Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holly

joey

dunno if anyone else has noticed but joey doesnt seem happy! he used to always come over and clap the fans and yesterday (again) he didnt he walked straight for the tunnel!

do you think he is unhappy here?

or is it coz we are doing so badly?

i really hope his unhappiness doesnt make him leave, we need him, especially as he has been our best player this season!!!!

maybe hes dissapointed with the missed chances we keep having and some of the mistakes the players are making around the pitch. or it could be the fans not getting behind the team enough just because we have a bad manager the fans frustrations should not be taken out on the team by boos and jeers

Was it Colin gibson yesterday on radio leicester, he was saying that as a player it helps you play better and gives you more confidence when the fans are cheering and behnd you, but when fans are quiet or booing its doesnt do the players any good they feel more pressured and the confidence laps.

I don't know why the fans don't try getting behind the lads, who knows they might enjoy adn the team might start doing better, just a thought though .

Was it Colin gibson yesterday on radio leicester, he was saying that as a player it helps you play better and gives you more confidence when the fans are cheering and behnd you, but when fans are quiet or booing its doesnt do the players any good they feel more pressured and the confidence laps.

I don't know why the fans don't try getting behind the lads, who knows they might enjoy adn the team might start doing better, just a thought though .

It needs abit of both to help atmosphere though, It like Levein said after the match...The FANS pay to be entertained, its the FANS who pay the players wages, Its up to the players to gee the fans up, The fans then make the atmosphere start chanting and it rebounds on the players, That is something I agree with Levein about...Fair enough the fans go to support the team and that involes chanting, e.t.c, but at the end of the day if the players/team don't entertain us, we deserve to get on there backs, and hope for them to prove us wrong and then the fans will make the atmosphere better!

its well weird though, away games everyone makes so much noise and keep songs going for ages!

but at home we sing a song, not even that loudly and it stops after a lil while!!!

but the people who do make alot of noise keep it going! especially the lads that sit at the top of f2!!!

He's obviously gonna be pissed off.

He's having his best season for us at the moment , maybe even the best season of his career.

But whilst he's running around like a blue arsed fly , most of the other players are only giving 75%.

This would piss me off aswell , If everyone else gave as much as him we'd be in a much higher place in the table.

Joey's our best player , but come mid January if we're still in this situation , I reckon he'll be off to one of the lower premiership clubs like West Brom or Birmingham.

I didn't think the fans were too bad yesterday. Even when Rab was making his dramas out of no crises whatsoever the fans treated him with good humour, merely resorting to a huge cheer when he did something right. Ironically, towards the end of one of his worst matches in City colours he made one or two critical saves.

We talk about players needing their spirits lifting but at City right now it's the players need to lift the fans spirits.

It will surely happen when we buy a striker or two and fill those other silly gaps.

I didn't think the fans were too bad yesterday. Even when Rab was making his dramas out of no crises whatsoever the fans treated him with good humour, merely resorting to a huge cheer when he did something right. Ironically, towards the end of one of his worst matches in City colours he made one or two critical saves.

We talk about players needing their spirits lifting but at City right now it's the players need to lift the fans spirits.

It will surely happen when we buy a striker or two and fill those other silly gaps.

What CL said in the after match interview on the Radio. ;):thumbup:

During the first half it was like being at a funeral, the fans were so quiet it was embarrasing. Nothing happening on the picth to encourage the fans just made things worse. The first 45 min were probably the most dull I've ever experienced at the Walkers.

In this respect I wish the fans were more pro-active. It's been shown time and time again that if the crowd get going the players respond.

It's all very well saying that the players need to lift the fans spirits but it's not all a one way street. We're not helpless in this situation. We, as fans, can change things on the picth by supporting the team instead of sitting there on our arses expecting to be 'entertained'.

Sorry Thracian but I have to disagree with you on that, I thought the fans treatment of Rab was disgraceful and not entirely deserved.

