Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Who would you rather went up with us automatically?

4 hours ago, WorcesterBlue said:

Tractor boy here.

First congratulations to the foxes.

I have said on here before that my choice was Town and Foxes for top two.

Thanks for the good wishes that are on here.

Obviously I want us to be champions. Would be happy for Ipswich to go up automatically too. Their rise back up the divisions is impressive and the recovery from going out of the cup was good too. Remember the brilliant sides under Bobby Robson and would be very welcome to see back in top flight. 

5 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

As we all want Ipswich, here’s a hypothetical for you:

Leicester Champions and Leeds 2nd

or

Ipswich Champions and Leicester 2nd

Option 1 every day. Our success above anything else.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Ipswich full deserve their position but I don’t understand this part of it (that’s been said all season). Ipswich completely outspent everyone when they were in League 1 for a number of years - including spending over a million on a single player. The chip on the shoulder about ‘yeah but we haven’t spent our way’ isn’t justified when in consideration of this. 

Basically, there is the assumption. you need loads of money to get out of the championship - seen so many comments about it (mainly from Leeds fans) and how the squads of Leics< leeds and Soton are worth significantly more than ours.  Not a dig about parachute payments but squad value.  The most we have paid for a player is £1.5 so (in my naive mind) shows that you can do well with clever investment. Hope that makes sense?

3 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

Basically, there is the assumption. you need loads of money to get out of the championship - seen so many comments about it (mainly from Leeds fans) and how the squads of Leics< leeds and Soton are worth significantly more than ours.  Not a dig about parachute payments but squad value.  The most we have paid for a player is £1.5 so (in my naive mind) shows that you can do well with clever investment. Hope that makes sense?

My view is, being well run (and you clearly have been very very well run) comes ahead of spending lots of money. 

The exception comes with sustaining a challenge to the rich 6 in the Prem but even we did it on a show string comparatively for one year. Look at the likes of Brighton and Brentford.

A player is worth what their performances and ability prove, not always the purchase cost. Is Faes worth £15 mill? Hell no, I could find a Donkey on Skeggy beach that would hold a better defensive position that him. Remember we know this more than anyone, Vardy and Mahrez for £1.4 mill combined. They turned out to be worth a tad more didn’t they!

I want Ipswich to come up. You deserve it over the season. You’re a good club with a strong loyal fan base and after the few years you had, it is a good story. And it’s not because I think you’ll be fodder next season or for the reason of ‘anyone but Leeds’.

But I have said it before, a section of your support have a massive chip on the shoulder and it’d be a much better look to shed that. I’m sick of seeing your fans spewing the same shite about us being cheats which has made me waver on whether I wanted you to come up but ultimately, that is probably not reflective of your overall support.