Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Big Rab

How did he ever player for Celtic & Scotland?

What will it take for to CL realise that he needs to be dropped?

Is Henderson ready for 1st team action (how's he been playing for the reserves?)

Should we be concentrating on finding a keeper in January rather than a striker? (although still get a striker CL)

It's made me realise how good keepers like Walker, Keller, poole to a certain extent were. They might not have set the world alight, but you could rely on them to have a steady game and keep there school boy errors down to perhaps twice a season. With the flying cheese burger, this was increased to every other game and Rab instills more confidence in me than a plane with one wing that has a blind pilot with no arms and legs who is asleep.

I think the GK position is the most serious position we need to address at the moment.

come on CL, sort it out chum.

Is Henderson ready for 1st team action (how's he been playing for the reserves?)

Should we be concentrating on finding a keeper in January rather than a striker? (although still get a striker CL)

It's made me realise how good keepers like Walker, Keller, poole to a certain extent were. They might not have set the world alight, but you could rely on them to have a steady game and keep there school boy errors down to perhaps twice a season. With the flying cheese burger, this was increased to every other game and Rab instills more confidence in me than a plane with one wing that has a blind pilot with no arms and legs who is asleep.

I think the GK position is the most serious position we need to address at the moment.

I'm not defending Rab but Keller and Walker certainly had their dodgy moments!!

With only 9 teams having a better defensive record than us (29 against) and worst still only 6 teams have scored less goals (26 for), 5 of whom are below us then scoring goals has got to be the number one priority.

Admittedly we need to keep more clean sheets but I hardly think Rab was to blame for all 29 goals, I think with Hughes return to fitness, iminent availability of Weso and even the potential of Morris ( :rolleyes: ) the midfield will get better. I would actually like to see two strikers signed. A powerful header of the ball, although still comfortable with the ball at his feet and a goal poacher, someone who can hover in the box and put them in off his head, boot, knee, shin, back or arse or where ever.

We then need an established left back, maybe even a 'mature one', say 28/29 who can mentor Sheehan in the 'nasty' aspects of football.

With only 9 teams having a better defensive record than us (29 against) and worst still only 6 teams have scored less goals (26 for), 5 of whom are below us then scoring goals has got to be the number one priority.

Admittedly we need to keep more clean sheets but I hardly think Rab was to blame for all 29 goals, I think with Hughes return to fitness, iminent availability of Weso and even the potential of Morris ( :rolleyes: ) the midfield will get better. I would actually like to see two strikers signed. A powerful header of the ball, although still comfortable with the ball at his feet and a goal poacher, someone who can hover in the box and put them in off his head, boot, knee, shin, back or arse or where ever.

We then need an established left back, maybe even a 'mature one', say 28/29 who can mentor Sheehan in the 'nasty' aspects of football.

Good call :thumbup:

I know the defensive record isn't terrible, but if Leicester's not going to be banging them in at the other end, every goal against counts even more.

Rab Douglass doesn't really inspire much confidence. I really don't see how bringing Henderson in for at least a game would hurt the team.

The trouble with footy fans is they want their cake and eat (what a stupid saying but you know what i mean), on the one hand they criticise the manager for continually changing the team or not knowing his best team and in the next breath shout to drop someone.

The fact would appear to be that the goalkeeper, like it or not is one of the few consistent selections that CL has made.

You can't have it both ways.

The trouble with footy fans is they want their cake and eat (what a stupid saying but you know what i mean), on the one hand they criticise the manager for continually changing the team or not knowing his best team and in the next breath shout to drop someone.

The fact would appear to be that the goalkeeper, like it or not is one of the few consistent selections that CL has made.

You can't have it both ways.

I'm sure nobody would argue if Levein dropped Douglas (for once) ;)

I'm sure nobody would argue if Levein dropped Douglas (for once) ;)

Probably not, but then you need to add Sylla, Kisnorbo......... it's fun though isn't it :D

Because he was actually good at one point

I remember going up to see Celtic play a couple of years back and Douglas played brilliantly

But unfortunatly he is'nt that good now :(

Because he was actually good at one point

I remember going up to see Celtic play a couple of years back and Douglas played brilliantly

But unfortunatly he is'nt that good now :(

you probably saw him shot stopping (which I think he is a top keeper for) but the commanding of his area, crosses, rushing out has been terrible. If their was a game with no crosses, corners and one on ones, but 15 shots on target from the opposition, then rab would get MOTM every time.

ok Rab has made us blunders, but it was mainly the defences fault for leaving him to rush out of his goal in the first place.

As someone said earlier, we arent scoring enough and in this division if you score enough you go up :)

you mean like the 3-2 defeat vs stoke and the 2-2 draw with watford?

Yes, Rab has made mistakes, and looked dodgy in a number of games, but his performances have been highlighted simply because of the position we find ourselves in. If were around the top six, and scoring more goals, I'm sure he wouldn't be receiving half the criticsm.

I think the Sheffield United game at the start of the season set the tone for him. Ever since then, he's been used as a scapegoat for our inability to win games. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Henderson in goal, but I feel some of the criticism is a bit unfair, when in reality he's not been as bad as some make out.

One thing that does annoy the hell out of me though is when he rushes out of goal and goes to ground to claim the ball from an on-rushing forward. I think he's given two penalties away so far (Stoke and Sheffield United), and has been lucky not to give away more. He has a rush of blood to his head in those situations, very similar to a certain David James.

Archived