Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Kisnorbo up for it!

A little different Anish.

Keane and Scholes are hardly Gudjonsson and Wesolowski. In fact, Keane and Scholes are more like giants compared to Gudjonsson and Wesolowski. Plus, in a real midfield battle, I'd fancy Keane to knock down most players in English football. I could not say the same about Gudjonsson or Wesolowski.

Chalk and cheese, let's compare them. Discuss

How many times have you even seen Wesolowski play? Give him a chance before writing him off. It's not like 'big boy' Kisnorbo wins the midfield battle every game, despite his more physical appearance and style.

Keane and Scholes are not exactly the biggest of players, but they still managed to reach the pinnacle of English football in the centre of midfield. Size isn't everything.

That's not what I've been told :whistle:

Many people are suggesting a "dream partnership" of Joey and Wesolowski in the centre of midfield.

I saw Wesolowski in town today and was surprised at how small he actually is. I am now of the opinion that him and Joey would not have enough of a physical presence (in height terms) to help us compete. It would be like watching wildlife on one. Two gophers charging around the pitch.

I would've thought most peoples' dream team was Weso & Hughes, not that Hughes is a tower of strength. As for Weso I've not seen him play but from what Ric and others have said he's well capable of looking after himself and the midfield, provided ****** isn't playing ;)

How many times have you even seen Wesolowski play? Give him a chance before writing him off. It's not like 'big boy' Kisnorbo wins the midfield battle every game, despite his more physical appearance and style.

Oh Jesus H....

I have not written him off.

I have merely suggested that a midfield partnership with Gudjonsson is not the best for our team. They could be the best two midfield players in our squad, but I am of the opinion that two small players together in the centre is not good for the team.

Whilst it is harder for a small player to make it in the game, it is not an individual hindrence to success (top players like Keegan come to mind). However, when I try to think of successful teams who played two small players in a partnership (either upfront, or in midfield, etc), I cannot name one. (Note: I do not consider Keane to actually be that small)

On another note, I am sure Kisnorbo is more than happy to be referred to as 'big boy' Kisnorbo.

I would've thought most peoples' dream team was Weso & Hughes, not that Hughes is a tower of strength. As for Weso I've not seen him play but from what Ric and others have said he's well capable of looking after himself and the midfield, provided ****** isn't playing ;)

I was going to say that I think we will see Wesolowski eased into the team alongside Kisnorbo or Hughes. As you say, Hughes is not man mountain, but it helps to have someone a little bit taller than 5 foot eight (which incidentally, both Wesolowski and Gudjonsson are).

Many people are suggesting a "dream partnership" of Joey and Wesolowski in the centre of midfield.

I saw Wesolowski in town today and was surprised at how small he actually is. I am now of the opinion that him and Joey would not have enough of a physical presence (in height terms) to help us compete. It would be like watching wildlife on one. Two gophers charging around the pitch.

There's no need for heightism, not on this forum. :whistle:

I was going to say that I think we will see Wesolowski eased into the team alongside Kisnorbo or Hughes. As you say, Hughes is not man mountain, but it helps to have someone a little bit taller than 5 foot eight (which incidentally, both Wesolowski and Gudjonsson are).

I agree there, Hughes is class Levein knows this and when fully fit it'll be a crime to leave him out. I think His preferred partnership Kisnorbo and Hughes but with the way Joey isn playing atm it is gong to be hard for any of tese to beak through because in all fairnees Cl won't Drop Kisnorbo. I'd prefer to see a three amn caentral midfield of Weso, Hughes and Joey. won't happen though.

You might be right, but only if your talking about aerial battles. Hopefully we will be playing a style of football that doesn't by-pass the midfield and result in our central midfielders getting embroiled in a heading fest in the middle of the park.

If your talking about midfield battles in general, Weso is one of the strongest lads i've seen play considering his size and age. Nothing fazes him and part of that probably resulted in his broken leg as most players wouldn't dare commit to a tackle like he did. His phyisque and nature of his football also caused Hughes a 2 month injury in pre-season thanks to a 50-50 challenge. I'm not saying any of the above is anything to be proud of but one thing Wesolowski will never lack is the power and mental attitude in a midfield battle. He's built like a brick shit house, just the ceiling of this shit house isn't very high.

