Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Improving forum behaviour

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Hear me out, this is a genius and foolproof way to improve everyone’s behaviour on here.

Warning points - we should be allowed to transfer our accumulated warning points to a nominated third party forum member.

No one knows how or why the banning system through points works or what the warning points mean, so they’d live in fear of lots of people transferring their points to them. Everyone would suddenly, like as if by magic, be much nicer to each other so they don’t get given points. Also, instead of writing nasty things which would earn them points, they would get satisfaction by passing current points or bans to other people.

In addition, because nobody would understand what the fvck is going on, this section would be full of “WTF is going on and why am I banned” threads - which in turn would make even more people laugh, raising the overall happiness of FT.

I may not have thought this through fully - or even at all - but it strikes me this is one of the best ideas ever come up with.

Also, bring back the dislike button. That was a crazy beautiful 24hrs on the forum.

I always respond well to 'genius' that requires me to hear it out... :) 

43 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I always respond well to 'genius' that requires me to hear it out... :) 

And yet you’d be surprised at the volume of people who don’t give my wealth of ideas the time of day.

• Haha 1

On 19/07/2023 at 11:32, Daggers said:

Hear me out, this is a genius and foolproof way to improve everyone’s behaviour on here.

Warning points - we should be allowed to transfer our accumulated warning points to a nominated third party forum member.

No one knows how or why the banning system through points works or what the warning points mean, so they’d live in fear of lots of people transferring their points to them. Everyone would suddenly, like as if by magic, be much nicer to each other so they don’t get given points. Also, instead of writing nasty things which would earn them points, they would get satisfaction by passing current points or bans to other people.

In addition, because nobody would understand what the fvck is going on, this section would be full of “WTF is going on and why am I banned” threads - which in turn would make even more people laugh, raising the overall happiness of FT.

I may not have thought this through fully - or even at all - but it strikes me this is one of the best ideas ever come up with.

Also, bring back the dislike button. That was a crazy beautiful 24hrs on the forum.

Amongst my very favourite things about this and other forums.

I'm all for it, and I've given my response possibly even less thought than you did about your actual suggestion, so we're definitely on very solid ground with this

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Amongst my very favourite things about this and other forums.

I'm all for it, and I've given my response possibly even less thought than you did about your actual suggestion, so we're definitely on very solid ground with this

Or we could earn ‘good points’, and treat them like Green Shield Stamps and trade them in for things like virtual reality goggles and jetpacks.

The begging for "good points" may surpass the "help my kid go to ....." posts.... therefore, its a no from me.

Lets just lower the forum standards instead lol

Edited by ozleicester