Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
worth_the_wait

No City game this Saturday ... so let's all support the County

The support for the county was super, especially from all the City fans in the aptly named Fox Road stand. The chanting was pretty incessant and the roars accompanying the wonderful catches and spectacular run out were like those celebrating goals. Cheering every dot ball towards the end really put pressure on Hampshire. We all loved the chant "Harry Swindells he's one of our own" after his man of the match performance. Fantastic day!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rob Clarke said:

The support for the county was super, especially from all the City fans in the aptly named Fox Road stand. The chanting was pretty incessant and the roars accompanying the wonderful catches and spectacular run out were like those celebrating goals. Cheering every dot ball towards the end really put pressure on Hampshire. We all loved the chant "Harry Swindells he's one of our own" after his man of the match performance. Fantastic day!

The wicket celebrations were wilder than most goal celebrations at City these days.

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

They did. Pleasing.

Get them parading the trophy at half-time next Saturday now!

Just had a quick gander at Tigers. Nothing from what I could see. Hope I just missed it rather than it being ignored. 

Wouldn't surprise me though. The underdog spirit between city and county is a stronger bond. Plus the Aylestone / Saff / Belvoir drive connection. Much more a City area than Tigers. 

• Like 1

The Mercury are an absolute disgrace. I couldn’t find anything about County actually reaching the final or winning it. There would appear to be nobody at the paper who can report on cricket. Absolutely disgraceful non support for one of our unsung teams. Well done County. I thought we were all going home by just after lunch, but great play in particular by Swindells, Evans and young Josh Hull. 

• Like 2

The Leicester Mercury’s priorities have always been advertising, and to fill the odd space here and there

they throw on a few comments on the local sports. Since the demise of the Buff, sport at the Mercury has

always, and will always be way down the pecking order. They are just interested in selling advertising space.

I kicked them into touch over 30 years ago.

After they ditched the Buff they went downhill faster than Franz Klammer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Leicester need to get the Cricket lads down Saturday and let them walk around the pitch and show the trophy off. 

P.s. Fvck the Hundred. 

Everyone  ... tell the club.       Either or both of these Emails ...

LCFC Help Email: [email protected]

Leicester City in the Community Email: [email protected]

• Like 1