Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2024

11 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Or ..... do something to slow the Red Bulls down in 2025 like they did to the Mercedes in 2021.  This isn't sustainable.  

Can’t see it I’m afraid, I think they’re too far ahead even if they did have their wings clipped! 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Can’t see it I’m afraid, I think they’re too far ahead even if they did have their wings clipped! 

Perhaps but I think the old heads in F1 need to be careful.  F1 is American owned now.  The idea of a single team & driver dominating like this is a foreign concept to them.  

Considering that Liberty are trying to crack the American market, as soon as the money and interest starts drying up we'll start hearing about F1 becoming more of a spec series/success ballasts etc.

This will be the 3rd year of this with no signs of any other team getting to within a second of Red Bull.  Madness.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It wouldn’t be so bad if Perez wasn’t so useless. At least in dominant eras of recent times there were either in team battles or genuine challengers throughout the season. Watching max win all year by a minute just isn’t enjoyable.

This. At least when Vettel and Hamilton were dominating, Bottas and Webber would throw in 3 or 4 class drives a season. This is utter dross. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Still need to look at the race in Abu Dhabi in 2021. I haven’t watched any F1 since as it’s a complete farce. 

It was manufactured to increase exposure and they got exactly what they wanted. 

The beverage company dominance since then leaves a real sour taste. 

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

It was manufactured to increase exposure and they got exactly what they wanted. 

The beverage company dominance since then leaves a real sour taste. 

I literally wouldn’t know lol

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

And if my uncle had a fanny he’d be my aunt. It’s like a season where Man City are 20 points clear but the top 4 race is really hotting up! Who cares.

Problem F1 has, and it's not the fault of the teams, but when a team is genuinely excellent, there's very little joy in the spectacle unless your one of these weird RB/Merc fan boys. Can't get too excited at seeing the time sheets. The sport relies on competitive racing. 

It's a problem F1 has always had and always will have. At least in football when Man City or peak Barca are top of their game you get some enjoyment in seeing it played at a high quality level. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Red bull have suspended the woman who accused Horner.

Convenient 

I doubt she'd want to carry on being PA to him any way. 

I've seen all those leaked WhatsApp messages. And while she doesn't always nip his flirty texts in the bud immediately, Horner just comes across as a dirty old man desperate for a bit of attention from a younger woman due to his status.

I guess she needed to maintain a good relationship with him for her job, and she might have feared for her position if she outright rejected him immediately.

Geri definitely won't be happy after reading them that's for sure. There'll be no Spice In His Life for a good while!

Edited by The Bear

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I doubt she'd want to carry on being PA to him any way. 

I've seen all those leaked WhatsApp messages. And while she doesn't always nip his flirty texts in the bud immediately, Horner just comes across as a dirty old man desperate for a bit of attention from a younger woman due to his status.

I guess she needed to maintain a good relationship with him for her job, and she might have feared for her position if she outright rejected him immediately.

Geri definitely won't be happy after reading them that's for sure. There'll be no Spice In His Life for a good while!

Not defending Horner, but the messages are probably quite selective and might not tell the whole story. Doubt Red Bull would suspend her and not Horner at the moment if there wasn’t more to this than we’re aware of.

33 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Doubt Red Bull would suspend her and not Horner at the moment if there wasn’t more to this than we’re aware of.

Have you never seen the history of rich, powerful men and huge companies? 

We certainly don't know the full story but Horner definitely shouldn't have kept his job, just based purely on the messages that are publicly available. 

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Why wasn't it The Karcrashians though if that's the pun he's going for? 

If I had to guess I assume an editor somewhere thought they had to make it a bit more obvious by having the first syllable be Car because people are largely thick. 

But it doesn't really matter does it. We all get the joke. 

The way Red Bull have handled all this is so bad. If you're a sponser, you can't be happy with this.

Today you've got Horner saying we need to draw a line under this and move on. Then they do this. Why on earth do you suspend a woman who has accused her boss of harassment the day before International Women's Day and at the start of a race weekend.

The only way this makes sense to me is if she's decided to take legal action against Red Bull and her lawyers have waited till right now to tell Red Bull. Which would be quite clever. Cause I think then they'd probably have to suspend her on full pay.