Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2024

Probably time for a change. Sure, he’s a good guy, but they were awful last year. They can’t do any worse under Komatsu. 

Bit tin foil hat from Damon Hill suggesting Gene got rid of Gunther because he’s jealous of the attention he gets though. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Spanish GP moving to a “street circuit” in Madrid from 2026.

Hopefully be better than Valencia was .

https://sportgrill.co.uk/2024/01/23/madrid-joins-f1-calendar-from-2026-season-onwards/

Another street circuit :dry:. The track looks rubbish.

Barcelona Isn't the greatest of circuits but I've enjoyed going there. Cheap and easy to get to. 

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

All that good work he put in developing the Merc has gone well then.

He can take all those secrets to Ferrari. Lovely! 

I don't think it's a horrible move for Mercedes though to be honest. There comes a point where the sentiment of 'getting Lewis that 8th title' becomes a burden more than a motivation. Focus on George, bring in Ocon as #2. They'll be fine. 

4 minutes ago, Asha said:

He can take all those secrets to Ferrari. Lovely! 

I don't think it's a horrible move for Mercedes though to be honest. There comes a point where the sentiment of 'getting Lewis that 8th title' becomes a burden more than a motivation. Focus on George, bring in Ocon as #2. They'll be fine. 

Its very childish i know but everytime i see @Asha name pop up in my head i end up singing Brimful of Asha on the 45....sorry!

Lewis is no fool.

He knows if he were to win Ferrari’s first driver championship since 2007 (Kimi) he attains unquestionable legendary status.

Of course that does require Leclerc to miss this season and then Lewis beating him once in seat - but of course he’s going to back himself to do that.

29 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Lewis is no fool.

He knows if he were to win Ferrari’s first driver championship since 2007 (Kimi) he attains unquestionable legendary status.

Of course that does require Leclerc to miss this season and then Lewis beating him once in seat - but of course he’s going to back himself to do that.

I think it's unanimously agreed in F1 that Max cruises to the next two titles and let's hope for the best in 2026.

3 minutes ago, Asha said:

I think it's unanimously agreed in F1 that Max cruises to the next two titles and let's hope for the best in 2026.

Same thought here. The restriction on development to curb costs means whoever nails new regs year 1 generally dominates until the new rules. RB '11-'13, Merc 14-21 and likely RB 22-26.

Mercedes nor Ferrari will likely challenge until new rules are in so he might as well tick the Ferrari box before clearing off. 

Can't see this ending well. Ferrari don't like drivers that are critical of the team and beating a prime Leclerc will be a tough ask. Fair play for giving it a go though.

This opens up the option to fast-track Kimi Antonelli into Merc for 2025, should he have an exceptional rookie season in F2.