Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 23/24

Results and standings after week 4

OH Leuven 1-1 Antwerp
Standard Liège 0-1 Cercle Brugge
KV Mechelen 4-0 USG
Genk 0-0 Charleroi
Anderlecht 2-1 Westerlo
Gent 2-2 St. Truidense
Club Brugge 7-1 RWD Molenbeek
Kortrijk 1-3 Eupen

image.thumb.png.03064334bd67c409e0ff8fb8dd376298.png

Fixtures for week 5

Saturday August 26th

Westerlo - KV Mechelen
Eupen - OH Leuven
Kortrijk - Standard Liège

Sunday August 27th

Club Brugge - Genk
St. Truidense - Cercle Brugge
Anderlecht - Charleroi
Antwerp - Gent
RWD Molenbeek - USG

5 hours ago, Bonanza said:

We made offers for both Youssef Maziz (CAM/LW, FC Metz) and Carlo Holse (CAM/RW, Rosenborg)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/youssef-maziz/profil/spieler/481116

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/carlo-holse/profil/spieler/345577

You are actually spending money for once and not relying on free transfers and loans 

• Like 1

It is a mix of not having the right players, not the right mindset and not the right coach that can motivate them to give their best, and to outplay the opponent tactically. We were like sheep being lead to the slaughterhouse... no one shows the mentality that they wanna win. So many mistakes throughout the game as well ... it was as if we were watching a team of toddlers. Right now we are the worst team in our division. A lot needs to change if we want to avoid relegation.

20 hours ago, Phugalu said:

It is a mix of not having the right players, not the right mindset and not the right coach that can motivate them to give their best, and to outplay the opponent tactically. We were like sheep being lead to the slaughterhouse... no one shows the mentality that they wanna win. So many mistakes throughout the game as well ... it was as if we were watching a team of toddlers. Right now we are the worst team in our division. A lot needs to change if we want to avoid relegation.

Heard you want Denis Odoi who started his career at you if I remember 

Results and standings after week 5

Westerlo 2-3 KV Mechelen
Eupen 3-1 OH Leuven
Kortrijk 1-1 Standard Liège
Club Brugge PP Genk
St. Truidense 0-2 Cercle Brugge
Anderlecht 2-1 Charleroi
Antwerp PP Gent
RWD Molenbeek PP USG

image.thumb.png.661c1e6bb7a81ffa6663ce143a9db599.png

Fixtures for week 6

Friday September 1st

OH Leuven - Kortrijk

Saturday September 2nd

Cercle Brugge - Westerlo
KV Mechelen - Eupen
Standard Liège - RWD Molenbeek

Sunday September 3th

Gent - Club Brugge
USG - Antwerp
Genk - Anderlecht
Charleroi - St. Truidense

6 hours ago, Ryy said:

Heard you want Denis Odoi who started his career at you if I remember 

I believe he can be of worth for the club even at 35, but it is creativity we lack most. We don't have players that can dribble have flair nor vision. Our passing is horrible and the players seem to be panicking half of the time on the ball. It also feels like they don't get along with Brys anymore for some reason. In interviews you can read between the lines that the tactics aren't clear to the players. That or they just suck at following them. Brys on his turn puts the responsibility of the 2/15 on the board so I would guess there were promises made but not delivered. I wouldn't mind a new staff with fresh ideas though...  but where is Top in all of this? He doesn't seem to be too bothered with it. A loss on friday against Kortrijk will have to speed up things if they want to keep the fans happy. Sadly I am expecting that loss too.

Edited by Phugalu
  • Sad 1

Still hoping for Carlo Holse as well, but I hear the asking price was too much for us. He can play as an AM or a RW, while Maziz can play as an AM or a LW. 

It wouldn't hurt getting another creative player though since that is what we lack a lot. 

Edited by Phugalu

3 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Still hoping for Carlo Holse as well, but I hear the asking price was too much for us. He can play as an AM or a RW, while Maziz can play as an AM or a LW. 

It wouldn't hurt getting another creative player though since that is what we lack a lot. 

Can we interest you in a Danny Ward? 

Overall we were the better team with chances and mistakes on both sides, especially in the first half. The win was deserved, but Kortrijk wasn't the hardest opponent either. Brys delivered what he preached, but I don't know if it will be enough to keep his job. Kiyine is such a bad player, he should have been replaced a lot earlier. He can't keep a ball or pick a pass.. and goddamnit put N'dri on from the start. He has got the balance and speed of a pitbull. Big change in dynamic when he comes on. Great job from Shingtienne in the back, I wouldn't mind it if he got a first team spot every game. Sagrado and Mendyl are twins I swear... they are so similar and very handy on the wing back. Schrijvers is weak. I hope he and Kiyine get replaced by Maertens and Misao or Banzuzi eventually. Dom was useful without standing out. And Maziz brought what we expected of him. Kudos to our fans behind both goals, they are the best! All in all a good and pleasing performance... but will it be enough to keep Brys?

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 1