Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 23/24

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we need a whole new defence if we go up. None of them suit Enzoball in the Prem. 

Coady and Souttar have already been questioned on their ability on the ball, Vestergaard lacks pace so badly. James Justin cannot pass reliably enough either, it leaves Faes and Ricardo. The latter who's injury issues playing a conventional full back role render that obsolete now, so whether he can do the inverted full back role well enough in the Prem will be the question.

Faes in my opinion is a squad player in the Prem.

Maybe the above is all 2nd season Prem problems as opposed to fixing it all straight the way, but we'd definitely need a lot of additions to stay up.

I doubt Vestergaard will sign a new contract, 31 so last chance to sign on a free with a big sign-on bonus and wages, a chance to leave on a high if we win the league. 

Souttar is done here long term, he is currently behind  Vestergaard, Faes, Coady and Doyle as 5th choice which tells us everything. 

I think Coady stays as a squad player unless he wants to play regular football, same with JJ I think he is a good backup as one of the wide CBs and can play right or left and out of the current back line only one who has genuine pace. 

Faes is an interesting one, he has the attributes to be a good CB, but lacks focus and concentration and is comes to his prime age, so I think we need to keep and develop him.

I think of our team under Enzo as a back 5 and a front 5.

The back 5 I think if we go up is going to be: 

Winks (CM)  Ricardo (INV FB)

NEW LCB,  NEW CB, Faes (RCB) 

I don't think we will have the money to replace Ricardo and he will have had a season of experience playing the role, that's a part of 2nd season back replacement project for me.

So a new LCB, which could be Doyle as Enzo likes him, I'm not convinced about him defensively but is good on the ball, and a new ball-playing CB with more pace. 

For me front 5 wise we need a new 8, CF and if I'm greedy a top draw wide man as I'm not fully convinced by Mavididi, Fatawu, Yunas or Macteer at the PL level. 

Keeping in mind sources say we have obligation to buy Fatawu 17m Euro and Akgun 10m Euro if we go back up, that £23m of our summer budget already committed. 

So that's a shopping list of LCB, CB, 8, CF and R/LW is going to be a good chunk of money. 

• Like 4

Yesterdays Games - Wednesday 2nd November

Croky Cup Round of 32:

Nathan Opoku (1 assist - 22 mins) OH Leuven 5-0 - Eendracht Elene-Grotenberge

Copa del Rey 1st Round:

Boubakary Soumare (not in squad) - Sevilla 3-0 CD Quintanar

• Like 2

On 01/11/2023 at 06:48, coolhandfox said:

I doubt Vestergaard will sign a new contract, 31 so last chance to sign on a free with a big sign-on bonus and wages, a chance to leave on a high if we win the league. 

Souttar is done here long term, he is currently behind  Vestergaard, Faes, Coady and Doyle as 5th choice which tells us everything. 

I think Coady stays as a squad player unless he wants to play regular football, same with JJ I think he is a good backup as one of the wide CBs and can play right or left and out of the current back line only one who has genuine pace. 

Faes is an interesting one, he has the attributes to be a good CB, but lacks focus and concentration and is comes to his prime age, so I think we need to keep and develop him.

I think of our team under Enzo as a back 5 and a front 5.

The back 5 I think if we go up is going to be: 

Winks (CM)  Ricardo (INV FB)

NEW LCB,  NEW CB, Faes (RCB) 

I don't think we will have the money to replace Ricardo and he will have had a season of experience playing the role, that's a part of 2nd season back replacement project for me.

So a new LCB, which could be Doyle as Enzo likes him, I'm not convinced about him defensively but is good on the ball, and a new ball-playing CB with more pace. 

For me front 5 wise we need a new 8, CF and if I'm greedy a top draw wide man as I'm not fully convinced by Mavididi, Fatawu, Yunas or Macteer at the PL level. 

Keeping in mind sources say we have obligation to buy Fatawu 17m Euro and Akgun 10m Euro if we go back up, that £23m of our summer budget already committed. 

So that's a shopping list of LCB, CB, 8, CF and R/LW is going to be a good chunk of money. 

it was a good post up until the point you didn’t acknowledge that Fatawu is the heir to Riyads throne. 

Todays 3PM Games - Saturday 4th November

Premier League:

Luke Thomas - starting for Sheff Utd vs Wolves

Northern Premier League Premier Division:

Jack Lewis - on the bench for Basford United vs Bradford Park Avenue

There are also potentially appearances later on today for:

Belgian Pro League:

Nathan Opoku - Leuven vs Westerlo (5:15 KO)

La Liga:

Boubakary Soumare - Sevilla vs Celta Vigo (5:30 KO)

FA Cup 1st Round:

Lewis Brunt - Mansfield Town vs Wrexham (7:45 KO)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Todays Results - Saturday 4th November

Premier League:

Luke Thomas (6.7 - 90 mins) - Sheff Utd 2-1 Wolves

Northern Premier League Premier Division:

Jack Lewis (16 mins) - Basford United 2-0 Bradford Park Avenue

Belgian Pro League:

Nathan Opoku (6.1 - 18 mins) - OH Leuven 0-2 Westerlo

La Liga:

Boubakary Soumare (7.0 + yellow card - 90 mins) - Sevilla 1-1 Celta Vigo

FA Cup 1st Round:

Lewis Brunt (6.6 - 90 mins) - Mansfield Town 1-2 Wrexham

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Todays Results - Sunday 12th November

Premier League:

Luke Thomas (6.5 - 90 mins) - Sheff Utd 1-1 Brighton

Eredivisie:

Zach Booth (5.7 - 26 mins) - FC Volendam 1-4 Sparta Rotterdam

Serie A:

Victor Kristiansen (5.8 + 1 penalty conceded - 76 mins) - Bologna 1-2 Fiorentina

Belgian Pro League:

Nathan Opoku (6.3 + yellow card - 81 mins) - Leuven 1-3 Genk

La Liga:

Boubakary Soumare (7.2 - 90 mins) - Sevilla 1-1 Real Betis

• Like 4

Todays Results - Saturday 18th November

League Two:

Lewis Brunt (7.6 + clean sheet - 90 mins) - Mansfield Town 2-0 Newport County

Northern Premier League Premier Division:

Jack Lewis (45 mins) - Basford United 0-3 Workington

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1