Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Kisnorbo up for it!

While he's not spectacular, he's very important defensively.

When he fully adapts to this league, he'll be our new Lennon :)

He won't be because Wesolowski will play alongside Gudjonsson in the new year as Levein will struggle to drop Joey and he'll sturggler even firther to leave young Weso out.

Kisnorbo does a job, he still makes basic cardinal errors but he is quietly effective. Is he essential to our style of play though? I don't think so.

He won't be because Wesolowski will play alongside Gudjonsson in the new year as Levein will struggle to drop Joey and he'll sturggler even firther to leave young Weso out.

Kisnorbo does a job, he still makes basic cardinal errors but he is quietly effective. Is he essential to our style of play though? I don't think so.

This focus on Kisnorbo's so called errors puzzles me because I see all of our players making errors his don't seem to be any the worse, he's still new to that position, the team and the players, sure he may be boring, but that doesn't make him a bad player. We do need better and more options, but we need that in other positions.

Is he essential to our style of play though? - well if it means that Joey and the two fullbacks can play further up the pitch, leaving us with what amounts to 3 centrebacks, Hughes, Williams can't do it, Joey wasn't ever that good in there, lush would proffer Maybury?, Weso's injured and still unproven, then you could state that he is essential.

This anti Kisnorbo is out of all proportion in my opinion.

This focus on Kisnorbo's so called errors puzzles me because I see all of our players making errors his don't seem to be any the worse, he's still new to that position, the team and the players, sure he may be boring, but that doesn't make him a bad player. We do need better and more options, but we need that in other positions.

Is he essential to our style of play though? - well if it means that Joey and the two fullbacks can play further up the pitch, leaving us with what amounts to 3 centrebacks, Hughes, Williams can't do it, Joey wasn't ever that good in there, lush would proffer Maybury?, Weso's injured and still unproven, then you could state that he is essential.

He played in that role for Hearts do he's not 'new' to it at all. I've not necessarily said he does the role badly as he doesn't. The problem is he cannot pass the ball, which is something the team requires him to do because i've seen on many occasions him give the ball away needlessly. He could and should just make 2 yards passes and leave the rest to the rest of the team and when he does that and breaks up play he's quite efficient but when he does try and pass he gives the ball away which has led to the opposition going on the attack.

The one I recall the most was his raking 40 yard pass to absolutely nobody against Watford that lead to them counter attacking with 4 men against about 2 or 3 of ours.

He does offer us something different in terms of how he plays, as you say Williams and Hughes cannot play that role and Gudjonsson has now shown he's better in a different role but all i'll say is I don't think it's essential we have a player like Kisnorbo playing.

Wesolowski will show Levein that when he gets back, he's a combative midfielder that means he's got more armoury in his play than Kisnorbo and can offer us more than just sitting in infront of the back four which with our style of play isn't that essential.

He has also had experience at left-back and can assist Sheehan if he moves forward from time to time. The two cogged in quite well in a reserve match when Kisnorbo first arrived.

My main concern about him is giving the ball away when he's won it.

I'd much rather he kept things ultra simple and worked week-in, week out on getting his head up and still delivering accurate passes to feet. Let Sheehan and Maybury play the longer balls.

He has also had experience at left-back and can assist Sheehan if he moves forward from time to time. The two cogged in quite well in a reserve match when Kisnorbo first arrived.

My main concern about him is giving the ball away when he's won it.

I'd much rather he kept things ultra simple and worked week-in, week out on getting his head up and still delivering accurate passes to feet. Let Sheehan and Maybury play the longer balls.

:banghead:, In order for Sheehan to move foward or play longer balls he would first of all have to be in the first team.

I remember the Watford pass, but it seems to me there is an inconsistency in people's critiscism. Sure he has problems with some longer passes but a lot of the complaints on here are about his 'boring sideways/backwards passing.

As I've said I can think of several incidents from every player this season making some howler of or an ootragiously bad pass, but people accept that. I don't believe his passing accuracy is any worse than the majority of the team.

As for his Hearts performance I was led to believe that was spent mostly at fullback and centre back, but I can't be sure either way he's still needs time to aclimatise before I get on the Kisnorbo is the worst player at the club.

Davieg: The thing with Kisnorbo passing sideways/backwards the bugs people is that he is already positioned on the halfway line, which is where he plays as a defensive midfielder, and by passing sideways/backwards he is effectively doing nothing to help our attack. It's alright if he was spreading the ball further up the pitch i.e. halfway into the opposition half rather than on the halfway line, it wouldn't be so bad.

Anyway, I think Kisnorbo is half decent when we play away from home and need somebody to help protect the back 4. But when we are at home and the opposition comes to defend all game, Kisnorbo's weaknesses are magnified. Which has happened a lot this season. He can't pass forward and doesn't help the attackers when the opposition are sitting behind the ball. In effect he's doing nothing, and I'd rather see Hughes/Tiatto/Williams in the centre who will at least try to attack.

Personally, while I dont think that Kisnorbo is up to scratch for this league just yet, I think he needs some time to adjust and settle a bit more.

However, when Hughesy and Weso are back fully fit, he will struggle to keep his place down and will have to work much harder.

Many people are suggesting a "dream partnership" of Joey and Wesolowski in the centre of midfield.

I saw Wesolowski in town today and was surprised at how small he actually is. I am now of the opinion that him and Joey would not have enough of a physical presence (in height terms) to help us compete. It would be like watching wildlife on one. Two gophers charging around the pitch.

Many people are suggesting a "dream partnership" of Joey and Wesolowski in the centre of midfield.

I saw Wesolowski in town today and was surprised at how small he actually is. I am now of the opinion that him and Joey would not have enough of a physical presence (in height terms) to help us compete. It would be like watching wildlife on one. Two gophers charging around the pitch.

Keane and Scholes are not exactly the biggest of players, but they still managed to reach the pinnacle of English football in the centre of midfield. Size isn't everything.

Wildlife on one has gopher football matches on now!? I HAVE been out of touch!

Keane and Scholes are not exactly the biggest of players, but they still managed to reach the pinnacle of English football in the centre of midfield. Size isn't everything.

A little different Anish.

Keane and Scholes are hardly Gudjonsson and Wesolowski. In fact, Keane and Scholes are more like giants compared to Gudjonsson and Wesolowski. Plus, in a real midfield battle, I'd fancy Keane to knock down most players in English football. I could not say the same about Gudjonsson or Wesolowski.

Chalk and cheese, let's compare them. Discuss

Archived