Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Was not about expectations for the individual (more about the club and it’s way of operating), but now he is staying really hope he can become the main man with regard to assists and some goals too

You criticise Kelechi at your peril. There is always a reason why its not working out, and always a stat to pull out of the hat to show that as long as you gave him time he would be very successful. 

I don't think people truly appreciate the financial risk the club have taken keeping him. He now has to deliver, but my biggest concern is there really isn't the incentive to. 

Really hope it clicks into place and he nails it.

• Like 4

Well hopefully Kel has learned from Tielemans that if you play like shit you don't get the move you want. If he plays a big part in getting us promoted but has set his sights higher than us, then he'll need to prove he's worth it. Not only because generally having a middling season isn't going to attract him any suitors, having a middling season in the championship would be disastrous if he harbours any ambition of playing at a higher level again.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Well hopefully Kel has learned from Tielemans that if you play like shit you don't get the move you want. If he plays a big part in getting us promoted but has set his sights higher than us, then he'll need to prove he's worth it. Not only because generally having a middling season isn't going to attract him any suitors, having a middling season in the championship would be disastrous if he harbours any ambition of playing at a higher level again.

Well said

47 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't think people truly appreciate the financial risk the club have taken keeping him.

£10-15million risk in terms of right now. Obviously we will be paying 6-12 months wages too. 

We would have had to replace him, and so a fair chunk of that fee would have gone on his replacement who would have need to been better or on the same level. 

The biggest financial risk to the club is not gaining promotion. £10-15million is dwarfed by the rewards of promotion. 

Now, before I get accused of - Nacho = Promotion. Absolutely not, but he is capable of contributing to our promotion with his goal scoring assist/ability.

The only real difference between me and you, is that you don't think he will score/assist enough goals to help us get promoted. I do. 

However, I will absolutely accept I was wrong if he doesn't and the club will have to as well and take that £10-15million hit of him walking away if we don't go up. 

It is a risk worth taking IMO. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

£10-15million risk in terms of right now. Obviously we will be paying 6-12 months wages too. 

We would have had to replace him, and so a fair chunk of that fee would have gone on his replacement who would have need to been better or on the same level. 

The biggest financial risk to the club is not gaining promotion. £10-15million is dwarfed by the rewards of promotion. 

Now, before I get accused of - Nacho = Promotion. Absolutely not, but he is capable of contributing to our promotion with his goal scoring assist/ability.

The only real difference between me and you, is that you don't think he will score/assist enough goals to help us get promoted. I do. 

However, I will absolutely accept I was wrong if he doesn't and the club will have to as well and take that £10-15million hit of him walking away if we don't go up. 

Not quite so simple, as his replacements cost would have been amortised over his contract, so selling Kel for 10-15 and replacing him for 15 over 5 years represents a cost of 3m this year and likely reduced wages.

Its all irrelevant though, he is here and that’s not a bad thing, but I do expect more from him that we have seen thus far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was not about expectations for the individual (more about the club and it’s way of operating), but now he is staying really hope he can become the main man with regard to assists and some goals too

His overall game is really good, he definitely allows midfielders to score more. I hope he can add some goals too 👍

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not quite so simple, as his replacements cost would have been amortised over his contract, so selling Kel for 10-15 and replacing him for 15 over 5 years represents a cost of 3m this year and likely reduced wages.

Its all irrelevant though, he is here and that’s not a bad thing, but I do expect more from him that we have seen thus far.

That's true, although there were certainly a lack of available strikers who would join us in the Championship for £10-15m at the same level as Nacho - or the level I perceive him at anyway. I also think he will likely sign a new contract either now or in the summer, so that would put a different spin on all of this if happens.

35 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Dahnsouff covered it well, but we are losing potential resale value and the ability to amortise a fee.

Anyway, its irrelevant. Either through sound risk management or outright negligence, Kels is here until at least the next window, but very likely will see out his contract. The risk has been taken, and anything other than exceptional delivery from him should be seen as failure. 

11 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Dahnsouff covered it well, but we are losing potential resale value and the ability to amortise a fee.

Anyway, its irrelevant. Either through sound risk management or outright negligence, Kels is here until at least the next window, but very likely will see out his contract. The risk has been taken, and anything other than exceptional delivery from him should be seen as failure. 

If we get promoted back to the Premier League, which we are rightly favoured to do, then he will stay in all likelihood. 

We will have much worse financial issues to deal with by not getting promoted, so this risk is acceptable taking into account lack of alternative strikers available at his level and willing to come to the Championship. He must now deliver though! :fc:

• Like 3