Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 23/24

Todays Results - Sunday 26th November

Eredivisie:

Zach Booth (6.1 - 23 mins) - FC Volendam 0-3 AZ Alkmaar

Belgian Pro League:

Nathan Opoku (6.3 - 57 mins) - OH Leuven 0-1 Club Brugge

La Liga:

Boubakary Soumare (5.9 - 45 mins) - Sevilla 1-2 Real Sociedad

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's some of the glowing reviews of Luke Thomas' performance from the Sheffield United forum:

Luke Thomas….enough is enough. Just go please, and don’t come back.

ABSOLUTE ****ING MAGGOT OF A FOOTBALLER

He is ****ing shite. I’d rather see Osborn on, and that’s proper desperation.

Plays like an 11 yearold.

Its so so desperate that this kid plays week in week out- he literally looks like a league 1 left back. Simply awful.

I’d have given a 10 year old a bollocking for marking like that for the 2nd goal. Absolute amateur

Even when the whole team is playing shit he manages to stand out as the worst player on the pitch, absolutely dreadful player I can't understand how he keeps starting. Consistently a massive liability at the back and loses the ball constantly going forward.

Cant pass, cant tackle, has the engine of a 50 year old chainsmoker, no idea about positioning, how did he become a pro footballer? Baffled.

Right up there in the worst players ever to grace the shirt. or not grace in this case

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Todays Results - Saturday 2nd December

Premier League:

Luke Thomas (6.2 + yellow card - 45 mins) - Sheff Utd 0-5 Burnley

FA Cup 2nd Round:

Paul Appiah (90 mins) - Maidstone United 2-1 Barrow

Northern Premier League Premier Division:

Jack Lewis (90 mins) - Basford United 1-1 Whitby

Eredivisie:

Zach Booth (6.5 - 57 mins) - FC Volendam 0-5 PEC Zwolle

Belgian Pro League:

Nathan Opoku (6.1 - 62 mins) - OH Leuven 0-1 Antwerp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thomas has never been a good footballer. It’s an absolute myth.

One or two bright moments during lockdown when we were desperate and as always got flung into the England set up because someone saw us playing a young left back and assumed we’d made another Chilwell lol 

Also horribly mismanaged. Jumped from U18 to first team, no loans, no experience. 

All it would have taken was a league 1/championship loan and we’d of released him 6 months later. 

Instead he’s on a disgusting contract and blagged a premier league loan lol 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, AjcW said:

One or two bright moments during lockdown when we were desperate and as always got flung into the England set up because someone saw us playing a young left back and assumed we’d made another Chilwell lol 

Also horribly mismanaged. Jumped from U18 to first team, no loans, no experience. 

All it would have taken was a league 1/championship loan and we’d of released him 6 months later. 

he has decent technical ability and tried hard. 

But overall he never looked to have the physical attributes needed to play at the top level. 

Hope he has a good career but sort of agree that top end of league 1 feels like where he will end up. 

when you compare him to manning, giles or davies, as a small sample of very good fbs in the championship in recent times… you can see he’s nowhere near that level. And the other more crappy fbs in this league are at least brutes. So if he won’t fit in with the top sides and isn’t physical enough for a rotherham  or a millwall then that only leaves dropping another level imo 

it tells a story in itself that i’ve not seen a single poster complain we let him go when doyle got injured… not a sausage about him and he’s playing in the prem 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Let's not forget that Thomas played in a team that won our first FA Cup. He has been poorly mismanaged at the club and regressed as a footballer as a result. Unfortunately, I can't see his future at the club - shame for a local lad with such high potential when he first made his debut

Edited by scinnell
  • Like 4

On 02/12/2023 at 19:06, Patrick said:

Here's some of the glowing reviews of Luke Thomas' performance from the Sheffield United forum:

Its so so desperate that this kid plays week in week out- he literally looks like a league 1 left back. Simply awful.

I’d have given a 10 year old a bollocking for marking like that for the 2nd goal. Absolute amateur

Even when the whole team is playing shit he manages to stand out as the worst player on the pitch, absolutely dreadful player I can't understand how he keeps starting. Consistently a massive liability at the back and loses the ball constantly going forward.

Cant pass, cant tackle, has the engine of a 50 year old chainsmoker, no idea about positioning, how did he become a pro footballer? Baffled.

Right up there in the worst players ever to grace the shirt. or not grace in this case

I think this is a very fair assessment of Luke.

He is an atrocious footballer at PL level and never should’ve been given the contract he was. He may forge a career at a bottom half Champ club/L1 club, but we need guys with his attitude out of our club. 

Can anyone sticking up for him suggest anything he’s good at? He’s not good at heading, he’s slow, incredibly weak, doesn’t cross well, and is incredibly lazy (see posts from Blades fans and numerous instances over past 3 YEARS, the Almiron goal at KP last season springs to mind). 

What he’s got away with on here is criminal. He’s from Syston and kicks a football with his left foot. Please can those who use the term “local lad” stop with the sentimentality. Luke Thomas is a horrific footballer whether he’s from Syston or Sierra Leone, and hopefully we get rid at the end of the season.

Adios Luke 🤞

• Like 3

Was always going to be the risk loaning him to Sheff Utd, he's going to be in the spotlight, losing most weeks and probably not quite ready for that level. Put it all together and it's either going to make or break him. With hindsight maybe a loan to a team pushing the Championship play offs might have served him better, but time will tell.

He tries hard, he just doesn't seem good enough for us, so what. Doesn't look like he's going to be starting for us anytime soon. Wish him well and hope he comes good. 

Does seem a bit mad the hate he's getting on here. Man was in the team that won the FA Cup.

Let it go.

*Luke Thomas 

Edited by Uncle Monty
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2023 at 19:06, Patrick said:

And people still rate him as the future for us. The reality is he is not a premier league footballer and we should not really risk trying to make him one should we go up, he needs to go to a championship team pushing top 6 and solidify himself and hopefully get promotion and get a few years of stability behind him to grow as a player, I'd love for him to make it at a top flight player in future but from what I've seen it won't be happening any time soon if at all. 
The reviews are worded very harshly but the points are somewhat accurate. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2

On 03/12/2023 at 03:06, Patrick said:

What are they saying about McAtee??