Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Who would you rather went up with us automatically?

Ipswich absolutely deserve it, and then West Brom from the play offs, who I was very impressed with last week, and will take some beating!

I quite like Southampton, ive spent time there, and found it to be a nice place with friendly people, but unfortunately they have Brussel Martin as manager.

A bit bored with Norwich going up and down in recent years, and Leeds are Leeds!

Ultimately though, anyone but Leeds!

Tractor boy here.

First congratulations to the foxes.

I have said on here before that my choice was Town and Foxes for top two.

Thanks for the good wishes that are on here.

I don't want the Budgies to go up. In fact it you could just arrange that they get relegated next year to Div 1 and then Div 2 the year after all will be well.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

As we all want Ipswich, here’s a hypothetical for you:

Leicester Champions and Leeds 2nd

or

Ipswich Champions and Leicester 2nd

I don't like that hypothetical

47 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

or

Ipswich and Leicester by a mile. The championship title while nice is ultimately meaningless, we've won the Prem and FA cup.

52 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

or

Leeds have irritated me so much this season I genuinely don’t know if I wouldn’t take option 2 with them not getting promoted.

• Like 1

Ipswich. Back to back promotions rarely happen and it has been a great story this season as it's not like they are being massively bankrolled to do it. They'd be in a tricky position because hard to build a squad that fast so interesting to see how they approach it.

West Brom are the side of the rest that impress me most often. Don't want Leeds or Norwich to go up. Hull would be a fun team to go up, could definitely root for them to cause some upsets. Don't really care about Southampton either way.

17 minutes ago, brucey said:

Ipswich deserve it clearly. But I want the weakest teams possible to go up with us, which I don't think they are under McKenna. 

Ipswich will become toast quite quickly next season. Leeds or Southampton would actually fair much better.

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ipswich will become toast quite quickly next season. Leeds or Southampton would actually fair much better.

Southampton would get eaten alive in their current state. Not just the style of play and defensive frailties, but aside from 1 or 2 players the squad is full of individuals who have failed to cut it at premier league level previously.

They'd need to recruit heavily, and even then, they're still managed by Brussel.

Edited by martyn

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I genuinely believe Southampton would do worse than Norwich/WBA. They got relegated by a fair margin last time, lost players since then, have a tactically inept manager, and have been flat track bullies all season, failing to perform against any half decent team. They'd be the only team I'd be confident of finishing above even with a sizeable points deduction. 

I don't like Leeds, but they are a known entity and Farke has a record of doing well in the Championship then failing in the PL. 

Ipswich has been very close to us all season with their upper-mid table Championship budget, I dread to think what they can do with a full PL budget, and I am least comfortable about finishing above them after our points deduction. 

1 minute ago, brucey said:

I genuinely believe Southampton would do worse than Norwich/WBA. They got relegated by a fair margin last time, lost players since then, have a tactically inept manager, and have been flat track bullies all season, failing to perform against any half decent team. They'd be the only team I'd be confident of finishing above even with a sizeable points deduction. 

I don't like Leeds, but they are a known entity and Farke has a record of doing well in the Championship then failing in the PL. 

Ipswich has been very close to us all season with their upper-mid table Championship budget, I dread to think what they can do with a full PL budget, and I am least comfortable about finishing above them after our points deduction. 

Leeds / Southampton have recent PL experience, although i did forget about the Russell Martin factor. I would think if they went up they would get rid of him pretty quickly. The squads on the whole are much more mature when it comes to knowing what they need to deal with.

Ipswich have been able to battle valiantly against a lot of the Championship dross. No way do they get to play like that week in week out in the PL. They will burn out pretty quickly unless they make some pretty decent signings. 

4 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

Congrats on promotion - fully deserved.  If you want to be champions, I don't really care - just desperately hope we can get the five points and follow you.  What a dream that would be - back to back promotions and proof that you dont need millions and something many of our fans havent seen. Oh, and to laugh at Leeds is an added bonus.

Ipswich full deserve their position but I don’t understand this part of it (that’s been said all season). Ipswich completely outspent everyone when they were in League 1 for a number of years - including spending over a million on a single player. The chip on the shoulder about ‘yeah but we haven’t spent our way’ isn’t justified when in consideration of this. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

We have to have WBA in the prem. Vards would love that. 

But 100% want Ipswich to go up with us. Let's face it, out of the 3 teams, they deserve it by just how good they have been and just kept with the pace. Though Im also 100% convinced that if we hadn't gone up, we'll definitely feel different :P

I hate Leeds' arrogance and that stupid dance after they played us. "We're a big club!" No, mate Leeds were, they are not now!! 

Edited by fox_favourite

14 hours ago, Pita said:

Ipswich with Norwich would be magic 

This. Norwich are cannon fodder in the Prem and I don't think Ipswich can get many Prem wins from deflections and 98th min goals. Also a Solanke-less Bournemouth and Toney-less Brentford would be struggling too.

3 hours ago, Blarmy said:

Leeds have irritated me so much this season I genuinely don’t know if I wouldn’t take option 2 with them not getting promoted.

Leeds have been vile this season. Just hearing their name makes me grind my teeth. 

• Like 1