Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Matthew Perry (aka Chandler) Dies, aged 54

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

It always astounds me how feverish-like people are to crap on the achievements of people when they die. Cast member of stupendously popular TV show passes away?

"I MUST express how much I didn't find it funny, and the best place to do that is in a thread about someone who has died. Yes, let's make this about ME."

Also staggering that people cannot process that comedy is subjective and your disdain/dislike of something is not the be all and end all.

I think it was a light-hearted joke mate 

Ironically you didn't find it funny 

18 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I've seen it.

It just isn't funny.

Probably not really the right thread to start slagging off Friends.

Whatever you personally thought of it, it was an iconic TV show whith huge popularity, more people would of enjoyed it than not so that puts you in the minority. 

Back to the subject, such a sad ending and can't imagine what the rest of the cast, his close family and friends are feeling right now.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

It always astounds me how feverish-like people are to crap on the achievements of people when they die. Cast member of stupendously popular TV show passes away?

"I MUST express how much I didn't find it funny, and the best place to do that is in a thread about someone who has died. Yes, let's make this about ME."

Also staggering that people cannot process that comedy is subjective and your disdain/dislike of something is not the be all and end all.

I grew up with Friends, I really liked Friends, I don't watch it back much now but it resonates with me a lot and it was part of my growing up so remember it fondly. If nothing else it's always a shock when people who you spent a lot of time watching on TV as a kid pass away.

Of course some people will have found it funny and others not. As you say, comedy is highly subjective and different individuals/generations/cultures/groups of people will typically have very different perceptions of humour.

To simply declare something not funny as if it were absolute fact rather than a personal opinion is just plain daft (IMO).

Edited by WigstonWanderer

18 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I grew up with Friends, I really liked Friends, I dgrewon't watch it back much now but it resonates with me a lot and it was part of my growing up so remember it fondly. If nothing else it's always a shock when people who you spent a lot of time watching on TV as a kid pass away.

21 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I grew up with Friends, I really liked Friends, I don't watch it back much now but it resonates with me a lot and it was part of my growing up so remember it fondly. If nothing else it's always a shock when people who you spent a lot of time watching on TV as a kid pass away.

Because we live in a society where we like to tear people down. Where people like to belittle other people's achievements or passions. Where people have to dislike or totally Sh*t on something that others like if they don't. Everyone's different not everyone likes the same things, and that's great. It would be a boring world if we liked or disliked the same things. Just don't Sh#t on other people for liking what they like.

• Like 1