minute 39, then had to do something else and when I got back to the game it was minute 86 and I had missed the other 2 goals.

I was looking forward to this to see how you would approach the game. I can see Eddy Vanhemel is your U21 coach, but the players seemed to have reacted well to his ideas.

I cannot comment on the game, as I saw very little of it, but St.Truidense was coming off a couple of previous bad defeats and they are going through the wringer at the moment. 

St. Truidense had more possession (66%) but never came close to scoring a goal. Despite only having 34% ball possession we were clearly the better team and deserved the win. 

Credits to caretaker manager Eddy Vanhemel and the rest of his staff. They did a great job this week.

Hopefully the new manager signs this week, although I'm ok with the fact that our club and King Power are taking their time to make sure we sign the right guy.

• Like 4

On 22/10/2023 at 23:32, moore_94 said:

Yeah, no recent update from the club that I can see on what it is or how long for though

There was an update last month where it was only meant to be a couple of weeks

Opoku had almost recovered from his injury, but he had a relapse

No idea when he's expected to return

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...well it has all gone wrong 4 - 1 now to Anderlecht 52 minutes gone, either we are making them look good or they are that good!!!

It's a good game to watch if you are neutral, they look exciting, we are still trying, and players are still putting in a shift but Anderlecht is a few steps above us.

5-1 in the end.

Our lads gave it their all, but Anderlecht was just too strong for us. Can't be mad at that.

Must win game against Westerlo next week

• Like 2

Results and standings after week 12

St. Truidense 2-1 RWD Molenbeek
KV Mechelen 0-2 Cercle Brugge
Eupen 2-0 Charleroi
Anderlecht 5-1 OH Leuven
Club Brugge 2-1 Antwerp
Westerlo 1-3 USG
Gent 3-1 Standard Liège
Kortrijk 0-3 Genk

image.thumb.png.056e719c5f7ffa10ec6a19a2cab36159.png

Fixtures for week 13

Friday November 3rd

St. Truidense - Eupen

Saturday November 4th

RWD Molenbeek - Kortrijk
OH Leuven - Westerlo
Antwerp - Genk

Sunday November 5th

Cercle Brugge - Anderlecht
Standard Liège - KV Mechelen
USG - Club Brugge
Charleroi - Gent
Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryy said:

I’m surprised he’s doing well 

I am still not convinced of his skills. He is a very limited player. He has his speed, and yes he had to defend at OHL so he couldn't show himself fully in Belgium, but other than there is nothing else too him. 

3 hours ago, Phugalu said:

I am still not convinced of his skills. He is a very limited player. He has his speed, and yes he had to defend at OHL so he couldn't show himself fully in Belgium, but other than there is nothing else too him. 

...just to be clear, we are talking about Tamari here!!!

Not sure where the defending part comes in with this, he was always upfield thinking he was Mahrez. He was not limited by the way we played, he made poor decisions in games and was always looking to beat too many players for a great goal.

As a free transfer, he appears to be working out quite well for Montpellier.

2 hours ago, Harboro said:

any frontrunners? pearson back for a second spell ;)

...that will never happen, if the powers that be even thought about it for a second, you knew they would have learned nothing!!!

OHL needs a manager who knows all about the Jupiler League, knows players as well as the having the right credentials to come in and command the club.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1