Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Sporting Blue

According to the Sporting Blue on saturday we have been linked with the top scorer in Sweden? When has that been said? Has anyone else heard this? Apparently it was in the sunday papers a few weeks ago?

I think that lad in question is some Icelandic player who is highly coveted, I doubt that will happen but it would be nice.

According to the Sporting Blue on saturday we have been linked with the top scorer in Sweden? When has that been said? Has anyone else heard this? Apparently it was in the sunday papers a few weeks ago?

I think that lad in question is some Icelandic player who is highly coveted, I doubt that will happen but it would be nice.

Gunnar Heidar Thorvaldsson? Plays for Halmstad. wacked in about 16 goals this season.

Probabley who your talking about, he wont come cheap but possible within our price range.

Gunnar Heidar Thorvaldsson? Plays for Halmstad. wacked in about 16 goals this season.

Probabley who your talking about, he wont come cheap but possible within our price range.

Sounds good, lets hope we get the lad then!!! Knowing our luck some bigger club will come in and take him from us!!! :cry:

Premiership duo Birmingham and Everton are monitoring Swedish club Halmstads' Icelandic striker Gunnar Heidar Thorvaldsson, BBC Sport understands.

Thorvaldsson, 23, is the Swedish league's top scorer, netting 16 goals in 16 games, despite playing for a team in the bottom half of the table.

Halmstads knocked Sporting Lisbon out of the Uefa Cup to qualify for the competition's group stages.

Thorvaldsson scored in both legs of the Uefa Cup success over Sporting.

And a host of scouts are expected to travel to Sweden on Thursday to watch Thorvaldsson play for Halmstads against Hertha Berlin for their opening Uefa Cup Group C game.

Bundesliga club Hamburg have also been watching Thorvaldsson, while two Championship clubs saw him play for Iceland in their World Cup qualifying defeat to Sweden last week.

Thorvaldsson, who speaks English, has played five times for the Icelandic national team and has scored one goal.

Skilful and extremely quick, Thorvaldsson has frequently been deployed by Halmstads as a lone striker.

Premiership duo Birmingham and Everton are monitoring Swedish club Halmstads' Icelandic striker Gunnar Heidar Thorvaldsson, BBC Sport understands.

Thorvaldsson, 23, is the Swedish league's top scorer, netting 16 goals in 16 games, despite playing for a team in the bottom half of the table.

Halmstads knocked Sporting Lisbon out of the Uefa Cup to qualify for the competition's group stages.

And a host of scouts are expected to travel to Sweden on Thursday to watch Thorvaldsson play for Halmstads against Hertha Berlin for their opening Uefa Cup Group C game.

Bundesliga club Hamburg have also been watching Thorvaldsson, while two Championship clubs saw him play for Iceland in their World Cup qualifying defeat to Sweden last week.

Thorvaldsson, who speaks English, has played five times for the Icelandic national team and has scored one goal.

Skilful and extremely quick, Thorvaldsson has frequently been deployed by Halmstads as a lone striker.

Forget that one then.

Southampton are the latest team to show an interest in Swedish club Halmstads' Icelandic striker Gunnar Heidar Thorvaldsson, BBC Sport understands.

Thorvaldsson, 23, is the Swedish league's top scorer, netting 16 goals in 16 games.

Southampton scout Terry Cooper was spotted in France on Thursday watching Thorvaldsson play for Halmstads against Lens in their Uefa Cup group C game.

Everton and Birmingham have also been monitoring Thorvaldsson's progress.

And Scottish clubs Hearts, Celtic and Rangers are reportedly interested in the Icelandic striker as well.

Bundesliga club Hamburg and Werder Bremen have also been watching Thorvaldsson.

The striker, who speaks English, has played five times for the Icelandic national team and has scored one goal.

Southampton are the latest team to show an interest in Swedish club Halmstads' Icelandic striker Gunnar Heidar Thorvaldsson, BBC Sport understands.

Thorvaldsson, 23, is the Swedish league's top scorer, netting 16 goals in 16 games.

Southampton scout Terry Cooper was spotted in France on Thursday watching Thorvaldsson play for Halmstads against Lens in their Uefa Cup group C game.

Everton and Birmingham have also been monitoring Thorvaldsson's progress.

And Scottish clubs Hearts, Celtic and Rangers are reportedly interested in the Icelandic striker as well.

Bundesliga club Hamburg and Werder Bremen have also been watching Thorvaldsson.

The striker, who speaks English, has played five times for the Icelandic national team and has scored one goal.

:D:D:D:D But never fear the mightly Leicester City will outbid the lot of them :ermm:

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Thrac, however I made the Estimate that he would not come cheap on December 5th.

quite possibley a good three weeks before you had ever heard of him.

Who's doubting it?. I was merely responding to Ric Flair's enquiry. Are you always so unnecessariily aggressive.

By the way, did you discover this first hand or did you lift it from BBC Sport or some other?

Such websites as these exist on the back of plagiarism. If I took someone up on every occasion they referred to information which I have gleaned - first hand or otherwise/ dated or otherwise - I'd have a sad life.

If you want a credit, no problem. Manwell Pablo said Thorvaldsson would not come cheap on December 5.

Happy Christmas!

Archived