Ok he was nervous, and shouldn't be - how was ironic jeering (for hoofing it), booing and taking the piss out of your own goalie going to help things, if they're going to do that why didn't they do the same to the back four in the second half when Millwall were allowed to stroll unhindered into the penalty area. All the players in the first half under-performed but there is an obvious witch hunt against a number of players and Rab being the nearest and the most exposed is taking the brunt of the blame. I know you didn't but how people can make him responsible for the own goal I'll never know - he should've shouted to Paddy that he was going for it, I suppose he should be backing Nissa up as well - oh come on that is scapegoating of the worst kind.

I for one felt like I was sitting amongst Millwall fans.

Sorry Thracian but I have to disagree with you on that, I thought the fans treatment of Rab was disgraceful and not entirely deserved.

Ok he was nervous, and shouldn't be - how was ironic jeering (for hoofing it), booing and taking the piss out of your own goalie going to help things, if they're going to do that why didn't they do the same to the back four in the second half when Millwall were allowed to stroll unhindered into the penalty area. All the players in the first half under-performed but there is an obvious witch hunt against a number of players and Rab being the nearest and the most exposed is taking the brunt of the blame. I know you didn't but how people can make him responsible for the own goal I'll never know - he should've shouted to Paddy that he was going for it, I suppose he should be backing Nissa up as well - oh come on that is scapegoating of the worst kind.

I for one felt like I was sitting amongst Millwall fans.

Sorry Davieg, I agree with a lot of your post but I don't agree with the highlighted bit.

A competent goalkeeper has strong communication skills with his defenders. It's all about shouting and claiming the ball when the defence is under pressure that separates the good goalkeepers from the rest. Rab should have seen that there was no Millwall strikers attacking the cross, and should have claimed the ball by shouting to McCarthy to leave it - it was in the 6 yard box after all. If he can't command his 6 yard box then he's hopeless as far as I'm concerned.

I agree that the fans jeering and sarcastically appluading is doing him no good at all. But he doesn't help himself with his frequent poor decisions and abysmal kicking. There was one perfect example yesterday in the 1st half. Douglas caught the ball from a cross (:o), cue the applause, and then immediately his kick goes woefully out of play straight for a Millwall throw-in. Moments like that infuriate the fans no end. It's about time he was dropped because the fans have no confidence in him and neither do the defence.

Sorry Davieg, I agree with a lot of your post but I don't agree with the highlighted bit.

A competent goalkeeper has strong communication skills with his defenders. It's all about shouting and claiming the ball when the defence is under pressure that separates the good goalkeepers from the rest. Rab should have seen that there was no Millwall strikers attacking the cross, and should have claimed the ball by shouting to McCarthy to leave it - it was in the 6 yard box after all. If he can't command his 6 yard box then he's hopeless as far as I'm concerned.

I agree that the fans jeering and sarcastically appluading is doing him no good at all. But he doesn't help himself with his frequent poor decisions and abysmal kicking. There was one perfect example yesterday in the 1st half. Douglas caught the ball from a cross ( :o ), cue the applause, and then immediately his kick goes woefully out of play straight for a Millwall throw-in. Moments like that infuriate the fans no end. It's about time he was dropped because the fans have no confidence in him and neither do the defence.

Come on Anish Rab was far to busy on his way to collect that ball, he had it covered, you can't expect the goalie to shout out everytime he's about to collect the ball and frankly I just don't see it happening on a grand scale, only in certain instances, I don't belieive this was one. The truth is Nissa was very poor at stopping the ball come in and Paddy panicked, now I agree that may have been due to a lack of confidence in the goalkeeper but that's a different reason altogether. Maybe the ongoing abuse accounts for some of it.

Lot's of goalkeepers have games when they have an off day and kick the occasional ball out of play, Walker did it many a time, their goalie did it 3 times in a row, but it just doesn't help when people pick on one player as the cause of our demise.

When we did support our players earlier they played terrible. A far better idea might be for them to pull there fingers out and play better! Play for a full 90 minutes like they plat the last 10 minutes of some games when they realise theyve let another win slip. It only takes them to do that to get the full support of the fans, so dont start blaming us supporters you lunatic.

Archived