Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's staggering if so. He'll already be on best part of £50kna week here after his reduction due to relegation. We've absolutely no business paying players more than that at this level, it will bury us. 

By all means pay a big bonus for promotion and a wage increase if we achieve it but we have to learn from our mistakes.

IF it’s true, it surely suggests that the club does not have a replacement lined up and is desperate to avoid losing him. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think Fan pressure could play a part if this window ends badly . The Fans of the Club may not readily accept a second shafting in a short space of time.

Any how, lets see how this pans out over the next 36 hours.  As someone already pointed out, the 15-20m fee against not going up this season is an interesting financial equation.  This on top of what we have lost since last May.

Haha don't make me laugh. Apart from a couple of very small pockets, our fans clapped them off when we got relegated.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He's someone with a year left on his contract, who the manager doesn't REALLY fancy, who hasn't scored in our first 4 games (not saying he hasn't had influence.)

If Palace are offering 15-20m plus JRS on loan then ****ing go for it! 

As much as I agree we've done some pretty dense business, there's absolutely no way we haven't started making enquiries about other strikers, we need 3 next year no matter what division we are in!

he’s scored in the league cup..

Nacho is finally our main striker - if he takes a longer term view a season in the Championship learning Enzos system and scoring goals is no bad thing.

Bants when we go up, sign a striker for £40m and send him back to the bench post signing his long-term deal…

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Might not be. Their manager left because of lacks of signings, they can't make many because of FFP, most of the money coming in will probably be used to balance the books and doubtful they'll want to spend all of what they have on one player.

All of this seems very familiar........ :huh:

I understand that, but they could get Kel for £20m and still bank £33m

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

He’s the perfect false 9 for the system we play. 

I would argue he isn’t perfect, he is pretty good at it , however could do with some more pressing. I’m sure I read somewhere that this was the case. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bert said:

He’s the perfect false 9 for the system we play. 

Opinions- I think he has been bang average in the games he has started- he doesn't press anywhere near enough and his touch at times has been absolutely honking- I thought he would be unreal at this level and was 1 of the names I was desperate to keep to make a difference with going back up but like always with nacho im just not sure- he has moments of brilliance don't get me wrong but its not consistent enough- never has been - I still think he would score plenty if we actually got some decent service to him because lets be honest in the final 3rd so far we have been pony with a massive lack of quality- I trust in Enzo- if he thinks he can get someone better to do what he wants in that position and we get good money with 1yr left for nacho ill be ok with waving him goodbye and good luck

• Like 1

An Ings type in as a replacement would be the ideal situation, but it's hard to think we could improve on Nacho at this level in this system at this stage of the window.

I think ideally we'd sell Daka and Nacho and get in one ready made starter + one for the future with the money. But all this would have been much easier at the start of the window.

40 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Haha don't make me laugh. Apart from a couple of very small pockets, our fans clapped them off when we got relegated.

Let’s wait and see…..

7 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

An Ings type in as a replacement would be the ideal situation, but it's hard to think we could improve on Nacho at this level in this system at this stage of the window.

I think ideally we'd sell Daka and Nacho and get in one ready made starter + one for the future with the money. But all this would have been much easier at the start of the window.

Hopefully not Ings though, already got a new signing in the medical room, Ings would live there 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

£20m is **** all for a striker.

...he comes with caveats!!!

We have all seen his inconsistencies, With a year left on his contract, it would be viewed as a bit of a punt by teams at the lower end of the Premier League. If we have someone in the wings that we could definitely bring in drop the fee to £18m and do the deal. If he is not deemed suitable now, he is not going to be any better further down the line. I believe Nacho sees himself as a #10 and does not see his game running and closing down opponents all the time.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

If he goes, I think we will just look to Vardy and Daka until January.

We play a 1 upfront system, I suspect Enzo/club would see that 2 of either Vardy & Nacho or Vardy & Daka would be enough. 

I wouldn't even be surprised to see us use a false 9 

I'm not saying I'm for this, as I would very much prefer us to keep Iheanacho, but Casadei as a false 9 with Ndidi sweeping up behind in a forward press could definitely work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

I think Fan pressure could play a part if this window ends badly . The Fans of the Club may not readily accept a second shafting in a short space of time.

Any how, lets see how this pans out over the next 36 hours.  As someone already pointed out, the 15-20m fee against not going up this season is an interesting financial equation.  This on top of what we have lost since last May.

...a few posters used the same equation with Tielemans and we know how that ended!!!

Fan pressure is not going to be such, that it removes the immovable object, that is Rudkin.

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

With both Daka and Nacho looking likely too leave surely some links for a striker will start popping up

I believe the most likely conclusion of event in 36 hours will be:

Ndidi = sold

Iheanacho = sold

Daka = loan

And someone who can play as a forward comes in probably on loan, Oscar Bobb as Pep does his mate a favour. :D

On 30/08/2023 at 09:57, Outfox the Fox said:

I've got a sneaking feeling (no more than that - and not based on any fact), that Nacho will still be with us next week. And (sticking my neck out, even more), so will Ndidi.

Their involvement in the Tranmere squad (and Ndidis importance in that game), just makes me think that Maresca can't afford to lose them. And the fact that we've had no SERIOUS links with any other striker (and didn't pursue Piroe  - despite probably being able to afford him 'on tick' - with likely sales), I reckon he'll be staying.

Shoot me down, if you like!

I think what Outfox said yesterday will be spot on. Nacho and Ndidi will be staying this window. We need them too much at the moment and had / have no serious replacements lined up.

But the January window is a different matter. IF (big if) we're still in (a) pole position for a swift PL return, a contract renewal for them could be on the cards. If we're not, or they are simply fed up with whats happened in those months, they'll be gone - for a fair bit less money than we would have got now, but still something.

Edited by bald reynard

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

you expect us to sign a striker with what less than 48hrs to go.

weve not even announced the Issahaku deal and we've known thats been about done for days

Without accusing the club of too much competence we possibly already have one lined up either as a sale or loan but don't want to inform the world just yet as it weakens our hand with the Iheanacho deal.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I believe the most likely conclusion of event in 36 hours will be:

Ndidi = sold

Iheanacho = sold

Daka = loan

And someone who can play as a forward comes in probably on loan, Oscar Bobb as Pep does his mate a favour. :D

Ndidi = sold

Iheanacho = stays

Daka = loan/option to buy

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a few posters used the same equation with Tielemans and we know how that ended!!!

Fan pressure is not going to be such, that it removes the immovable object, that is Rudkin.

We'll never be able to sign another scapegoat this late in the window.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

I think what Outfox said yesterday will be spot on. Nacho and Ndifi will be staying this window. We need them too much at the moment and had / have no serious replacements lined up.

But the January window is a different matter. IF (big if) we're still in (a) pole position for a swift PL return, a contract renewal could be on the cards. If we're not, they'll be gone - for a fair bit less money than we would have got now, but still something.

If they stay now, they won't be leaving in the January window. They'll be at AFCON in Jan-Feb and players don't like thinking about moves whilst on international duty, and clubs might be hesitant too in case they get injured at AFCON after the window closes. The fee will be much less than now and can't see it being worth us taking it. It's now or never really.