Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Matthew Perry (aka Chandler) Dies, aged 54

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Has it really aged terribly? I always preferred Seinfeld but there’s no doubt Friends was very slickly written and I think it will still be watched for many years to come.

Yeah watching it backs a bit of a struggle if I'm being honest (and I'm a fan). Iconic TV show though 

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Which inevitably leads you to think he was probably on some sort of drugs. Terrible news. 

Great actor who played one of the most iconic, funny characters US comedy will ever see. I’m sure a lot of people can relate to Chandler Bing. 

Just now, Bert said:

Which inevitably leads you to think he was probably on some sort of drugs. Terrible news. 

Great actor who played one of the most iconic, funny characters US comedy will ever see. I’m sure a lot of people can relate to Chandler Bing. 

Apparently he had a heart attack whilst in his hot tub so not necessarily drug related 

It baffles me just how many people were shocked to hear of his problems with drugs and alcohol, in many ways he was more famous for that in his later years. Unforgettable as Chandler though and Friends was one of the great shows growing up. A really sad day.

34 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Apparently he had a heart attack whilst in his hot tub so not necessarily drug related 

The drug abuse certainly would’ve taken its toll on his heart, though. 

Either way, it’s so sad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Has it really aged terribly? I always preferred Seinfeld but there’s no doubt Friends was very slickly written and I think it will still be watched for many years to come.

A bit tbf, I’ve recently watched every episode back and there are a lot of gay references in it. Though it is funny and some of the jokes I have seen reused in other later comedies. Not that I want to discuss it all atm as this is about a death, RIP Matthew Perry, sad.

Probably watched every friends episodes hundreds of times as they are always on some channel. As one of the six main characters Mathew Perry was the most likeliest to die first with what he has been through in life but it is still a great shock. A naturally funny person it was often said his own personal jokes on set were way more funny than the scripted ones. Suffered from addiction to prescription drugs for a long time. 

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Many heavy drug users or previous abusers can have heart problems so even if indirectly, it’s probably still drug related.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Obviously, it's not a good idea to speculate too much but I'm trying to understand the circumstances, the media reported that a heart attack was the reason the ambulance was allegedly called, so either he called them himself, at which point you'd think if he was able to call he would potentially be able to get out of the jacuzzi, or he was with someone who called, and they could have dragged him out? If it was a case that he was alone and the heart attack was so severe or sudden that he couldn't get himself out of the jacuzzi then how would he call the ambulance? I guess there could be a grey area in my logic where he had a heart attack so severe that he managed to call but wasn't able to get out.

Edited by cityfanlee23

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Obviously, it's not a good idea to speculate too much but I'm trying to understand the circumstances, the media reported that a heart attack was the reason the ambulance was allegedly called, so either he called them himself, at which point you'd think if he was able to call he would potentially be able to get out of the jacuzzi, or he was with someone who called, and they could have dragged him out? If it was a case that he was alone and the heart attack was so severe or sudden that he couldn't get himself out of the jacuzzi then how would he call the ambulance? I guess there could be a grey area in my logic where he had a heart attack so severe that he managed to call but wasn't able to get out.

Don't speculate too much yeah lol

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Obviously, it's not a good idea to speculate too much but I'm trying to understand the circumstances, the media reported that a heart attack was the reason the ambulance was allegedly called, so either he called them himself, at which point you'd think if he was able to call he would potentially be able to get out of the jacuzzi, or he was with someone who called, and they could have dragged him out? If it was a case that he was alone and the heart attack was so severe or sudden that he couldn't get himself out of the jacuzzi then how would he call the ambulance?

His assistant found him and called 911.

• Like 1