Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 23/24

26 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Long overdue but it finally happened. I would like an attack minded coach for a change, we have the players for it now if they stay fit. I think fans and players alike will sigh with a big relief today.

Sacking Brys was only the first step. Hiring the right manager now is equally as important.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Long overdue but it finally happened. I would like an attack minded coach for a change, we have the players for it now if they stay fit. I think fans and players alike will sigh with a big relief today.

...a bit slow in doing the deed, we have lost quite a few days to recruit a new manager!!!

I hope there is someone in the pipeline as the international break gives us all the chance to make a change and give the new manager a chance to meet and familiarise himself with the new environment.

This is an opportunity to prove that the board has learned from the Rodgers debacle, as I am not sure they understood what they did wrong before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a bit slow in doing the deed, we have lost quite a few days to recruit a new manager!!!

I hope there is someone in the pipeline as the international break gives us all the chance to make a change and give the new manager a chance to meet and familiarise himself with the new environment.

This is an opportunity to prove that the board has learned from the Rodgers debacle, as I am not sure they understood what they did wrong before.

Brys should've been sacked at the end of last season, but OHL just wasn't a priority for King Power due to the relegation of Leicester. It's as simple as that.

Brys also should've been sacked last month after our loss against Eupen. We've really lost a lot of time...

To be fair, I'm really surprised they sacked him. We all know King Power gives it's managers a lot of time to try to turn things around. We've seen it with Pearson, Brys and Rodgers. I'll gives them the benefit of the doubt and say they might have learned from their mistakes which led the Leicester's relegation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

No real update to be honest.

A lot of free managers have been linked with OHL in the press, but most of those names are just speculation.

English media have named Scott Parker as a potential candidate lol

...there is always Rodgers, they say he is good for a season or two, just a year's supply of notebooks and a reliable pen that works in all weathers!!!

• Haha 1

On 13/10/2023 at 22:19, Ric Flair said:

Claude Puel

Fantastic shout tbh. Think after his end here and time at St.Etienne he needs a fresh start. He’s very good at stabilising clubs and building them for the future, knows the ownership and I assume the owners would trust him to rebuild off the pitch as well as on. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fantastic shout tbh. Think after his end here and time at St.Etienne he needs a fresh start. He’s very good at stabilising clubs and building them for the future, knows the ownership and I assume the owners would trust him to rebuild off the pitch as well as on. 

...have to say this would be a poor appointment and I would not wish this on OHL!!!

We seem to be forgetting a manager who had such poor communication skills that he alienated most of the players in his charge. If his man-management skills were anywhere near average he perhaps would be a good manager. We have seen that he struggles to bring players along with him, his games were soporific and we were all calling for him to go.

I am not sure where the push for Puel and his redemption has come from, but this manager failed miserably during his time here. He could spot a player, he just could not build a team that would follow him.

On 17/10/2023 at 19:44, Bonanza said:

No real update to be honest.

A lot of free managers have been linked with OHL in the press, but most of those names are just speculation.

English media have named Scott Parker as a potential candidate lol

Scott Parker is proven in the division to be fair

...so far no news on the potential Brys replacement!!!

It has been more than 7 days and if this is any indication that nothing the people at the top has learned from the debacle with LCFC, well here is proof. 

Releasing a manager in an International break should have been a good step, but failing to have identified and had some lined up is criminal. 

LCFC drifted for 10 games, where the possibility to stave off relegation was available, but we had no plan in place to bring someone in who could take us through to the end of the season.

I hope we are not sitting there,  waiting for a coach to be knocked out of a European competition before we make an appointment. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...so far no news on the potential Brys replacement!!!

It has been more than 7 days and if this is any indication that nothing the people at the top has learned from the debacle with LCFC, well here is proof. 

Releasing a manager in an International break should have been a good step, but failing to have identified and had some lined up is criminal. 

LCFC drifted for 10 games, where the possibility to stave off relegation was available, but we had no plan in place to bring someone in who could take us through to the end of the season.

I hope we are not sitting there,  waiting for a coach to be knocked out of a European competition before we make an appointment. 

There are 65 candidates apparently. I rather have them take their time to find the one with the right profile to bring us what we need. We are looking for an attacking minded coach. Ariel Jacobs has been a manager himself for many years so my hopes are on him to select the best one. Tomorrow it is up to the players to show what they can do without Brys at the wheel. Tactical wise the caretaker manager won't change too much he said... let's hope he does a bit though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

There are 65 candidates apparently. I rather have them take their time to find the one with the right profile to bring us what we need. We are looking for an attacking minded coach. Ariel Jacobs has been a manager himself for many years so my hopes are on him to select the best one. Tomorrow it is up to the players to show what they can do without Brys at the wheel. Tactical wise the caretaker manager won't change too much he said... let's hope he does a bit though.

...65 candidates, I do not know if this is good or bad!!!

Just what the calibre of people applying for the post have previously achieved. I really hope we make the right call and back this manager. I wonder if someone in the Manchester City camp is looking for an opportunity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryy said:

Very good 4-0 win 👏🏻 was the performance as good as the result?

You could clearly see that Brys his spell on the team has worn off. They played liberated and with joy. The whole team played well. Defensively we never had so little to do this season as in today's match. The tactic wasn't too different from Brys his, except that we played with a 2nd striker. Some players (Maziz, Mendyl,...) showed their technical skills as well. Schrijvers even mentioned on the radio that the tactical changes from the caretaker manager made the difference... if he speaks for the whole group... than that is a huge middle finger for Brys. Which says enough. I hope our next coach is not a cold hearted stubborn white wizard.

• Like 3

I had to watch this game intermittently, as I was busy with family business!!!

I missed the first two goals, managed to watch about another 10 minutes up to minute 39, then had to do something else and when I got back to the game it was minute 86 and I had missed the other 2 goals.

I was looking forward to this to see how you would approach the game. I can see Eddy Vanhemel is your U21 coach, but the players seemed to have reacted well to his ideas.

I cannot comment on the game, as I saw very little of it, but St.Truidense was coming off a couple of previous bad defeats and they are going through the wringer at the moment. 

Results and standings after week 11

USG 4-1 Eupen
Kortrijk 1-0 Club Brugge
RWD Molenbeek 1-1 Westerlo
Charleroi 3-2 Antwerp
Genk 4-0 KV Mechelen
Cercle Brugge 2-0 Gent
Standard Liège 3-2 Anderlecht
OH Leuven 4-0 St. Truidense

image.thumb.png.0f8fa23fcaa50ecff7e44121aba99629.png

Friday October 27th

St. Truidense - RWD Molenbeek