Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

For all Craig Levein supporters

Please do not reply if you want CL out this is for all CL fans to tell us the CL out fans why he should stay!

Folks seem to have ignored that.

I'll stick by Craig if no one else is anyway - who is realistically gonna come here and do better?

Sigh, my patience is running low but we're not going to do ourselves any favours by not getting behind the team :(

I'll stick by Craig if no one else is anyway - who is realistically gonna come here and do better?

Sigh, my patience is running low but we're not going to do ourselves any favours by not getting behind the team :(

Exactly how I feel about it...

i said at the start of the season, when things started to go badly, that i would give him until christmas. i have, and i'm less than impressed; even taking into the account the reduced wage bill and lower average age. but the bizaar tactics, odd team selections and 'look face bothered' post match interviews have pretty much made my mind up

We sacked Pleat mid-season and things nearly went down the funnel (though we did stay up ;) ). Little's, Taylor's and Adams' departures also lead to no improvement during each particular season.

O'Neill is the exception. But then he always will be as we won't have another manager like him. He turned us around, although we weren't in any immediate danger in the 1995-96 season before McGoo p1ssed off to Wolves.

My point, well its a flimsy one really, but there's no guarantee that whatever unemployed mug we might appoint to follow CL won't create an even bigger mess. I'm not sure we'd attract a nice shiny up'n'coming spark like Penney or whoever in our current position. More likely a firefighter like Uncle Dave Bassett or Joe Kinneer. Christ, even Peter Reid or John Gregory or Paul ****ing Gascoigne might apply.

The situtaion is dire, but its not irreversible. If I were the board, I'd give him January to get in a striker - a proven one ideally that could get us 10 goals before May. I wouldn't give him much, if any, money - perhaps a loan in this instance would be a better idea. What little money we have would be better spent pre-season by Levein or A.N.Other.

No-one else - just a striker. He's brought in loads of new players and he just has to get on with it now.

The amount of stupid suspensions we're picking up are not helping either. One or two players need to realise its a team game and that chucking the toys out the pram is really adding to our problems at the moment.

If the team seroiusly flat-lines, then yes, bring in a new man. For January, let's stay cool and not reach out blindly for the nearest short-term quick fix.

So I voted, "No", for now. :)

And what would have to happen to make that opinion change nationwider?

If the team seroiusly flat-lines, then yes, bring in a new man. For January, let's stay cool and not reach out blindly for the nearest short-term quick fix.

:thumbup:

We sacked Pleat mid-season and things nearly went down the funnel (though we did stay up ;) ). Little's, Taylor's and Adams' departures also lead to no improvement during each particular season.

O'Neill is the exception. But then he always will be as we won't have another manager like him. He turned us around, although we weren't in any immediate danger in the 1995-96 season before McGoo p1ssed off to Wolves.

My point, well its a flimsy one really, but there's no guarantee that whatever unemployed mug we might appoint to follow CL won't create an even bigger mess. I'm not sure we'd attract a nice shiny up'n'coming spark like Penney or whoever in our current position. More likely a firefighter like Uncle Dave Bassett or Joe Kinneer. Christ, even Peter Reid or John Gregory or Paul ****ing Gascoigne might apply.

The situtaion is dire, but its not irreversible. If I were the board, I'd give him January to get in a striker - a proven one ideally that could get us 10 goals before May. I wouldn't give him much, if any, money - perhaps a loan in this instance would be a better idea. What little money we have would be better spent pre-season by Levein or A.N.Other.

No-one else - just a striker. He's brought in loads of new players and he just has to get on with it now.

The amount of stupid suspensions we're picking up are not helping either. One or two players need to realise its a team game and that chucking the toys out the pram is really adding to our problems at the moment.

How do you want to know if you don't try it out?

Secondly, of course, no situation is irreversible. Question is when the club starts making decisions before it is really too late...

As for our booking record, it has happened under CL before, not just in the past three or four games. It is a sign of resignation when neither the manager (Levein) nor the players themselves (Tiatto, Sheehan, Gudjonsson today) can't learn from their mistakes and turn their aggression in something positive, like goals or assists. There is a line between all occurrences on the pitch and I don't like the way it looks like...

I am sticking with Levein.

We have all known from October/November that we needed changes. However, the transfer window system has ensured that we were unable to do anything about it. Levein has known this himself but has been unable to act. If we did not have the transfer windows, we would have had a new striker by now, long before our December slump.

I still maintain that 2 good signings will lift us.

Yes, it is easy to say that Levein should have bought wiser when he had the chance, however, it is easy to say that with hindsight. The only area we all agreed upon was the need for a new striker. The sale of Connolly (for stupid money - thanks Wigan) hastened this need, which, unfortunately the looming transfer deadline made impossible. We got Hume and Hammond, however, I don't think we expected Hume to be a 20-goal man. (I still maintain Elvis to be a cheap gamble on deadline day).

In fact, I think Levein hoped that we could do alright until January and get a better striker then, which unfortunately did not transpire.

The only way to judge whether Levein is the man for the job is the upcoming board meeting where he lists his transfer targets. Then of course, we are asking for the board to rate the potential of Levein's transfer targets (it is always difficult to predict a new arrivals impact).

We are upset at today's result, but it was unlikely we would get anything at Palace, so to that I am not surprised. The important game is Sheffield Wednesday.

The players still appear to be fighting, which is good. We just need to get a player or two in who can lift them.

We had a decent striker and we felt we didn't need him, so sold him to Wigan!

Now who was it who said it was a good bit of business?

As i said then, it will only be good business if we replace him we haven't so it wasn't!

I have supported Craig Levein from the start.Yes my patience are now growing very very thin,but i cannot think of a suitable replacement.The likes of Bassett,Gregory,Graham.......... frighten the shit out of me,and would no doubt cost us money we can ill afford to waste,without any guarantee of a improvement.Yes the fact that Levein comes out with lame excuses,and seems unable to motivate players is a worry,but equally he as more pressure on himself to succeed than any replacment would have.If we replaced him,and still got relegated who would we then blame......... would it be the new manager or Craig Levein.Of course these are worrying times,but i honestly feel we would gain nothing by changing the manager now

We had a decent striker and we felt we didn't need him, so sold him to Wigan!

Now who was it who said it was a good bit of business?

As i said then, it will only be good business if we replace him we haven't so it wasn't!

Two things, this was by your own statement was meant to be thread for those that wanted CL to stay and secondly, listen very carefully,

CONNOLLY WANTED TO GO!

Archived