Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Look Out - It's Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

45125.jpg

Morris: Could return around Christmas

Levein hopeful over Morris

Leicester manager Craig Levein is hoping to see long-term absentee Lee Morris return to first-team contention sooner rather than later.

The 25-year-old's Foxes career has been peppered by long-term injury problems, meaning Morris had been restricted to just 10 appearances - and only two of them starts - since joining from Derby in February 2004.

But having now recovered from groin problems and knee cartilage surgery, Morris could be in line for a recall over Christmas or New Year.

Levein said: "Lee Morris has been training with the academy players for the last fortnight just to try to gently get him back into competitive action. I expect him to be back in training with the first team some time next week.

"Going into this hectic period we're hoping to have a fairly healthy squad."

from being transferred for £3 million a few years ago to this. who would have thought it.

will he ever recapture that ability that earnt such a big transfer fee?

No.

The 25-year-old's Foxes career has been peppered by long-term injury problems, meaning Morris had been restricted to just 10 appearances - and only two of them starts - since joining from Derby in February 2004.

Levein said: "Lee Morris has been training with the academy players for the last fortnight just to try to gently get him back into competitive action. I expect him to be back in training with the first team some time next week.

"Going into this hectic period we're hoping to have a fairly healthy squad."

It feels like febuary 2000, for all the long term injuries hes had.

If craig expects him in 1st team training, thats more like certainty, which is great news.

We certainly have a large squad, and of atleast decent players generally. Competition for places is getting more and more fierce. We should now be taking games TOO the opposition more.

Merry christmas everyone :)

D'ya reckon he can break into the starting 11?

No, even when he has been fit he hasn't impressed me, at best he can be a sub then let's see if he makes any impact. But that's after he's proved himself for the Reserves, can anyone see him getting through a Reserve game? :rolleyes:

No, even when he has been fit he hasn't impressed me, at best he can be a sub then let's see if he makes any impact. But that's after he's proved himself for the Reserves, can anyone see him getting through a Reserve game? :rolleyes:

If he can get his fitness up, and sustain it, hes atleast worthy of a bench place. When i last saw him, he seemed like one of only a few who got us off our seat (albeit not many times).

People just think that because hes hardly played, that hes no good. The boys got potentially loads of ability, he showed that last season.

I expect him to replace sylla, IF his fitness is right. Either way, sylla or morris as a sub for eachother, is top draw in this division.

Tell you what folks, my mouths watering with the potential coming about in attack.

D'ya reckon he can break into the starting 11?

Break into the starting 11? lollollol

More likely break (or injure) something else :P

45125.jpg

Morris: Could return around Christmas

Incidentally, this picture is very old. Last time I saw him, he was sporting a very short haircut (1, I guess) :P

(Just in case you don't recognise this new player sitting on the bench some time in the future...)

PS: By the time he sits on the bench or whatever, his hair will probably have gone back to the way it was here :D

TBH, from what I saw of Lee Morris last season (um, was it last season? seems longer, anyway) I wasn't that impressed.

But, and it's a big BUT, I'm willing to give him a chance and will support him whenever I can. It's got to be one of the most difficult things for a footballer, to come back from long term injury and try to impress in the first team, last thing he needs is everyone writing him off before he's even kicked a ball.

In the event he does break into the first team let's all give him some support.

:)

Archived