Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It's not revisionism, my opinion on Nacho over the years has been an utter rollercoaster i'm more than happy to admit that. But if someone is waving £15m at us for him, with a potential loan back of one of their starlets who we are after, i'll snap their hand off. 

I'm a bit sick of waiting for this potential to be honest lol 

He's had 4 games against majority lower standard in this league and the closest he's come is hitting the post. 

I've said in a few other threads Burnley got promoted with 50 goals from their wingers, we will be much the same which is why i'm not massively worried about who our central striker is this year. 

We’ve won all 4 games.

21 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I don't see a world where Maresca sanctions two strikers leaving the club this late in the day unless he knows we have something sure fire lined up. 

It will have nothing to do with enzo if 15m comes in for nacho and he’s not going to sign a new contract he will be sold same with daka how many goals they both scored this season again oh yeh 1 between them! Get the pair gone asap 

28 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think Fan pressure could play a part if this window ends badly . The Fans of the Club may not readily accept a second shafting in a short space of time.

Agree. Get the Foxes Trust on the case. They'll tell the club where to go we are. 

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think Fan pressure could play a part if this window ends badly . The Fans of the Club may not readily accept a second shafting in a short space of time.

Any how, lets see how this pans out over the next 36 hours.  As someone already pointed out, the 15-20m fee against not going up this season is an interesting financial equation.  This on top of what we have lost since last May.

What fan pressure. Half the fan base will still say 'well we had a good 10 years what more do you expect' and tell us how ungrateful we are. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We've offered him massively improved terms on a new contract. 

Interesting. I can only presume its improved over the championship wages he was reduced to.  Presumably the reality is that this will still get nowhere near other PL contracts on the table.

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It's not revisionism, my opinion on Nacho over the years has been an utter rollercoaster i'm more than happy to admit that. But if someone is waving £15m at us for him, with a potential loan back of one of their starlets who we are after, i'll snap their hand off. 

I'm a bit sick of waiting for this potential to be honest lol 

He's had 4 games against majority lower standard in this league and the closest he's come is hitting the post. 

I've said in a few other threads Burnley got promoted with 50 goals from their wingers, we will be much the same which is why i'm not massively worried about who our central striker is this year. 

But we need that central striker, and if Kel leaves now we have less than 36 hours to get the replacement in through the door.

Goals from your wingers, in this system, require someone playing centrally in a deep lying No.9. 

While Kel has had a very up and down career with us, he's decent at coming deep, far better than most give him credit for on here, and bringing others in to play. Who are we bringing in before the window closes to do that job? That's the worry. Without the pull of the premier league and with our apparent lack of urgency in recent years I think I'd rather keep and stick devil we know better 

• Like 2

If he goes, I think we will just look to Vardy and Daka until January.

We play a 1 upfront system, I suspect Enzo/club would see that 2 of either Vardy & Nacho or Vardy & Daka would be enough. 

I wouldn't even be surprised to see us use a false 9 

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Surely it's inconceivable that we've spent the whole of this transfer season without a contingency plan, if or when Iheanacho, Daka or Vardy would be let go. It's probably conceivable.

Considering we sacked a manager after the international break, with no replacement lined up hoping a goalkeeper coach and assistant could keep us up … it’s unfortunately highly conceivable 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We've offered him massively improved terms on a new contract. 

That's staggering if so. He'll already be on best part of £50kna week here after his reduction due to relegation. We've absolutely no business paying players more than that at this level, it will bury us. 

By all means pay a big bonus for promotion and a wage increase if we achieve it but we have to learn from our mistakes.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Any indication of whether he’s inclined to sign it?

Loves the club, but knows he's better than Championship. 

Hope he doesn't leave and sticks it out with us for this season at least. 

If he does sign a new contract at least if he does actually want to leave we'll get a bigger fee next summer... 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I swear if this is all just agent talk for more money 

Been happening for years like this though. That's the agents' game! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, The_77 said:

We’ve won all 4 games.

That's exactly my point, he and A N Other striker aren't integral to our plan this season, we've scored with him on the pitch, we've scored without him on the pitch. It's all about goals from the wings and attacking midfield.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's played 2.4 90s in the league and has contributed an assist in that time. 

He and the team between them have conjured up a massive 0.4 cumulative xG for him so far, that's all of 0.17 per game. 

Tell me how many goals you'd have liked him to have scored with that. 

We're not really creating a great deal for your strikers right now are we let's be honest. He's not done a great deal wrong. 

Oh and he's got a goal and an assist in 75 minutes of cup football. 

Similar to what i've put above really mate, I'm not expecting him to have scored a tonne, as I don't think he is an important part of what we are doing this year. The 9 is a body to hold things up and link play, and i'm confident whether it's him, Jamie or someone else, that we'll get the job done this year, which is why i'm not overly attached to him. Especially not for that amount of cash in his final year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was about 90k a week in the prem so I'm not sure how we can afford this.

Wonder if it's big bonuses this year, big prem bonus  and a deal to sell if we don't go up? 

Assume with the big earners we've got rid of and going to we have some money floating around?