Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

17 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If Nacho has been offered a new contract as now rumoured, it means Enzo likes him! 

That is enough for me to want to keep him here. 

Didn't Maresca hint the other week that a new contract was on the table for Iheanacho? I get the impression they've been discussing this with him for some time. If Nacho doesn't fancy any of the clubs that come in for him this window, he may just decide to bide his time and see how the season goes before making a decision.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

Hopefully not Ings though, already got a new signing in the medical room, Ings would live there 

Not sure if it's just us who have had such a bad run with injuries or more widespread but we do need to stop it.

I think a fit Danny Ings is too good for the Champ, but it's such a slog it's gonna take its toll on people physically. That's why I'd prefer an older + a younger player in. Lots of rotation.

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Didn't Maresca hint the other week that a new contract was on the table for Iheanacho? I get the impression they've been discussing this with him for some time. If Nacho doesn't fancy any of the clubs that come in for him this window, he may just decide to bide his time and see how the season goes before making a decision.

Maresca pretty much said that he wouldn't be offered a new contract unless he upped his work rate.

I don't want him to leave but leaving on a free isnt an option either...

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Maresca pretty much said that he wouldn't be offered a new contract unless he upped his work rate.

I don't want him to leave but leaving on a free isnt an option either...

Do you have a link to that? Missed it at the time

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Not sure if it's just us who have had such a bad run with injuries or more widespread but we do need to stop it.

I think a fit Danny Ings is too good for the Champ, but it's such a slog it's gonna take its toll on people physically. That's why I'd prefer an older + a younger player in. Lots of rotation.

Yea I agree on a suit Ings, but he'd put our sick notes to shame 

No idea who we could go in for though if kelechi goes. I'd be tempted to just use Vardy and then play a false 9 when he isn't about.. not like the forwards are scoring and we're winning anyway

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Do you have a link to that? Missed it at the time

What Maresca has said

Maresca has confirmed that there will be discussions with the player over his future . Speaking earlier this month the City boss said: “This is one of the things is on the table. It’s one of the things we need to discuss with the player.

“Most of the time we think about the club but we need to see the desire of the player. “We have to decide between the player, club, and manager. It's one of the things we need to do soon to clarify the situation.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kelechi-iheanacho-transfer-latest-leicester-8717465

I remember it being phrased slightly differently in an interview but this is the only thing i can find that's linkable

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

What Maresca has said

Maresca has confirmed that there will be discussions with the player over his future . Speaking earlier this month the City boss said: “This is one of the things is on the table. It’s one of the things we need to discuss with the player.

“Most of the time we think about the club but we need to see the desire of the player. “We have to decide between the player, club, and manager. It's one of the things we need to do soon to clarify the situation.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kelechi-iheanacho-transfer-latest-leicester-8717465

I've read that several times and I can't see the bit where Maresca says Iheanacho wouldn't be offered a new contract unless he ups his work rate. In fact it sounds more like he's already been offered a new contract but has yet to sign it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

I've read that several times and I can't see the bit where Maresca says Iheanacho wouldn't be offered a new contract unless he ups his work rate. In fact it sounds more like he's already been offered a new contract but has yet to sign it.

Well, like i said i remember it being phrased differently in a audible interview but cant find a link to the interview...

Edited by MPH

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think it was said by one of ITK on this forum, and has been chinese whispered to being a definite fact on Foxes Talk.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I think it was said by one of ITK on this forum, and has been chinese whispered to being a definite fact on Foxes Talk.

Bit of a Chinese whisper of yourself if you Think it was said by an ITK?

Just now, SkidsFox said:

Much as I'd prefer him to stay, he'd surely prefer a move to PL Palace if they make a realistic bid? 

It sounds like we're deliberately trying to price him out of a move. Wolves are apparently refusing to fork out the £20m we want. Will Palace stump up? It will probably come down to that...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

Bit of a Chinese whisper of yourself if you Think it was said by an ITK?

It was in the old Nacho transfer thread that then disappeared. 

18 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It sounds like we're deliberately trying to price him out of a move. Wolves are apparently refusing to fork out the £20m we want. Will Palace stump up? It will probably come down to that...

Sort of thing always goes down well with players, especially if a big pay rise is on the cards. Really hope we know what we are doing here.

17 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

It was in the old Nacho transfer thread that then disappeared. 

Sort of thing always goes down well with players, especially if a big pay rise is on the cards. Really hope we know what we are doing here.

What western park was saying was that what i remember from an interview about Maresca only wanting to offer a new contract if Nacho upped his workrate is something that actually came from an ITK in here.. what you have quoted here isnt to do with that subject.

38 minutes ago, MPH said:

What western park was saying was that what i remember from an interview about Maresca only wanting to offer a new contract if Nacho upped his workrate is something that actually came from an ITK in here.. what you have quoted here isnt to do with that subject.

oh ok - i should probably just get on with my work rather than flip flopping threads. A few weeks ago there was a Nacho thread that disappeared where an ITK posted something very close to what you wrote here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

oh ok - i should probably just get on with my work rather than flip flopping threads. A few weeks ago there was a Nacho thread that disappeared where an ITK posted something very close to what you wrote here. 

Work!

Chop! Chop!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Likewise Wilf. We could make noises to Forest that we are prepared to deal at the right price, forest p1ss about at the 12-15m mark yet our valuation is 25m. 

We play fair to player, to the interested club...and potentially get decent value. Or we have totally wasted Forest's time. Win win. (Apart from if we ever wanna deal with Forest to suit us, but that's a problem for manana)

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not really, £20m is remarkably cheap for a striker like Iheanacho never mind that he's our first choice in that position. 

If anything, I think that's heavily undervaluing him. 

1 minute ago, Verumex said:

Not really, £20m is remarkably cheap for a striker like Iheanacho never mind that he's our first choice in that position. 

If anything, I think that's heavily undervaluing him. 

I actually meant that we're setting a price that we don't think interested parties will meet, not that we're overvaluing him in relation to his intrinsic worth. But given that he could walk away for free next summer, I don't think £20m heavily undervalues him.

• Like 2