Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Winchesterfox

Huddersfield (H) 1 January

Just a heads up for this, especially after the general sale thread. If you want to go and know a season ticket holder or member you can get them to get you a guest ticket right now if you create an account. If you have an account and a purchase history, you can buy tickets for this yourself from the 23rd. There's loads in M1 available again now as well

23 minutes ago, guest123 said:

Just a heads up for this, especially after the general sale thread. If you want to go and know a season ticket holder or member you can get them to get you a guest ticket right now if you create an account. If you have an account and a purchase history, you can buy tickets for this yourself from the 23rd. There's loads in M1 available again now as well

You don't even need to create your own account guesty. Get the person buying you a ticket to create an account for you, under a name such a 'mike is a tw@t' etc etc. Very easy process. And yes the atmos thread is sh!t without you but I recall explicitly warning you that you will get banned soon.

13 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

You don't even need to create your own account guesty. Get the person buying you a ticket to create an account for you, under a name such a 'mike is a tw@t' etc etc. Very easy process. And yes the atmos thread is sh!t without you but I recall explicitly warning you that you will get banned soon.

I just suggested creating your own account as a courtesy to the person going out their way to buy them for you. and imagine being banned from a thread for having eyes and ears, but sure it's the same as when i first read it  

Anyway, looking forward to this game as got some mates from Huddersfield coming down to have a few beers with

• Like 1

My mates selling a couple of VIP tickets  Hi "

x2 vip ️ tickets available for New Year’s Day leicester ️ £60 each with parking,bar,free tea coffee and programme!
normal price £130 each!

DM me and I'll hook you up 

Quick question, I am taking my son to the match on Monday, we are flying in from Belfast tomorrow and staying just at the premier inn in Leicester city centre , on match day is it within walking distance to the stadium or would we be best to get a taxi to close to the stadium? … also as this is our first game what sort of time would fans arrive , like is 2pm enough time? 

thanks 

9 minutes ago, Stephen85 said:

Quick question, I am taking my son to the match on Monday, we are flying in from Belfast tomorrow and staying just at the premier inn in Leicester city centre , on match day is it within walking distance to the stadium or would we be best to get a taxi to close to the stadium? … also as this is our first game what sort of time would fans arrive , like is 2pm enough time? 

thanks 

It’s like a 15 min walk from the centre of the town, I’d avoid a taxi cos of the traffic that builds up.

2pm is a good time if you fancy watching a bit of warm up or get food and drink. Turnstiles open 1:30pm. The stadium doesn’t fill up until about 2:50pm.

Hope you have a good visit!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stephen85 said:

thanks 

Every match day I park at the train station which is directly next door to the premier inn.. takes about 15 mins at a good pace as phoneticerror said.. it’s seems much quicker walking there if your walking towards tigers rugby stadium and Nelson Mandela park as on the way back your walking up a bit of an incline.. 

If this is your first time then there is loads to photograph.. the club shop to visit, a walk around the stadium (which I do on away days also) and the memorial garden.. I would recommend even earlier than 2 if you can.. :)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stephen85 said:

thanks 

Assuming you are flying into east mids the bus into Leicester is two quid a pop. Takes about an hour. 

Plenty of casual but glitzy looking restaurants near to your hotel (up from  the station) for a new year's eve out. Mainly indian, Turkish type gaffs but enough to feel as if it's a night out for your lad. 

As for game, yeah, 25 mins walk max. Either via the city centre / de mont uni /river (nicer walk)  or walk via the inner ring road towards tigers ground (less scenic!) 

58 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Assuming you are flying into east mids the bus into Leicester is two quid a pop. Takes about an hour. 

Plenty of casual but glitzy looking restaurants near to your hotel (up from  the station) for a new year's eve out. Mainly indian, Turkish type gaffs but enough to feel as if it's a night out for your lad. 

As for game, yeah, 25 mins walk max. Either via the city centre / de mont uni /river (nicer walk)  or walk via the inner ring road towards tigers ground (less scenic!) 

We are flying into Birmingham as there was more flight options from our international airport, then train into Leicester. …. Haven’t even done this first match and he’s picked out another few he wouldn’t mind going too, but we will see how smooth it goes! 

cheers for the advise regarding walking distance, we might do via city centre / river walk so we can have a look at what’s around as also and it’s not like we’re in a rush as we arrive tomorrow evening anyway! 

thanks once again for the help! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stephen85 said:

thanks 

You don’t say how old your son is, but maybe a look at the Vichai Memorial garden. 

7 hours ago, Stephen85 said:

He’s 10 , but yes the plan would to be pay it a visit before the game. 

There's usually stuff outside the North stand pre match to keep kids entertained a while, kick a ball through a hole inflatable types. Might be worth giving yourself an extra half hour to do them as well

• Thanks 1