Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Tiatto To Get Stuck In

Danny Tiatto is ready to put a frustrating spell on the sidelines behind him and play his part in Leicester City's chaotic Christmas schedule. The club skipper admits that he has not enjoyed being a spectator in recent weeks, particularly when City have failed to take their rewards from games.

The combative midfielder has not started a Championship match since the trip to Derby on October 1.

Since then Tiatto has made five substitute appearances and started the Carling Cup games at Cardiff and Bolton.

Now manager Craig Levein is preparing to make full use of his squad as City face four games in eight days. And Tiatto says he is raring to "get stuck in" if and when called upon.

"Of course it's frustrating," said Tiatto. "When you are a professional footballer and you are on the sidelines, if you are not frustrated and you haven't got the passion or the desire to get out there then there's something wrong.

"But the team has been playing well, they have just not been getting the results.

"But I am ready, if I get the chance, to get stuck in and play my part for the team."

That opportunity could come on Boxing Day with the visit of Millwall.

Tiatto could be a candidate for the troublesome left-back position, with Alan Sheehan suspended for two games following his dismissal against Crewe.

"We have got a good squad and competition for places," said Tiatto.

"There are going to be a lot of games over a short period and the manager will be using everyone who he has available in the squad.

"I will be ready whenever the manager wants me to go out there and do a job.

"It's going to be important for us this Christmas period, we need to get as many points as we can on the board. There are so many games over this period it can really make a difference."

Those games start with Millwall, but Tiatto warned City can take nothing for granted against the Championship's bottom club.

The Lions are fighting for their lives and have the added incentive of wanting to impress new boss David Tuttle.

Tiatto added: "They are going to be well up for the game.

"They have had a tough time this season but it doesn't matter who you play or where they are in the league, they are all difficult games.

"We need to be 100-per-cent focused."

What does everyone think about him being a possibilty for left back?? I know it's not the greatest situation but at least he is left footed, has experience of playing there and will provide some balance, and be able to link up with Ryan Smith well.

i watched his last match for us (aussies) he came on to play at LB he was good going forward but did seem to be in the middle of the pitch more than down the left he also almost cost us a goal 2 or 3 times in the short space of time he was on

on his day and on his game yeah he can do a job for us but when he's having a off day .......he really can look lost clueless and slightly crazy

the other worry for me is that its been a long time between drinks for the lad so who's taking bets he does a hammy or somthing :whistle:

He was a **** disgrace today! I had a go at Sheehan for being immature and getting sent off against Crewe but Tiatto is old enough to know every trick in the book now, he'd already been booked but the cant help himself. Hes the captain of the side for fecks sake but adds nothing positive to the side at all. Get rid of the waster in January and get someone in with more than half a brain.

Theres commitment and then theres Danny Tiatto - feck off!

He was a **** disgrace today! I had a go at Sheehan for being immature and getting sent off against Crewe but Tiatto is old enough to know every trick in the book now, he'd already been booked but the cant help himself. Hes the captain of the side for fecks sake but adds nothing positive to the side at all. Get rid of the waster in January and get someone in with more than half a game.

Theres commitment and then theres Danny Tiatto - feck off!

He's always been a filthy player ask any City Fan.

I'd forget him going in January though. no one will pay money for a old, crazy, dirty, wank player. The best you can hope for is him going put on Loan.

I'd forget him going in January though. no one will pay money for a old, crazy, dirty, wank player. The best you can hope for is him going put on Loan.

If what you said by that is true the best we can hope is when Tiatto's contract runs out and LCFC refused to offer him a new one

Do anyone know when Tiatto's contract runs out?

I think any LEICESTER City fan is also fully aware of how much of a filthy player he is and thats one of the many reasons why I dislike him. I think if CL rings around the lower leagues tomorrow he will find many clubs wanting to take him off our hands.

Archived