Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simster

Roma Away

20 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

We evidently have different ideas of what makes a competition great. I'm talking from the perspective of a fan who follows their team around Europe, the conference league is unrivalled. Randers is the best draw we've ever had. Did you go to any of the European games out of interest? Most of your comments mirror armchair man united fans who only care about winning (and calling competitions tinpot etc) rather than the experience of going to games. I think an unfortunate side effect of our success is that we'll see an increasing number of those type of fans, which could be linked to the crap atmosphere in recent years.

Forest biggest game of the season by far is mental, was an FA cup fourth round tie. We'll play forest again multiple times in the coming years. How many semi finals of a major European competition are we going to have in our lives? It's a major competition whether you like it or not by the way, look what winning it meant to Roma and West Ham.

As for there's no one we should have lost to, it's cup football; the best team doesn't always progress. That's why it's so good.

No worries mate we can disagree. I live in Nottingham and that game means everything and if the players on that pitch gave anything like I would have in that match that wouldn't have happened. I am still disgusted at what the club was last season and the years leading up to it. I'm not sure we are actually rid of the issues. Only time will tell.

I'm glad you enjoyed our European trips. I'm glad someone enjoyed that time. I just couldn't wait for that weasel to end his self preservation PR campaign and for us to start again. 

On 28/02/2024 at 12:49, Permafrost said:

I chose to get the organised coaches that were laid on for us from the Villa Borghese park (as per the one in the infamous clip). Not sure if they have been organised for your fans?

They were fine. It meant getting to the stadium a good two hours before ko, which is not my usual style, but to be honest, mixing, chatting, singing and drinking with fans on the concourse the time soon passed. About four different checkpoints before you can get into stadium (passports/tickets/searches) which felt a bit draconian, but just have to comply and there's no issues.

As other have mentioned, bit of trouble at the end in the ground, but nothing major really.

Quite late by the time you're bussed back to Termini station.

I made a 4-day break of it because I'd never been to Rome, and had a good time.

Enjoy! You never know when you might be able to go on these European jaunts again.

Do they check ID for everyone or just random? Asking for a friend😉 🤫

On 01/03/2024 at 23:50, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah agree with most of your assessment. I had far higher expectations for PSV, wondered if the acoustics were a bit of a problem but then I remember it having a couple of decent moments. Copenhagen were loud, them and Atletico the best in the CL. Sevilla's ultras boycotted against us, think they'd have possibly been the best if they hadn't, that place looks a pit at times. Spain seems to be quite bad for league games but has a real high ceiling in Europe.

Ah yes, I remember that about the Seville ultras now! I think Spain is consistently pretty poor, but has the ability to really pop off for a big game. it's kind of the opposite of Germany which is consistently very good, but you don't get those catchy chants and full stadium lift offs.

I think Italy has the best balance of both which is why it’s my favourite for atmosphere.

On 03/03/2024 at 09:19, Permafrost said:

They checked everyone. Very thoroughly too.

Our tickets are print out; were yours? 

Thinking, get a ticket off someone who can't go anymore; change the name on the print out ticket to mine using a PDF editor, bosh matches the passport? 

Surely a stroke of genius, or do they scan paper tickets at checkpoints to see if it matches?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, POP_TONEZ said:

Our tickets are print out; were yours? 

Thinking, get a ticket off someone who can't go anymore; change the name on the print out ticket to mine using a PDF editor, bosh matches the passport? 

Surely a stroke of genius, or do they scan paper tickets at checkpoints to see if it matches?

my mate got through with this (used a pdf editor too) only thing he did was scan the original at the gate to ensure it scanned properly with the barcode etc then put it back in his pocket and got out the 'fake one' to show his name matching again. Was relatively straight forward although i was glad my one was genuine save the stresslol

1 minute ago, SickoDicko said:

my mate got through with this (used a pdf editor too) only thing he did was scan the original at the gate to ensure it scanned properly with the barcode etc then put it back in his pocket and got out the 'fake one' to show his name matching again. Was relatively straight forward although i was glad my one was genuine save the stresslol

I don't understand why he had to have one with someone else name on it? Surely the edited one with his name would have still scanned no?

8 minutes ago, POP_TONEZ said:

I don't understand why he had to have one with someone else name on it? Surely the edited one with his name would have still scanned no?

More than likely but the barcode moved ever so slightly on the edited one so just to make sure he took the original print too. Pretty sure it was ID check, ticket scan, ID check and about 5 searches could be wrong on this though.

I just changed the name on the original PDF for my mate at Roma, cost him 15 cents to get it printed at a print shop, surely the cheapest non-free European semi-final ticket ever.

21 hours ago, Stadt said:

I just changed the name on the original PDF for my mate at Roma, cost him 15 cents to get it printed at a print shop, surely the cheapest non-free European semi-final ticket ever.

Can I ask,  I imagine you both used the same code on the ticket to scan. Was there any trouble when your mates one wasn’t scanning as you’d used it already?

21 minutes ago, POP_TONEZ said:

Can I ask,  I imagine you both used the same code on the ticket to scan. Was there any trouble when your mates one wasn’t scanning as you’d used it already?

From what i gathered over there, they are not really arsed about who's ID was on what. If i remember correctly they didn't even check it. Not sure if Brighton are doing collections on tickets but i'd imagine they would be more observing of that

11 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

From what i gathered over there, they are not really arsed about who's ID was on what. If i remember correctly they didn't even check it. Not sure if Brighton are doing collections on tickets but i'd imagine they would be more observing of that

My experience with Italy is that they are pretty arsed. It even occurs in the home ends 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POP_TONEZ said:

Our club make us pick up tickets and show your ID, he had a ticket in someone else's name. I just changed the ticket to match his name.

On 29/02/2024 at 14:16, Sir Steve Howard said:

What they used to be? PSV currently smashing the Eredivisie and Roma made the final of the Europa League the year after winning Conference League.

It seems like your enjoyment of being in Europe - the highlight of supporting a club in my opinion and something many fans never get to experience - was tainted by you seeing the club declining from the previous years of challenging for the top 4. That's unfortunate.

Don't understand why you're looking down your nose at the conference league, it was and still is class, especially for match going fans. Rodgers can go fvck himself the arrogant moron.

I think the conference league as a competition is great but we qualified for it by failing miserably in The Europa League and that was hard to accept when we should’ve qualified easily through the group stage. I don’t think failure should be rewarded by entry into another competition and that’s the flaw with the European cup system in place from the Champions League downwards.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

I think the conference league as a competition is great but we qualified for it by failing miserably in The Europa League and that was hard to accept when we should’ve qualified easily through the group stage. I don’t think failure should be rewarded by entry into another competition and that’s the flaw with the European cup system in place from the Champions League downwards.

Exactly this was my point. 

For so many of us to see what was happening and how badly we were failing - and Rodgers to end the season with his recap of "8th and a Euro semi" was appealing just to the mainstream media. Not one fan who'd witnessed how badly we had underperformed after he'd been given that budget could believe him summarising it like that. But that's Rodgers. It's how he's survived. 

Look at him now trying to have people believe the media have a vendetta against Celtic. Awful.

• Like 2