Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lichfieldfox.

Time to start encouraging the team - chant play for the shirt

The thing that has amazed me at home is the inability of the fans to cheer/chant and get behind the team early doors unless we are playing well. We need to be proactive as a crowd, not reactive, to be the 12th (or in most games the 11th) man to spark confidence in the team.

Rather than protest at end of Norwich game how about chant "Play for the shirt" for the first 15 mins for starters. When Leeds came up last season their fans chanted insecently for most of the match which really iritated everyone but spurred them on.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM LIKE WE DO AT AWAY GAMES

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

The thing that has amazed me at home is the inability of the fans to cheer/chant and get behind the team early doors unless we are playing well. We need to be proactive as a crowd, not reactive, to be the 12th (or in most games the 11th) man to spark confidence in the team.

Rather than protest at end of Norwich game how about chant "Play for the shirt" for the first 15 mins for starters. When Leeds came up last season their fans chanted insecently for most of the match which really iritated everyone but spurred them on.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM LIKE WE DO AT AWAY GAMES

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

at away games where weve won only one this season. by the way i was at that game , watford :) one of the few happy memories i carry of city over the last two and a half seasons

Leeds were complete rubbish - the fans created a good atmosphere but it didn't affect their team in any way.

Leeds were complete rubbish - the fans created a good atmosphere but it didn't affect their team in any way.

I agree but it did annoy LCFC fans.It wasn't a positive chant....I'm suggesting getting behind the team not away fans spoiling tactics.Maybe not best example to use.

thing is it all gets said on here but it never happens! and ya no why??? because some people are sat around people who show no passion they just wish to sit there and watch, dont get me wrong fair do's to them but its hard to get all that going when some singers are sat in the middle of voiceless people!!!

at reading last night they like us had seperated groups of were people sang, it was in the two corners, it works there so why cant it work for us???? we need someone to get it all going (they have a drummer) it got there fans going, so i say we need something to get us all going, it shouldnt be the way but it looks like it might be the only way!!!

yeh we are playing badly and the manager isnt doing his job properly, but we should still get behind the players who really wanna play!!!

lets make it a good atmosphere on sat, and scare norwich sh!tless!!! hahaha!!!

The thing about the getting behind the team theory is after so many pathetic performances/results lately , if after 10 minutes we look totally crap again most fans have had it with cheering for a bunch of underperforming overpaid unorganised unmotivated mess ! & go back to getting on their backs again.

Personally I can't blame them. It's got nothing to do with the fans cheering or booing it's down to players professionalism & ability they should be able to play aswell whatever even if the ground is empty. Sure you have off days but not off seasons unless there's a serious problem !

We have a bigger squad with higher wages than most of this league so there is no excuse for our position whether you cheer them to another draw/defeat doesn't mask that problem.

Time to get someone in who can organise & motivate that's all that's required.

It shouldn't just be down to the few singers in the crowd to get the crowd going - I have been to many other clubs' matches where the pre match crowd warm up gets the crowd really going! Although to keep it going, the team need to give their six penn'orth too!!

The club need a major rethink of how to gee the crowd up before a game, particularly in our current state. Tim Davies mentioned to me and Cobbo about what we thought about a drummer being allowed in the crowd. Ive not heard anything since and that was in August, maybe our Lisa can update us.

If the current generation of Leicester fans weren't fickle boring b*stards then there wouldn't be a problem (and I don't mean everyone before you all jump up and attack me :P )

"Sing when you're winning" comes to mind.

I'd love to sing and dance about but when i'm stuck between more plastic than a recycling plant I don't feel urged to. Credit to the people that have a go and try to get the crowd going but it doesn't come off and it annoys me. Having said that the pre match "attempts" to get the crowd whipped up is shit.

If the current generation of Leicester fans weren't fickle boring b*stards then there wouldn't be a problem (and I don't mean everyone before you all jump up and attack me :P )

"Sing when you're winning" comes to mind.

I'd love to sing and dance about but when i'm stuck between more plastic than a recycling plant I don't feel urged to. Credit to the people that have a go and try to get the crowd going but it doesn't come off and it annoys me. Having said that the pre match "attempts" to get the crowd whipped up is shit.

There is something about our fans, it is as if we would rather rant and rave at the players rather then getting behind them

There is something about our fans, it is as if we would rather rant and rave at the players rather then getting behind them

Put it this way.......How many of our fans right now, just looking around, do you think would brave a freezing cold december game in the upper tier of the old Kop with the wind in their faces?

The Walkers stadium is a comfy ground where people can come in, sit down, relax and have a good day out and a good moan.

Put it this way.......How many of our fans right now, just looking around, do you think would brave a freezing cold december game in the upper tier of the old Kop with the wind in their faces?

The Walkers stadium is a comfy ground where people can come in, sit down, relax and have a good day out and a good moan.

Give me the old weather beaten Kop or the double decker anyday :cry:

Archived