Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2024

Can’t wait for Lewis to start sounding like DJ Pauly D from Jersey Shore with his newly found Italian American accent. 

Big shake up! Exciting. Will be quite iconic to see Hamilton in Ferrari Red. Hopefully he gets a decent car under him. 

I suggested Lewis might replace Sainz last season can I pretend to be ITK now?

Not really surprised. I think it's simply a case of wanting to drive for Ferrari as an accomplishment. I also think it might be a good idea rather than dragging on at Merc trying to win the 8th title until he's getting beat every week by George.

3 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

That Asha kid will be crying in his sleep tonight, even if his character does appear to have gone full circle on him 

Does this mean you're a Ferrari fan too now? 

We can watch the races together, mate. Come on Lewis.

• Haha 3

Absolutely huge news.  Although if we're all honest, not TOTALLY surprising.

He's been here before with McLaren in 2013.  I'd wager he's seeing a similar pattern with Mercedes, a previously successful team slowly falling further and further away from the competition, a lack of fire and energy at board level, and significant brain drain.  He probably felt it was now or never to make the jump to fulfil his ambition to do what his hero Senna never had the chance to, end his career at Ferrari.

For Mercedes it's a PR nightmare and is a damning verdict on their future ambitions.  Every race with Hamilton this year will be framed in terms of Ferrari, they'll be totally sidelined as a brand.  So what do they do?  Do they try and pay Hamilton to take a year off in 2024 to stop him taking the teams secrets to Ferrari and avoid the media circus?  Have him drive a test mule all season and put 100% behind Russell?  Or be professional and try and end their relationship on a high (is the relationship still intact)?

On the flip side, by all accounts Mercedes see Antonelli as their next star so expect him in the seat come 2025 if he delivers in F2 this year.  I've heard whispers that the tide is somewhat out on Russell after he was put in his place by Hamilton last season.

Also a penny for Leclerc thoughts, it's a lose-lose really.  Hamilton will be 40 by the time he races for Ferrari.  A 40 year old hasn't won a Grand Prix since Nigel Mansell won in Australia in 1994!  Leclerc will be in his prime, in HIS team vs a 40 year old in the twilight of his career, he HAS to win right?

Edited by BlueSi13
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

If and I know it's a big IF but if he goes and wins a world title, he will become the first ever 3 team world champion. 

Fangio won titles with Alfa Romeo , Maserati , Mercedes and Ferrari in the 50's.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Absolutely huge news.  Although if we're all honest, not TOTALLY surprising.

He's been here before with McLaren in 2013.  I'd wager he's seeing a similar pattern with Mercedes, a previously successful team slowly falling further and further away from the competition, a lack of fire and energy at board level, and significant brain drain.  He probably felt it was now or never to make the jump to fulfil his ambition to do what his hero Senna never had the chance to, end his career at Ferrari.

For Mercedes it's a PR nightmare and is a damning verdict on their future ambitions.  Every race with Hamilton this year will be framed in terms of Ferrari, they'll be totally sidelined as a brand.  So what do they do?  Do they try and pay Hamilton to take a year off in 2024 to stop him taking the teams secrets to Ferrari and avoid the media circus?  Have him drive a test mule all season and put 100% behind Russell?  Or be professional and try and end their relationship on a high (is the relationship still intact)?

On the flip side, by all accounts Mercedes see Antonelli as their next star so expect him in the seat come 2025 if he delivers in F2 this year.  I've heard whispers that the tide is somewhat out on Russell after he was put in his place by Hamilton last season.

Also a penny for Leclerc thoughts, it's a lose-lose really.  Hamilton will be 40 by the time he races for Ferrari.  A 40 year old hasn't won a Grand Prix since Nigel Mansell won in Australia in 1994!  Leclerc will be in his prime, in HIS team vs a 40 year old in the twilight of his career, he HAS to win right?

Don’t think it’s that damaging at all for Merc tbh, George is the future project and has got 1-1 with Lewis, he’s the future of their brand. It’s a transition that’s needed to start really, only knock is that Lewis is a money spinner. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Anything to try and outshine the news from Lewis / Mercedes haha

This winter season sure has proven to be eventful, more so than the actual racing last session