Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 23/24

4 hours ago, tylesta said:

Stadium looks empty

Which is to be expected against a team from 5th division and a midweek game. First home game I missed out on myself too this season. Anyway I hope it gives some confidence for saturday's game. We need a win against Westerlo badly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phugalu said:

Which is to be expected against a team from 5th division and a midweek game. First home game I missed out on myself too this season. Anyway I hope it gives some confidence for saturday's game. We need a win against Westerlo badly.

...even though it has been a inconsistent season and without a manager at present you are still 1 point away from 10th and 4 points away from 8th!!!

It really just need the right man in charge to take you to end of season play off.

The potential has always been there for the last 2 seasons but the team played in too open a style of play without having the control in midfield to dictate and control games.

This season could turn out to be better than anyone dare to dream and that you would have had before. 

...In all of Garcia's 9 teams that he has managed, his draws and losses are very much the same!!!

Even with the 2 biggest win percentages ( Red Bull Salzburg and Maccabi Tel Aviv), there is still a 1 or 2-game difference. I would suggest it means when he is good, he is very good,  or when he is average, he is mediocre.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...In all of Garcia's 9 teams that he has managed, his draws and losses are very much the same!!!

Even with the 2 biggest win percentages ( Red Bull Salzburg and Maccabi Tel Aviv), there is still a 1 or 2-game difference. I would suggest it means when he is good, he is very good,  or when he is average, he is mediocre.

Any idea what style of football he likes to play?

Personally, I'm mildly positive with this appointment, but I would also sign a new assistent-manager who knows the Belgian League.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Any idea what style of football he likes to play?

Personally, I'm mildly positive with this appointment, but I would also sign a new assistent-manager who knows the Belgian League.

All I remember of him was they did the double over us the year we absolutely pissed the Championship in 2013/14. Beat us 3-1 away and then the game after we'd sealed promotion they beat us 4-1 at home as most of the players were still pissed up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

but I would also sign a new assistent-manager who knows the Belgian League.

Garcia's last assistant manager was Will Still, so that probably means if he gets sacked you'll have the next manager wunderkind waiting in the wings lol

44 minutes ago, lfu said:

Garcia's last assistant manager was Will Still, so that probably means if he gets sacked you'll have the next manager wunderkind waiting in the wings lol

No joke, I would appointed Edward Still (Will's brother) as our new assistent-manager.

Like his brother, Edward Still started as a video-analyst at Sint-Truiden. He then was a assistent-manager at Club Brugge and Antwerp under Ivan Leko, winning the league in 2018 (Club Brugge) and the Belgian Cup in 2020 Antwerp.

He and Leko left Antwerp for Shangai Port, but Still returned to Belgium in the summer 2021 to become the new manager for Charleroi. In his first year as a manager he finished 6th. The 2022/2023 season didn't start well for Charleroi and Still was sacked on October 22nd.

1 month later (November 24th 2022) he became the new manager for KAS Eupen. He avoided relegation by finishing 15th with 28 point, only 1 point more than both Oostende and Zulte Waregem, who dropped down to the 2nd division. After the season he left the club.

He started this season as the new manager of KV Kortrijk but was sacked after only 8 games.

Edward Still has a promising future ahead of him in my opinion, but it seems better if he returns to being an assistent-manager for now.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/edward-still/profil/trainer/54039

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 4

2023-11-02a.png.0194f6ed192ae7f54b6f7d9475753616.png

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

Quite optimistics about Garcia really, no perfect record but what coach has that, and all in all quite a good history. Also the type of manager who isn't afraid to give youth a chance, something which is very valuable in Leuven.

...my biggest worry is his history so far in management!!!

He is good where he should be as his team dominates the league (Salzburg and Macabi) where they are big dogs, hard to mess up. His figures in respect of the other clubs are a nightmare, it is a big worry.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

2023-11-02a.png.0194f6ed192ae7f54b6f7d9475753616.png

...my biggest worry is his history so far in management!!!

He is good where he should be as his team dominates the league (Salzburg and Macabi) where they are big dogs, hard to mess up. His figures in respect of the other clubs are a nightmare, it is a big worry.

There is more to it than meets the eye apparently . He quit Tel Aviv cause he didn't feel safe in Israel. He quit Watford for personal reasons because his daughter had a brain tumor and wanted to be with his family. At Reims he quit because his daughter passed away. So I would get it if he couldn't give a 100% back then. Let's hope he does know. Does anyone know his playstyle?

• Like 2