Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2024

27 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

He won a race in the rain. When he’s away on f1 duty he races on a laptop with a gamepad style controller. 

Don't you just hate him. 

• Haha 1

Didn't see any of Bahrain due to City, watched 17 laps yesterday and just switched off. If anything it's getting worse. The gap the Red Bulls have is the biggest I recall any team having. With the rest of the pack behind, it is just a procession.

On a positive from the the two race weekends, F2 is still brilliant to watch. More overtakes and battling in the 28 laps earlier yesterday than the whole F1 race.

8 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Didn't see any of Bahrain due to City, watched 17 laps yesterday and just switched off. If anything it's getting worse. The gap the Red Bulls have is the biggest I recall any team having. With the rest of the pack behind, it is just a procession.

On a positive from the the two race weekends, F2 is still brilliant to watch. More overtakes and battling in the 28 laps earlier yesterday than the whole F1 race.

Funny I thought F2 hasn't been as good this season so far lol particularly the Bahrain feature. Yesterday was decent though 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Leclerc does some sim racing on the side too. 

Most of them do. Shared a session with Oscar Piastri a while back. 

For Max to win in the rain against similarly matched opponents on a controller is insane. To do that until 4am and then win the GP too.

On 10/03/2024 at 09:17, snoopy87 said:

My way of watching F1 for the past 2 years has been: Max makes it through the first corner or lap 1 unscathed? Turn it off. 

No point watching this sport at the minute when the only remote bit of racing we get is a handful of DRS overtakes for P12. 

Said it before but there is not one aspect to last year's Red Bull car (and seemingly this year even more so) that is second to anybody. Straight line speed, tyre wear, reliability, downforce, you name it they're the best at it. Got the current best driver on the grid who the team all get behind unashamedly, their strategy is spot on, quickest pit stops, and you don't get late safety cars anymore which is how Red Bull stole a few wins in the Mercedes era. On the odd occasion 2nd place has a chance to stick their nose down the inside or even around the outside of T1 on lap 1, they back out of it. Race over. In Mercedes' era they were vulnerable at tracks where engine power is less important, we don't tune in anymore thinking we will have a race on our hands this this weekend because it suits another car better.

Years ago even if Hamilton was driving off into the distance there were situations happening in races which would turn it on it's head somewhat. Tell me I'm wrong but I don't recall a time since 2022 that Red Bull have been shat on or tested in that regard (except perhaps Zandvoort 2022 when Tsunoda earned his RB paycheck)

Anybody saying last year was better than any of the 14-20 seasons is lying through their teeth lol Don't think you saw any Red Bulls on TV at the weekend through the middle part of the race while they were focusing on the battle for 12th, which says everything. They sacrifice qualifying pace so they're beyond comfortable in the race, and not only are they still getting pole by 0.3s but they're not even running at full capacity in the race lol

Edited by Stinkenzo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yup, hard to argue with any of the above. It's poor viewing. Bearman and some mildly interesting Haas tactics aside, Saudi was a hideous race.

This season and its 24 races are gonna be a real grind. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2024 at 10:33, Stinkenzo said:

Said it before but there is not one aspect to last year's Red Bull car (and seemingly this year even more so) that is second to anybody. Straight line speed, tyre wear, reliability, downforce, you name it they're the best at it. Got the current best driver on the grid who the team all get behind unashamedly, their strategy is spot on, quickest pit stops, and you don't get late safety cars anymore which is how Red Bull stole a few wins in the Mercedes era. On the odd occasion 2nd place has a chance to stick their nose down the inside or even around the outside of T1 on lap 1, they back out of it. Race over. In Mercedes' era they were vulnerable at tracks where engine power is less important, we don't tune in anymore thinking we will have a race on our hands this this weekend because it suits another car better.

Years ago even if Hamilton was driving off into the distance there were situations happening in races which would turn it on it's head somewhat. Tell me I'm wrong but I don't recall a time since 2022 that Red Bull have been shat on or tested in that regard (except perhaps Zandvoort 2022 when Tsunoda earned his RB paycheck)

Anybody saying last year was better than any of the 14-20 seasons is lying through their teeth lol Don't think you saw any Red Bulls on TV at the weekend through the middle part of the race while they were focusing on the battle for 12th, which says everything. They sacrifice qualifying pace so they're beyond comfortable in the race, and not only are they still getting pole by 0.3s but they're not even running at full capacity in the race lol

You are wrong to some extent, that early Mercedes dominance was as a dominant as this, what made it somewhat compelling was the Rosberg Lewis dynamic. After that went, it got dull again, we then got treated to Max vs Lewis and it’s got dull again. Sports been on its arse since 2012, and it’s a lack of variety and too much stability on the grid from my point of view. It does feel like we’re just waiting for 2026 to mix things up, but if I had to put money on it, someone wins big and we get another balance of power to another team rather than a somewhat competitive championship. Last season was probably the least I’ve watched, partly cause I’m other side of world but partly cause I can’t be arsed lol the fact they keep extending these calendars doesn’t help whatsoever, even if you had reliability issues if you’re the top dogs it’d be way easier to pull back and then when you’re in a situation like now where it’s red bull Merc twatting everyone and you’ve got to watch it on 24 different tracks and the vast majority of them being soulless street circuits 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You are wrong to some extent, that early Mercedes dominance was as a dominant as this, what made it somewhat compelling was the Rosberg Lewis dynamic. After that went, it got dull again, we then got treated to Max vs Lewis and it’s got dull again. Sports been on its arse since 2012, and it’s a lack of variety and too much stability on the grid from my point of view. It does feel like we’re just waiting for 2026 to mix things up, but if I had to put money on it, someone wins big and we get another balance of power to another team rather than a somewhat competitive championship. Last season was probably the least I’ve watched, partly cause I’m other side of world but partly cause I can’t be arsed lol the fact they keep extending these calendars doesn’t help whatsoever, even if you had reliability issues if you’re the top dogs it’d be way easier to pull back and then when you’re in a situation like now where it’s red bull Merc twatting everyone and you’ve got to watch it on 24 different tracks and the vast majority of them being soulless street circuits 

The pseudo-ban on in-season development caused this bore fest we've had since 2012.  Be nice if 2026 regs allowed 50% spend up front on development and the remaining over the season.  Gives teams the chance to copy/paste other teams innovation and actually claw the gap quicker as opposed to spending a few pennies during the off season and picking from this daft token system.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zear0 said:

The pseudo-ban on in-season development caused this bore fest we've had since 2012.  Be nice if 2026 regs allowed 50% spend up front on development and the remaining over the season.  Gives teams the chance to copy/paste other teams innovation and actually claw the gap quicker as opposed to spending a few pennies during the off season and picking from this daft token system.

I’d get rid of the cost cap all together tbh, I don’t see the purpose of it. Only thing it’ll do and is doing is retaining the status quo as much as possible. Think you’re spot on about the token system as well, largely pointless 

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Bit unfortunate for Sargeant at a time when he needs to impress.

Seems a bit unfair it was Albon who crashed and wrecked the chassis.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3

On 22/03/2024 at 10:10, Facecloth said:

Seems a bit unfair it was Albon who crashed and wrecked the chassis.

Yes guess so but all comes down to who might get them more points potentially - which is unlikely.

Perez has been demoted to 6th on the grid from 3rd so might not be a Red Bull 1-2 for once .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

YES BOYS! 1-2! FORZA FERRARI! :appl:

What a race!

Carlos incredible! Has surgery, comes back and wins. Based on this season so far, can’t say Hamilton for Sainz looks like an improvement at all.