Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Matthew Perry (aka Chandler) Dies, aged 54

4 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Ahhh i'd not seen that. So seems a bit odd for the media to push that idea out if he was "found" drowned. 

I’m lost. If he’s drowned in a jacuzzi, he must’ve been found. Otherwise he wouldn’t have drowned. (This wasn’t meant to rhyme). 

6 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I'm in absolute shock.

People watched Freinds and found it funny?

Condolences to you all.

Honestly, like the other poster had said, you have probably never watched an episode of you think it's not funny. There is a reason that it's one of the most successful shows ever. To this day still makes me laugh out loud. Not many shows now have that same effect. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Honestly, like the other poster had said, you have probably never watched an episode of you think it's not funny. There is a reason that it's one of the most successful shows ever. To this day still makes me laugh out loud. Not many shows now have that same effect. 

I've seen it.

It just isn't funny.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Anyone else rhink it’s unusual that, seemingly, none of the other three lead stars have passed comment? 🤔

It could quite possibly be that they're too traumatised to, especially if any/all of them were close friends of his?

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Anyone else rhink it’s unusual that, seemingly, none of the other three lead stars have passed comment? 🤔

15 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It could quite possibly be that they're too traumatised to, especially if any/all of them were close friends of his?

11 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

It's very much a modern age thing of when somebody dies, people instantly go to express their 'deep feelings' on social media. A lot of it (not all) is purely attention seeking. 

Just perhaps Le Blanc, Schwimmer, Cox and Aniston who actually had lifelong friendships and deep personal connections with him are processing their grief like actual grief affected human beings for a moment before even thinking about plastering it all over social media. 

Absolutely agree. The press has been full of attention-seeking ‘friends’ who had virtually no connection. But given these people don’t actually write or, often, even oversee their social-media presence, it just seemed unusual that one of their team hadn’t posted something. 🤷. Hopefully, they have better things to do, like supporting the family and loved ones in real-time. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Has it really aged terribly? I always preferred Seinfeld but there’s no doubt Friends was very slickly written and I think it will still be watched for many years to come.

Of course it hasn’t aged terribly

Christ, people will be scared to script anything if they’ve got to predict how it’s going to be judged in 25 years time  

• Like 1

An absolute lesson in checking in on people that are very obviously struggling.

You could see in that reunion show 2 years ago he had issues. Emotionally that show was draining for him, seeing old friends and sharing memories and realising what a void he had in his life without it.

Maybe if the outpouring of help had been at a similar level to the outpouring of grief, he might still be with us.

Timeles show with some classic gags from him, RIP Matt.

8 hours ago, TrentFox said:

I did think this as well.

Like you mentioned, more-so in a time when people have teams to write for them. 

8 hours ago, TrentFox said:

My wife tells me that they are too upset to comment but I don’t know if she’s read something or just a guess 

She usually seems to know about this sort of thing though 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Watched the whole friends series again just recently and thought how well it stood up. So sad about Perry. So talented. They actually had a noticeable effect on the English language I’d say.

He talked in his book about changing the emphasis in line delivery. 

Also the "Could I be more funny" type of speech....that is now a part of the our usual lexicon.... was created by him and a couple of (other) friends, as children