Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 23/24

I do not know what is going on here, if the owners are not prepared to manage the club, they should either find someone to manage it correctly or should allow a team to buy the club and manage it correctly. A change of manager seems to be the way forward.

• Like 2

we all want to believe we’ve turned a corner but looking at what’s going on at leuven it’s clear that absolutely no lessons have been learned. 

A lucky bet on maresca is just a smokescreen hiding their incompetence. I’m not fooled. They basically flipped a coin between him and parker, that’s all you need to know really. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

we all want to believe we’ve turned a corner but looking at what’s going on at leuven it’s clear that absolutely no lessons have been learned. 

A lucky bet on maresca is just a smokescreen hiding their incompetence. I’m not fooled. They basically flipped a coin between him and parker, that’s all you need to know really. 

...I  think Maresca came in via the grapevine, not something that had been planned!!!

I feel the feel good factor has clouded and plastered over our previous mishandling of the club. Whilst we are successful on the pitch no one cares about what is happening in the background.

Nothing has changed, no real vision is available or likely to be forthcoming. Maresca will be the one they are going to pin their hopes on to drive this club forward. 

It is a sad indictment that after all this time, we are unable to expand on Khun Vichai's vision, no long-term plans or coherent ideas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  think Maresca came in via the grapevine, not something that had been planned!!!

I feel the feel good factor has clouded and plastered over our previous mishandling of the club. Whilst we are successful on the pitch no one cares about what is happening in the background.

Nothing has changed, no real vision is available or likely to be forthcoming. Maresca will be the one they are going to pin their hopes on to drive this club forward. 

It is a sad indictment that after all this time, we are unable to expand on Khun Vichai's vision, no long-term plans or coherent ideas.

Absolutely! 

We need the club to be like Brighton, in the sense that we are always forward planning and planning for life after Maresca. 

Being realistic, if he keeps going the way he is, there will be big opportunities available for him at some stage and we will need to be able to shake it off and keep moving forward.  

It feels to me like the clubs internal review just lead to a blame game that was aimed at the pitch (not having leaders) and a couple of coaches who have been around for too long. Outside of that, we haven’t really addressed anything else. 

One thing is for sure, we are very lucky we did land on Maresca, because who knows where this club would have ended up if we’d got someone like Martin in. 

but anyway, i feel for Leuven as we’ve had the exact same thing happen to us last season and I just hope that they can turn this ship around. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

The board clearly prefers to pay the relegation price over sacking the coach and pay him instead. The more I hear things the more I feel that Brys is the main problem. He doesn't like to use players he finds difficult to work with (no clue in what sense), like N'dri. Our assistant manager who only just got hired quit the team. Our CEO quit the team... partly or fully because of Brys and/or how the board handles things? **** me... get to the root of this problem King Power or sell the club if you don't care... cause the fans do!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Phugalu said:

The board clearly prefers to pay the relegation price over sacking the coach and pay him instead. The more I hear things the more I feel that Brys is the main problem. He doesn't like to use players he finds difficult to work with (no clue in what sense), like N'dri. Our assistant manager who only just got hired quit the team. Our CEO quit the team... partly or fully because of Brys and/or how the board handles things? **** me... get to the root of this problem King Power or sell the club if you don't care... cause the fans do!

absolutely identical to the issues with brendan. Too big to sack and admit they’ve got it wrong. 

Absolutely  ludicrous that they are doing it again! 

• Like 3

On 10/10/2023 at 04:27, Lambert09 said:

I can't escape this exact thought. Only have to see the U21 as well. I'm not fooled.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Phugalu said:

Yeah I worry for you I'm afraid. It's eerily similar to what happened here a year ago and they only acted on sacking the manager when he realised there was nothing he could actually do beyond directly asking them for the sack to get his much wanted payoff.

Good chance Leuven drop this season.

If we are going down the KP incompetence route I think you only have to look at the quality of LCFC squad left behind after relegation to see how hard it was to actually take us down. 

Not a single apology even after the head shaking when we could see it collapsing a year ago. 

Nevermind, we are in great shape now and enjoying this season so far under Maresca. 

5 hours ago, Gazza M said:

If we are going down the KP incompetence route I think you only have to look at the quality of LCFC squad left behind after relegation to see how hard it was to actually take us down. 

Not a single apology even after the head shaking when we could see it collapsing a year ago. 

Nevermind, we are in great shape now and enjoying this season so far under Maresca. 

I am glad a new coach gave you fresh ideas. I hope you get promoted again and that KP seriously buys in properly this time so you can stay up too and be able to relive the best days of your club. I just hope it doesnt have to come that far with OHL. Behind the scenes things are not working out as they are supposed to. We need a new structure and more independancy and trust. We are on the right track but an evaluation every now and than by people with vision wouldn't hurt. Else we wouldn't have been in this mess right now.

• Like 4

...rumoured that he (Marc Brys) has gone today!!!

It couldn't last. After a short recovery, OH Leuven ended up in relegation concerns again after a zero out of six against Standard and Cercle Brugge. The OHL board now intervenes and dismisses coach Marc Brys. He had been working in Leuven for three and a half years, making him by far the longest-serving coach in the Jupiler Pro League.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...time for another raid on ST. Truiden!!!

I am not sure of who is or may be available, but the Manager (St. Truiden) plays a great style of football, like LCFC and hopefully if well-funded he can take us forward. 

Thorsten Fink is the manager at St-Truiden. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/thorsten-fink/profil/trainer/3770

I hope we get a similar guy like him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lfu said:

Do you think you could get a manager like Philippe Clement or Jess Thorup, or would they be too high profile?

I don't think so

Clement has made it clear he doesn't want to return to Belgium. He's currently in the running for the Rangers job.

Thorup would be amazing, but I don't think he's interested in a small club like OHL.

I would've loved Karel Geraerts, who managed Union last season, but he signed with Schalke 04 a couple of days ago

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1