Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
worth_the_wait

No City game this Saturday ... so let's all support the County

On 17/09/2023 at 18:58, OnlyOneCity said:

The Mercury are an absolute disgrace. I couldn’t find anything about County actually reaching the final or winning it. There would appear to be nobody at the paper who can report on cricket. Absolutely disgraceful non support for one of our unsung teams. Well done County. I thought we were all going home by just after lunch, but great play in particular by Swindells, Evans and young Josh Hull. 

Worth pointing out that it was the Merc's back page yesterday, with two pages instead.

Yes, it's absolutely baffling that they wouldn't publish it online too but if people want them to value cricket as a sport then they need to buy the paper when it's the top sports story in Leicestershire.

• Like 1

On 19/09/2023 at 09:49, Voll Blau said:

Worth pointing out that it was the Merc's back page yesterday, with two pages instead.

Yes, it's absolutely baffling that they wouldn't publish it online too but if people want them to value cricket as a sport then they need to buy the paper when it's the top sports story in Leicestershire.

That’s fair. I’m not in the county so can’t buy a copy or see that though.

I used to follow them on social media etc, but got fed up with the state of the site and click bait articles. Thought I’d give it another chance to see what they’d written online, but nothing. 

On 19/09/2023 at 04:49, Voll Blau said:

That's a fair point, they can't be expected to have the same journalistic resources as 30 years ago with a 1/10th of the circulation. They could have copied and pasted though.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...