Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

What Was with The Short Goal Kicks?

Anyone care to shed some light on this?

The first few times they were effective but then the Millwall players knew what was coming and nearly capitalised on this.

Fckin Annoying.

im suprised are players dont have repetative straighn injuries they keep doing the same things wrong game after the game

This may have been the situtation today because i didn't see Rab warming up before the game.

The first few times they were effective but then the Millwall players knew what was coming and nearly capitalised on this.

Fckin Annoying.

He must have an injury. :( <_<

I think it was because Millwall's defence were massive compared to our attackers, so if he lumped it forward we wouldn't have won any headers anyway.

Having said that, some of Douglas's kicking was awful even when he did try to hit it long. <_<

Fckin Annoying.

Not half as annoying as hoofing aimless balls up to their backline and loosing possession. Short passing to defenders and midfielders is a much more intelligent approach, admittedly you have to have defenders who are comfortable on the ball. There seems to be a certain section of the crowd who would be happy to see us return to hoofball and who take great pleasure in finding fault with EVERYTHING that Douglas does. Of course you may not be one of them :huh:

Not half as annoying as hoofing aimless balls up to their backline and loosing possession. Short passing to defenders and midfielders is a much more intelligent approach, admittedly you have to have defenders who are comfortable on the ball. There seems to be a certain section of the crowd who would be happy to see us return to hoofball and who take great pleasure in finding fault with EVERYTHING that Douglas does. Of course you may not be one of them :huh:

We might stand a better chance if we gave the ball away near the opponents goal rather than on the sixth pass in our own half. That isn't hoofball, that's quite intelligent actually.

We might stand a better chance if we gave the ball away near the opponents goal rather than on the sixth pass in our own half. That isn't hoofball, that's quite intelligent actually.

Sorry I don't understand how giving "the ball away near the opponents goal" can be deemed intelligent, so because one short pass didn't quite work out you would like us to go back to hoofing to their defenders at the same time as some of the fans were getting enjoyment from taking the piss out of their own goalkeeper. Well if that's the style of play and support you want to see heaven help us.

Sorry I don't understand how giving "the ball away near the opponents goal" can be deemed intelligent, so because one short pass didn't quite work out you would like us to go back to hoofing to their defenders at the same time as some of the fans were getting enjoyment from taking the piss out of their own goalkeeper. Well if that's the style of play and support you want to see heaven help us.

You assume too much DavieG. You surely can differenciate between a long pass and a hoof. It's not rocket science to see the advantages of playing the game in the opponents half. And when you a side as low on confidence as ours, a little bit more direct football wouldn't go amiss.

You assume too much DavieG. You surely can differenciate between a long pass and a hoof. It's not rocket science to see the advantages of playing the game in the opponents half. And when you a side as low on confidence as ours, a little bit more direct football wouldn't go amiss.

A long kick up to the oppo's defence is a hoof, always has been always will be, but if that's what some fans want and some appear to do so then ok, but I prefer a more suttle intelligent approach. If your idea of direct is Rab kicking it as far as he can then no I don't want to see it and I can't see haw it would boost the confidence of the team to return to it, I had my fill of it last season.

A long kick up to the oppo's defence is a hoof, always has been always will be, but if that's what some fans want and some appear to do so then ok, but I prefer a more suttle intelligent approach. If your idea of direct is Rab kicking it as far as he can then no I don't want to see it and I can't see haw it would boost the confidence of the team to return to it, I had my fill of it last season.

Once again, you are answering points you assume to have been made. Was Glenn Hoddle a "hoofer". Is David Beckham a "hoofer". Was Garry Parker a "hoofer". Once again, a 40 yard pass in not neccessarily a "hoof". Just appreciate that even the so-called cultured sides score most of their goals with 2-3 passes maximum.

Once again, you are answering points you assume to have been made. Was Glenn Hoddle a "hoofer". Is David Beckham a "hoofer". Was Garry Parker a "hoofer". Once again, a 40 yard pass in not neccessarily a "hoof". Just appreciate that even the so-called cultured sides score most of their goals with 2-3 passes maximum.

I'm not assuming anything, I think that's what you've been doing all I've talked about is the fact that Rab was derided for doing short passing to defenders rather than hoofing it aimlessly upfield, for which he was then accorded ironic cheering from our wonderful supporters, no more no less. I'm not against a purposeful long ball to an individual player, that I do not categorise as hoofing and I never said it was.

I'm not assuming anything, I think that's what you've been doing all I've talked about is the fact that Rab was derided for doing short passing to defenders rather than hoofing it aimlessly upfield, for which he was then accorded ironic cheering from our wonderful supporters, no more no less. I'm not against a purposeful long ball to an individual player, that I do not categorise as hoofing and I never said it was.

"so because one short pass didn't quite work out you would like us to go back to hoofing...."

"If your idea of direct is Rab kicking it as far as he can....."

We must have been at cross purposes then.

"so because one short pass didn't quite work out you would like us to go back to hoofing...."

"If your idea of direct is Rab kicking it as far as he can....."

We must have been at cross purposes then.

Yep must be because all I've ever related hoofing to in this conversation is Rab.

It was a good idea, but Rab must have rolled the ball out to Gerrbrand at least 10 times in a 10 minute period, it's obvious what was happening and Millwall nearly capitalised on it. Then when Rab hoofed the ball after all those throw outs and the fans, no wait, the KOP started cheering i felt embarrassed.

They should have just varied it a little. Rolling the ball out to a central defender shouldn't be first option anyway as it was. It would be more effective throwing the ball out to either full backs, then they can run forward and pick a pass out in midfield, or attack. It's more likely to stick with them and we keep possession than a long hoof from Douglas would.

im suprised are players dont have repetative straighn injuries they keep doing the same things wrong game after the game

Who says they don't?!?!?!

I think he meant... "given that our players seemed to have great difficulty taking the ball into the other half of the pitch", it might be best to for our keeper to try and pass the ball directly to our lone striker :P

plus...

there is always a chance that the our keeper might score (if anything, Henderson has a much better chance of achieving that: his kicks are long and powerful enough). :)

Archived