PS Is Weso walking freely now or is he limping like Kisnorbo?

You might be right, but only if your talking about aerial battles. Hopefully we will be playing a style of football that doesn't by-pass the midfield and result in our central midfielders getting embroiled in a heading fest in the middle of the park.

If your talking about midfield battles in general, Weso is one of the strongest lads i've seen play considering his size and age. Nothing fazes him and part of that probably resulted in his broken leg as most players wouldn't dare commit to a tackle like he did. His phyisque and nature of his football also caused Hughes a 2 month injury in pre-season thanks to a 50-50 challenge. I'm not saying any of the above is anything to be proud of but one thing Wesolowski will never lack is the power and mental attitude in a midfield battle. He's built like a brick shit house, just the ceiling of this shit house isn't very high.

PS Is Weso walking freely now or is he limping like Kisnorbo?

I am only talking about the aerial battles. I do not doubt his ability to run into a brickwall headfirst (He is an Aussie after all - Yes, I'll get heightist and Aussiest too). If he is half the player you suggest, he will be an extremely tidy player. Put him alongside someone slightly taller and bingo, that's a partnership. I'm just of the opinion that two small players in a partnership does not work so well, in that you lack aerial strength in the partnership.

Anyway, back to seeing Wesolowski in town. He was walking fine. It was one of those times when you recognise someone and think is that who I think it is. They then notice you, nod their head and confirm that it's them as if they get these looks all the time.

On a last note, my point about the height may be academic. I always thought you don't stop growing til about 20/21 so he could still grow a bit more to be Peter Crouch.

I am only talking about the aerial battles. I do not doubt his ability to run into a brickwall headfirst (He is an Aussie after all - Yes, I'll get heightist and Aussiest too). If he is half the player you suggest, he will be an extremely tidy player. Put him alongside someone slightly taller and bingo, that's a partnership. I'm just of the opinion that two small players in a partnership does not work so well, in that you lack aerial strength in the partnership.

Anyway, back to seeing Wesolowski in town. He was walking fine. It was one of those times when you recognise someone and think is that who I think it is. They then notice you, nod their head and confirm that it's them as if they get these looks all the time.

On a last note, my point about the height may be academic. I always thought you don't stop growing til about 20/21 so he could still grow a bit more to be Peter Crouch.

I'm surprised that many people know who he is, just shows what an impression he made on the city fans in pre-season.

Joey and Weso probably wouldn't work but I really hope it would as it would be a shame to have to sacrafice one of them. I originally dreamt of a Weso/Hughes partnership in the centre but I would like to see Hughes playing as a right sided midfielder alongside Weso and Joey with the devastating Smith on the left wing. Still might struggle in the air in midfield, but having said that I think only Kisnorbo out of our midfielders is useful in the air and I don't think he shiould be picked just because of that.

Under Adams in our promotion season when we played alot more direct and had alot more play in the air in the centre of the park we had the diminutive McKinlay and Izzet in midfield, neither of them were very good in the air either by their height or strength but it seemed to work.

Let's say, for the sake of whatever I'm getting at, that Wesolowski gets fully fit, impresses, finds his way into the squad and Gudjonsson isn't sold.

There would be two good attacking players, but nobody in the midfield behind them to tackle, so Levein would have to keep Make... I mean, Kisnorbo, in his defensive midfield slot. If Weso is the real deal and Levein can't figure out a way to keep him on the bench, do you think he'd consider switching to 3-5-2?

Let's say, for the sake of whatever I'm getting at, that Wesolowski gets fully fit, impresses, finds his way into the squad and Gudjonsson isn't sold.

There would be two good attacking players, but nobody in the midfield behind them to tackle, so Levein would have to keep Make... I mean, Kisnorbo, in his defensive midfield slot. If Weso is the real deal and Levein can't figure out a way to keep him on the bench, do you think he'd consider switching to 3-5-2?

I think the percieved senario is Weso as a defensive midfielder and Hughes in the attacking role.

Archived