Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2024

Surely Horner must think that the world thinking his favourite cereal are cocopops is the most damaging thing in this alleged leak. Must have been a heat of the moment thing, because I didn’t expect that.

The usual crap being rolled out I seelol Stroll the worst driver ever to have breathed? Merc 5th best team? Mercedes only had a good engine? What?

First few years of the turbo era sure. There was a big shift in regulations in 2017 which they mastered and to a lesser extent in 19 or 20 I think? 

If Merc really are the 5th best team then they are like a tenth off being the 2nd best if qualifying is anything to go by. 

It was fairly close in qualifying last year and then the grid spreads for the race. If the same thing happens tomorrow then it's much the same as 2023 with Ferrari/Merc/McLaren/Aston Martin taking points off each other and a title effectively wrapped up by June

3 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

The usual crap being rolled out I seelol Stroll the worst driver ever to have breathed? Merc 5th best team? Mercedes only had a good engine? What?

First few years of the turbo era sure. There was a big shift in regulations in 2017 which they mastered and to a lesser extent in 19 or 20 I think? 

If Merc really are the 5th best team then they are like a tenth off being the 2nd best if qualifying is anything to go by. 

It was fairly close in qualifying last year and then the grid spreads for the race. If the same thing happens tomorrow then it's much the same as 2023 with Ferrari/Merc/McLaren/Aston Martin taking points off each other and a title effectively wrapped up by June

Is this guy ever NOT angry and upset by a post in here? lol If it’s all getting too much for you already, you should really sit out this season. You’re not gonna like it. 

That was about what was expected. The battle between Ferrari, McLaren, Merc, Alonso and Perez is going to be fantastic. Just got to forget about Max and enjoy the racing. 

Not the best quali from Hamilton but hopefully he can put in a good race and start building that momentum back up. 

16 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

Behave yourself. 

Stroll is without doubt in a massively privileged position and should not be in that car. He is probably in the bottom 2-3 drivers on the grid. 

There’s no doubt Mercedes engine was dominant for years and with the focus now being on Aero, they’ve been shown up? 

I don’t get why youre riled so much?! 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Behave yourself. 

Stroll is without doubt in a massively privileged position and should not be in that car. He is probably in the bottom 2-3 drivers on the grid. 

There’s no doubt Mercedes engine was dominant for years and with the focus now being on Aero, they’ve been shown up? 

I don’t get why youre riled so much?! 

Because it reeks of people reading something on the internet that they have little knowledge of, and choosing to roll with it, particularly the Stroll stuff. There's no doubt he jumped to F1 very quickly considering his experience but he won things at junior levels, and don't recall him looking like a fish out of water in his first couple of years. He'll never be World Champion material but that can be said against atleast half of the current grid. People dislike him because of his privileged position, take that away and you've got a driver who is no worse than the likes of Magnussen, Zhou, Giovanazzi of times gone by and arguably even Hulkenberg in terms of achievements in F1. You don't see any negativity towards those drivers. He got pole in ridiculous conditions a few years ago and was going well in the race until I think the team cocked up bringing him in too soon? You don't do that stuff if you're talentless. He seems to lack one lap pace but in races he's solid enough, not exactly a crash merchant. If the 4 teams behind Red Bull are as close as they were yesterday for the season then it will be very minor points he's fighting for because of course he's inferior to Alonso and they probably are the 5th best car if you had to choose, or will be later in the season based off how they declined last year. 

As for the engine stuff, will put my neck on the line here but the major regulation change in 2017 was nothing to do with engines. 14-16 Merc had insane speed and decent reliability. I am certain any huge advantage they had in 17 onwards was gone. They shared wins frequently with Ferrari for the first half of the season before pulling away at the end in 17/18 or 18/19 (can't remember) Ultimately though the regulation changes in 2017 weren't so much about the engine like in 2014. I feel there was a change again in 2020 which was probably their most dominant year since 2016, again not engine change regulations. They mastered multiple changes and it's not all because of the engine. But yes these current regulations are right up Newey's street 

Edited by Stinkenzo

8 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

Because it reeks of people reading something on the internet that they have little knowledge of, and choosing to roll with it, particularly the Stroll stuff. There's no doubt he jumped to F1 very quickly considering his experience but he won things at junior levels, and don't recall him looking like a fish out of water in his first couple of years. He'll never be World Champion material but that can be said against atleast half of the current grid. People dislike him because of his privileged position, take that away and you've got a driver who is no worse than the likes of Magnussen, Zhou, Giovanazzi of times gone by and arguably even Hulkenberg in terms of achievements in F1. You don't see any negativity towards those drivers. He got pole in ridiculous conditions a few years ago and was going well in the race until I think the team cocked up bringing him in too soon? You don't do that stuff if you're talentless. He seems to lack one lap pace but in races he's solid enough, not exactly a crash merchant. If the 4 teams behind Red Bull are as close as they were yesterday for the season then it will be very minor points he's fighting for because of course he's inferior to Alonso and they probably are the 5th best car if you had to choose, or will be later in the season based off how they declined last year. 

As for the engine stuff, will put my neck on the line here but the major regulation change in 2017 was nothing to do with engines. 14-16 Merc had insane speed and decent reliability. I am certain any huge advantage they had in 17 onwards was gone. They shared wins frequently with Ferrari for the first half of the season before pulling away at the end in 17/18 or 18/19 (can't remember) Ultimately though the regulation changes in 2017 weren't so much about the engine like in 2014. I feel there was a change again in 2020 which was probably their most dominant year since 2016, again not engine change regulations. They mastered multiple changes and it's not all because of the engine. But yes these current regulations are right up Newey's street 

Nope I’ve watched F1 for decades and been to Silverstone several times. 

Stroll should not been in that seat, completely wasted. Hes holding that team back 

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Nope I’ve watched F1 for decades and been to Silverstone several times. 

Stroll should not been in that seat, completely wasted. Hes holding that team back 

He shouldn't be in any seat.  He's worse than Latifi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

He shouldn't be in any seat.  He's worse than Latifi.

He shouldn't have got the seat in the first place and has kept when other would have lost it, but to say he's worse that Latifi is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Manini said:

22 seconds lol 

10 seconds faster than last year.  lol  Season over.

Also, as a season opener I personally can't remember a worse one.  Apart from Leclerc moaning about his brakes and mechanical issues with the Mercedes there was absolutely nothing going on.  

Looking dire. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

10 seconds faster than last year.  lol  Season over.

Also, as a season opener I personally can't remember a worse one.  Apart from Leclerc moaning about his brakes and mechanical issues with the Mercedes there was absolutely nothing going on.  

Looking dire. 

Roll on 2026….