Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

MLS SEASON 2024

My local side, Charlotte FC now managed by Dean Smith opened their season with a 1-0 win in front of a crowd of about 62,000. They were very disciplined at the back and hard to break down. Improvements to be made in attack but a decent start, I guess.. most of the crowd in the lower tier were well up for it..

Below is a bit of a pre-match thingy they do..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MPH said:

My local side, Charlotte FC now managed by Dean Smith opened their season with a 1-0 win in front of a crowd of about 62,000. They were very disciplined at the back and hard to break down. Improvements to be made in attack but a decent start, I guess.. most of the crowd in the lower tier were well up for it..

Below is a bit of a pre-match thingy they do..

I love how the stewards are doing it too lol.  

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I love how the stewards are doing it too lol.  

lol

Its going to be a good season at Charlotte  with some very interesting signings- also and the Leicester connection just keeps growing with Dean Smiths appointment!

if I was a betting man I’d put some money on  a career ending couple of seasons for Albrighton!

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

New rules: 

Off-Field Treatment Rule

The Off-Field Treatment Rule allows medical professionals with time to assess and treat players off the field of play in a less pressurized environment.

If a player with a suspected injury remains on the ground for more than 15 seconds, the referee will stop play and wave the medical crew onto the field to evaluate the player. When safe, the player will be removed from the field and remain off the field for a minimum of two minutes for further assessment and treatment.

First implemented in MLS NEXT Pro midway through the 2022 season and continued through the entirety of the 2023 season, the Off-Field Treatment Rule has allowed medical staffs time to treat players, while also allowing match play to resume quickly.

Exceptions to the Off-Field Treatment Rule include instances of potential head injury, goalkeeper injuries, serious medical events, and fouls resulting in yellow or red cards.

Timed Substitution Rule

Maximizing effective match time, the Timed Substitution Rule requires that a substituted player exit the field within 10 seconds. Failure to exit from any point on the field within the 10 seconds will cause the incoming player to wait for a 60-second holding period, before entering the game at the next stoppage. During the holding period and prior to the substitute entering, the team will play down a player. Exceptions to the rule include injury and goalkeeper substitutions.

Enacted in MLS NEXT Pro during the 2023 season, 99.7% of the more than 3,200 substitutions were completed in 10 seconds or less.

In-Stadium VAR Announcements

VAR decisions will be explained and announced by the referee to fans in stadium and broadcast viewers at home.

8 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

New rules: 

Off-Field Treatment Rule

The Off-Field Treatment Rule allows medical professionals with time to assess and treat players off the field of play in a less pressurized environment.

If a player with a suspected injury remains on the ground for more than 15 seconds, the referee will stop play and wave the medical crew onto the field to evaluate the player. When safe, the player will be removed from the field and remain off the field for a minimum of two minutes for further assessment and treatment.

First implemented in MLS NEXT Pro midway through the 2022 season and continued through the entirety of the 2023 season, the Off-Field Treatment Rule has allowed medical staffs time to treat players, while also allowing match play to resume quickly.

Exceptions to the Off-Field Treatment Rule include instances of potential head injury, goalkeeper injuries, serious medical events, and fouls resulting in yellow or red cards.

Timed Substitution Rule

Maximizing effective match time, the Timed Substitution Rule requires that a substituted player exit the field within 10 seconds. Failure to exit from any point on the field within the 10 seconds will cause the incoming player to wait for a 60-second holding period, before entering the game at the next stoppage. During the holding period and prior to the substitute entering, the team will play down a player. Exceptions to the rule include injury and goalkeeper substitutions.

Enacted in MLS NEXT Pro during the 2023 season, 99.7% of the more than 3,200 substitutions were completed in 10 seconds or less.

In-Stadium VAR Announcements

VAR decisions will be explained and announced by the referee to fans in stadium and broadcast viewers at home.

mixed feelings…

I can see the idea.. stop the  time wasting, reduce added time.. 

but do we NEED such changes?